Phuong

I-751 Filing - Missing Copy of GC

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi All,

Would you please give me some advise on this? I just recently mailed in the I-751 form including all related evidence. I am actually doing this all for my wife, whom is the applicant, and I am the US Citizen spouse that she married. Anyways, after I mailed in all the paperwork Friday, I realized that I did not send in a copy of the my wife's GC - I'm an idiot! Would you please advise on what I need to do in order to not delay this process?

Thanks,

Phuong

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

Would you please give me some advise on this? I just recently mailed in the I-751 form including all related evidence. I am actually doing this all for my wife, whom is the applicant, and I am the US Citizen spouse that she married. Anyways, after I mailed in all the paperwork Friday, I realized that I did not send in a copy of the my wife's GC - I'm an idiot! Would you please advise on what I need to do in order to not delay this process?

Thanks,

Phuong

really nothing you can do... if they need it they will send a document request

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To be honest I think they will just send it back to you. They seem to check the documents first and if anything is missing or incorrect they send it back rather than accepting it.

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

To be honest I think they will just send it back to you. They seem to check the documents first and if anything is missing or incorrect they send it back rather than accepting it.

I would not count on this happening... return for incorrect fee payment? yes... but the case file data entry clerk probably is not qualified to do much "checking" beyond that

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

I would not count on this happening... return for incorrect fee payment? yes... but the case file data entry clerk probably is not qualified to do much "checking" beyond that

I agree with this statement more. They do have a record of her GC so the chances are slim that they will send the entire packet back because of that. What they might end up doing is sending you a request for evidence letter with a copy of the GC listed as one of the documents. I don't see why they would make such a big deal over something they already have.

The quickest way to find out what is going on is to check your bank and see when the check has cleared (if you sent a personal check) - then shortly after that you will receive a NOA letter. If you receive that, then you are good to go!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I agree with this statement more. They do have a record of her GC so the chances are slim that they will send the entire packet back because of that. What they might end up doing is sending you a request for evidence letter with a copy of the GC listed as one of the documents. I don't see why they would make such a big deal over something they already have.

The quickest way to find out what is going on is to check your bank and see when the check has cleared (if you sent a personal check) - then shortly after that you will receive a NOA letter. If you receive that, then you are good to go!

It has happened to quite a few people. They will send an RFE for the missing document if they absolutely need it. Sending the whole package back will be silly on their part since they already have access to her green card. If you sent the wrong amount of money, then they won't hesitate to send the entire package back. Now that I think of it, there was a forumer who also forgot to send a copy of the card but got approved anyway granted this was a while back.

Edited by w8inglongtime

Timeline

OK. Sounds like just wait and see is the best thing to do. Yeah, everything else, including the payment check is in there. I also think it is minor considering the crucial info is already requested by them through the I751 form - name, address, A-number, etc. Thank you all for your responses.

Phuong

Timeline

I just checked my bank account and it looks like they have credited the check I sent in. So, I guess worst case scenerio is that they send a letter requesting the copy of the GC. At least I know they're not sending everything back.

I just checked my bank account and it looks like they have credited the check I sent in. So, I guess worst case scenerio is that they send a letter requesting the copy of the GC. At least I know they're not sending everything back.

That's good news....

Some people lose their GC and request a new one and while they are waiting for the new one, they have to lift conditions and they aren't able to send in a copy of the GC so it isn't a worst thing that can happen.

You should receive your NOA soon and then just wait until biometrics and then you may (but most probably may not) receive a RFE with a request for a copy of the GC. It will cost them money to get what they already have ;)

cheers

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good news, at least the process has started. Good luck!

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good luck! This almost happened to us, but we realized it the same day AFTER we mailed it. I realized it about an hour later...so I ran back to the post office and took my package back...and then I had to drive 45 minutes to hubby's workplace and make him give me a copy of his green card (we had really totally forgotten all about it)....and drive home, do some fancy cutting and get the package back to the post office before the 5:00 closing and 5:30 dispatch! (I work for USPS so I know my local post office's schedule for those kinds of things). Nerve-wracking day, to say the least. I did write a note on the copy itself because we mailed it as an envelope within an envelope, and without wanting to pay for postage again we couldn't get the inside envelope out so the GC copy was the FIRST thing they found when they opened it, not the cover letter, not the check, not anything we had done neatly for them... :bonk:

Still waiting to see how it turned out, but 2 months in and no RFE yet!

Divorced. To hell with him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.