Kevin-n-Merlaine

Devistation

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

As soon as the baby is well enough, go to St Lukes and let them do their medical. They are not going to care about what other Drs have done. They are still going to make you do their sputum test and treatment. Might as well start it as soon as possible and get it behind you. They will also take care of resheduling your Embassy appointment.

As soon as the baby is well enough, go to St Lukes and let them do their medical. They are not going to care about what other Drs have done. They are still going to make you do their sputum test and treatment. Might as well start it as soon as possible and get it behind you. They will also take care of resheduling your Embassy appointment.

Thanks. I thought that was the way they did it. So she's going to have to go through the sputum test - wait for that result - then go through treatment from St. Lukes regardless right? Do you know what the treatment consists of? Is she going to need to travel back and forth to Manila? Just wondered because she's being treated by her Doc now and I'm not sure how that would work.

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Thanks. I thought that was the way they did it. So she's going to have to go through the sputum test - wait for that result - then go through treatment from St. Lukes regardless right? Do you know what the treatment consists of? Is she going to need to travel back and forth to Manila? Just wondered because she's being treated by her Doc now and I'm not sure how that would work.

she will need to live in manila for six months and go to st. lukes everyday to take her medicine...thats how they do it....thats what my friend did

that if she didnt pass the sputum test....worriedpinay2 is right...just go on with the medical if she pass thats good and if she doesnt then just wait for the right time...

God bless you both.

That's what I was wondering. Should I call the embassy and tell them what's happened? Can I reschedule the appointment(s) for 6 months out? Her doctor started treatment already of course. I want her here of course, but I'm most worried about her :(

I believe she has one year to do the interview, from the time of approval. Just call USEM to reschedule. Hopefully you still have a call credit on your PIN# and can find it.

You'll get her there. Priority now is to get her back 100% healthy.

You don't need to explain WHY you need to reschedule. No need for them to know.

Edited by Hopp

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

I believe she has one year to do the interview, from the time of approval. Just call USEM to reschedule. Hopefully you still have a call credit on your PIN# and can find it.

You'll get her there. Priority now is to get her back 100% healthy.

You don't need to explain WHY you need to reschedule. No need for them to know.

if im not mistaken the St. Lukes is the one who will reschedule your interview after your 6 months treatment :unsure:

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

St. Lukes is scheduled on a "Walk-in" basis. She has not yet gone to Manila yet.

it will be better to just go on with the medical in st. lukes and she failed they will treat her and wait for six months...than get treated for six months from other doctors...and if she will fail another six months of treatment by st.lukes... just a long wait and waste of time.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

it will be better to just go on with the medical in st. lukes and she failed they will treat her and wait for six months...than get treated for six months from other doctors...and if she will fail another six months of treatment by st.lukes... just a long wait and waste of time.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Hey Kevin, sorry to hear the news. But your best bet is to have her take the medical and if needed, get on with treatment at St Luke's ASAP. St Luke's should be the one deciding the treatment, because as bmtrrbt says....you could have 6 months treatment with a private doc and still fail St Luke's medical (then you have 2 more months of sputum and maybe even 6 more months of treatment). You never know.....she may even pass St Luke's... I believe St Luke's has the most advanced method in PI for determining TB. Either way you're better off having her go through St Luke's the first time and you won't have to worry about surprises later. And I do believe if she ends up having sputum test and then TB treatments, St Luke's will reschedule your interview. Good Luck....and God Bless you both! :blush:

~Johnny~

Kevin...we are so sorry to hear the bad news, and we trust that Merlaine will make a complete recovery. Her health is the most important issue right now.

Both of you will be in our thoughts and in our prayers. (F)

~ Tahoma and Chinook

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Kevin! Oh, noooo. :(

I'm so so sorry. I hope she feels better soon.

I agree with the above posters. There's no point getting her treated by her own doctor. Get her to St. Luke's now and let them run their tests. If she passes the sputum test, then great! If not, they will treat her for 6 months and then set another interview date. I know there was a similar case on this forum a few weeks ago. The wife was treated and cleared of TB and then issued the visa.

Hang in there, man, we're here for you. (F)

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Sorry to hear this...hopefully it is a misdiagnosis. I would still have her do the medical like everyone is saying. It will be less time in the end if she has to do the sputnum test. Keep us informed. We are praying for Merlaine.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Oh dear, sorry to hear this news.Must be upsetting but it is good that she got diagnosed now and she can get treated well.

And even though you guys have to wait a bit longer still, the diagnosis now is still one of the better things to have happened in the bigger scheme of things.

Hope your fiance feels better and we are all thinking about you two. (F)

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Man, I really am sorry to hear this Kevin. Hopefully this was a misdiagnosis. It could be possible that she has pneumonia. As others have suggested, I would still let her do the Medical. If rejected, they will plan the course of treatment. I'll keep you both in my prayers!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.