Kevin-n-Merlaine

Devistation

104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

kevin I am so sorry to hear this!!! my heart definatly goes out to both of you!!!

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

I feel sorry to hear this news Kevin.But just keep praying and everything will be alright. God is good all the time even in the most difficult situation.

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
-------------------------
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

I really want to thank all of you, not only for all the help and support you've given me through all this visa #######, but for chiming in on this thread. When I talked to Merlaine this morning (there) I told her to come read this thread and she felt tons better :) Now that the shock's worn off things look more managable. We're both really hoping for a misdiagnosis (happened to her father) and that she has the infection that I thought she did originally. If not, then we're prepared to go distance with it :thumbs: She'll be flying to Manila on the 3rd and we'll go from there!!

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

We're sorry about the bad news.sad.gif

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

I really want to thank all of you, not only for all the help and support you've given me through all this visa #######, but for chiming in on this thread. When I talked to Merlaine this morning (there) I told her to come read this thread and she felt tons better :) Now that the shock's worn off things look more managable. We're both really hoping for a misdiagnosis (happened to her father) and that she has the infection that I thought she did originally. If not, then we're prepared to go distance with it :thumbs: She'll be flying to Manila on the 3rd and we'll go from there!!

We're pulling for you two!!! Kevin, did they do a chest x-ray at the doctors? Have they done the TB skin test( Mantoux test)? Most PTB patients have cavities(Tuberculous cavities) on their lungs. Some have Erythema nodosum is skin condition sometimes seen in tuberculosis when there are spots on the shins, which are painful and red and disappear within a few weeks.

I was just wondering what they did to diagnose the PTB. I would go ahead and do the Medical and see what happens after that. Doctors are wrong everyday!

My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

We're pulling for you two!!! Kevin, did they do a chest x-ray at the doctors? Have they done the TB skin test( Mantoux test)? Most PTB patients have cavities(Tuberculous cavities) on their lungs. Some have Erythema nodosum is skin condition sometimes seen in tuberculosis when there are spots on the shins, which are painful and red and disappear within a few weeks.

I was just wondering what they did to diagnose the PTB. I would go ahead and do the Medical and see what happens after that. Doctors are wrong everyday!

My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

See Danny, after I got to talk to her more, that's the part that pi$$ed me off. That doctor there did a chest x-ray, took a blood sample (finger #######) and a urine sample, then diagnosed her with PTB from looking at the chest x-ray...nothing else. She was started on the TB meds as well. Merlaine's dad got sick a while back and went to get checked. He was told it was TB and said BS! He went to another Dr. and sure enuff, the spot on his lung was pneumonia. I'm actually anxious for her to get to St. Lukes now and so's she. If it is TB then we're prepared and we'll do whatever it takes to get her healthy and happy again. If not...well :dance::dance: hahha

To her knowledge, she's never been exposed. No family members have EVER had it and no one in her barangay. Sure it's possible, but she doesn't even know of a case there.

The only symptoms she has are fever and a dry cough basically - pretty vague to hang my hat on :blink::bonk:

-USCIS-

-NVC-

-INTERVIEW-

-ROC-

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

See Danny, after I got to talk to her more, that's the part that pi$$ed me off. That doctor there did a chest x-ray, took a blood sample (finger #######) and a urine sample, then diagnosed her with PTB from looking at the chest x-ray...nothing else. She was started on the TB meds as well. Merlaine's dad got sick a while back and went to get checked. He was told it was TB and said BS! He went to another Dr. and sure enuff, the spot on his lung was pneumonia. I'm actually anxious for her to get to St. Lukes now and so's she. If it is TB then we're prepared and we'll do whatever it takes to get her healthy and happy again. If not...well kicking.gifkicking.gif hahha

To her knowledge, she's never been exposed. No family members have EVER had it and no one in her barangay. Sure it's possible, but she doesn't even know of a case there.

The only symptoms she has are fever and a dry cough basically - pretty vague to hang my hat on blink.gifheadbonk.gif

Let us all know when she does the medical.... As I said earlier, we're all pulling for you both!!good.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm rooting for ya guys.

It's gonna be fine--keep the faith, Dude. :thumbs:

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The feared TB diagnosis...I feel you for you.

St. Lukes has the final say on diagnosis and treatment, and will effectively manage her care and determine any delays that would be necessary to resolve the condition -- if there is even a condition.

I think it has already been said, but if it were me I'd have her go to St. Lukes immediately, say nothing about the first diagnosis, and see what they come up with. They are very sensitive to the situation, and you'd almost certainly color their diagnosis with the revelation. There are borderline cases where something nearly insignificant is detected in the x-ray, and they opt to begin treatment.

Look at it like a blind experiment. St. Lukes is the medical center the U.S. Embassy has chosen to determine the health of foreign nationals wishing to immigrate to the U.S. If there is anything wrong with your fiancée, they will detect it. If not, she is fine. Going in there saying someone has allegedly already diagnosed her with TB is like asking to be diagnosed again for it. What might only be a cold will invariably be looked at in a different light.

That's just my opinion. And if she does make it through, have a U.S. physician run a panel on her when she lands in the States. I've lived here in the PI for six months, and am going to trip over my own feet to have bloodwork done when we get home next week. Who knows what little (or large) bugs I've picked up over here. Same goes for my fiancée -- parasitic infection is endemic.

Whatever you choose to do, the worst case is she'll have to be put up in an apartment in Ermita and go into St. Lukes every day until it is resolved. I've heard the typical length of treatment is around six months.

I know, I cringe at the thought of that too, but once St. Lukes makes the diagnosis there is no appeal process or second opinion. Thus, I'd not say a thing about this previous diagnosis and have them assess her with a blank slate. The mere suggestion might be enough to thwart everything.

Good luck, and we wish you the best!

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

I'm rooting for ya guys.

It's gonna be fine--keep the faith, Dude. :thumbs:

Thanks Sachhhhhi!! I think it's gonna go well but I'm ready if not :)

Alcheringa - That's exactly what we're gonna do. I told her to just pretend she'd never been to the doctor there in Tacloban. St. Lukes wouldn't trust a second opinion or other treatment anyway so that diagnosis is irrevelant anyway. If they ask then I told her to be honest but not to volunteer anything. I really don't trust that Doc anyway and don't think she has it. We'll just let St. Lukes read their own chest x-ray and decide. Thanks for the advise and well wishes!!

-USCIS-

-NVC-

-INTERVIEW-

-ROC-

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Kevin...I think you are doing the right thing!!!!.....I know that you must know that a doctor in the phils if they came to the states would only be a nurse here ...so it is a good chance of a mis-diagnosis.....Why I feel strong about this is that late last year Pam's brother had lymphnoid cancer and they waited way to long to start the chemo treatments and he passed durring them ......So let the real doctors at ST. Lukes see if they can tell she has it!!!....what is the worse case senerio? If she has it you know you will have to wait the 6 months if not she will be in your arms soon!!!!

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

My heart goes out for you and Merlaine.

But I would suggest that she still goes to manila to have her medical so St lukes itself will have her treated for the records purposes.

I just fear that if she doesn't do her medical (yet) and have treated somewhere, the treatment won't count since its outside St. Lukes system.

When her fever goes out and at least feel better, send her to St Lukes and let St Lukes handle her treatment. If her medical comes out positive then you gotta do what you gotta do, if St Lukes test comes out negative at least the interview still on its schedule time.

Because if you email the embassy and they postpone the interview but she comes out negative at St. Lukes, then its another long wait.

Good luck!

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Thanks Sachhhhhi!! I think it's gonna go well but I'm ready if not :)

Alcheringa - That's exactly what we're gonna do. I told her to just pretend she'd never been to the doctor there in Tacloban. St. Lukes wouldn't trust a second opinion or other treatment anyway so that diagnosis is irrevelant anyway. If they ask then I told her to be honest but not to volunteer anything. I really don't trust that Doc anyway and don't think she has it. We'll just let St. Lukes read their own chest x-ray and decide. Thanks for the advise and well wishes!!

Sounds like a good plan. Hope she passes all tests, and you get a big relief laugh out of it. :thumbs:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Thanks Hopp :) She has less symptoms every day...just like, well...AN EFFING COLD LIKE WE THOUGHT IN THE FIRST PLACE! No more chest congestion and the fever's gone, then her sinuses were stuffey and she had a runny nose. I havne't talked to her yet tonight cuz she's at church but last night she was even better still.

She'll be at St. Lukes on Wednesday and we'll find our for sure :thumbs:

-USCIS-

-NVC-

-INTERVIEW-

-ROC-

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.