MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for telling it like it is. I appreciate it. For real! Sometimes it's hard to swallow but it certainly makes me step back & take a look at my actions & again, appreciate the honesty when others might sometimes be afraid to say something for fear of hurting feelings or whatever. I know VERY well that I'm FAARRR from perfect & I'll be the first to admit I have pretty poor relationship skills so this is a huge learning experience for both of us. We want this to work & more than ever do I now understand what people mean when they say 'marriage is hard work'! I keep saying this but only time will tell if we can work through our issues & become the team/family we've always hoped for.

Ells, I love you to death and you know this. So, please take this with a grain of salt. You are harsh. I see A LOT of myself in you. I tend to fight for the thoughts in my head because I KNOW they are right. And, granted, they probably are. But, you have to take into consideration the other person. It's been a long journey for me to get to the point to say even if I am right, I may not be right for this particular situation. Flexibility. Compromise. And, sometimes you just say aw, #### it....no one is going to die if we don't do it this way. And, if he crashes and burns, I say good try.... not..... told you so!

But, he absolutely has to be honest. Everything else can be worked out. But, if he's lying about the little stuff, you tend not to trust him at all. Once that's gone, it's gone IMO. I mean really, if he lies about the sandwich he just ate, am I going to believe him about something big like talking to a woman? I think not. Ask him why he lies about the little stuff EVERY time you catch him. Maybe there is a pattern.....like.....and, I'm sorry, Ells....like you overreact and he can't take that. YOU have to work on the overreacting part. HE has to work on the lying. No one person is to blame for everything. Work on it one day at a time, my friend.

Like Lady C, this will take time.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sometimes, kids need more than what's called "handling" You can be the sternest parent in the world and your child STILL acts out, you could've raised 10 well behaved kids and child number 11 comes out a hot mess. Sometimes it has nothing to do withthe parents, it can be the environment that they're around, ie school and or they have something going on mentally. Just my opinion.

Makes me smile star_smile.gif

And that's why the cycle of having problems in your relationship contunies, you have to accept your man/woman the way they are UNTIL they are ready to change. No pressure is the best way.

Goodmorning chiney eyes, how are you?

Same thing my husband said KJyes.gif

Timeline

The same like he does every night girl. We put him to bed and he started to bawl as usual but we ignored him. When that did not work he kept coming out to go to the bathroom. G put him back to bed and then he started turning the lights on and off. I was trying to help G fill out all his employment papers so when I got up and told him to stop he kept up the bawling. We finally went to our room and I have no idea when he stop bawl. SMH

Wear him down yall!

Lady C he need a good cut A$% from he father..the one where you would have to pull he father off of him...and then he will realize D$%^ no more playing around.

Finesse I glad you still felling sexy...cant put up no smiley cause this broadband a work slow.

Tee that was fast. you no get it subway credits right, real money we a talk ?

JQ yes we all have been there lol I was just there yesterday..no I good if you know wha mi mean. lol

Real money mi a talk... by the way they shorted me 10 cents.. but Im good headbonk.gifrofl.gif

Timeline

i wonder what is going on in his little head. i can just picture him as he is flickering the lights on and off thinking to himself "how much of this can you take stepmommy?"

it is kinda funny...even tho it is not really funny at all

we have had hella probs with my son in the beginning so i know sometimes things are so crazy, you just have to laff....otherwise you might go nuts!

He knows what he is doing and he see its not working with me and he see that G wont side with him when is is acting up.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

Hope nobody takes this wrong, but he sounds like a baby. You know the whole they cry for no reason and if you pick them up, they learn how to work it. When there really is nothing wrong, if you just leave them there to cry, they learn to comfort themselves and go to sleep.

Time and patience, C.

Let the church say amen.

Timeline

i wonder what is going on in his little head. i can just picture him as he is flickering the lights on and off thinking to himself "how much of this can you take stepmommy?"

it is kinda funny...even tho it is not really funny at all

we have had hella probs with my son in the beginning so i know sometimes things are so crazy, you just have to laff....otherwise you might go nuts!

I was imagining the same thing Finesse like "I gotchu now, let's see how long it takes before you respond".... My son used to laugh in my face, not on purpose but because of a nervous condition.. I had to literally tell Rashida to sat her azz down" laughing.gif

LadyC - Congrats to hubby starting a new job. I pray your family will come together soon.

Hey Shemmy whats good? How is your daughter doing? How is the baby? You ready to drop that load I bet :)

Hey...I spent my Mother's Day with four generations - Grandmother, mother and my daughter...I am very blessed.

That is truly a blessing!

Timeline

LadyC - Congrats to hubby starting a new job. I pray your family will come together soon.

Thanks Shemmy...Girl time heal all. We will get pass this soon.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes Ell, I feel you on that, but my homegirl let her Jamaican husband have occasionals female friends and in the end he was living and @#$% one of them, so I told her jokingly "GIRL MEN ARE JUST LIKE DOGS YOU HAVE TO TRAIN THEM AND KEEP THEM ON A TIGHT LEASH BECAUSE IF NOT THEY WILL GO ASTRAY" rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

AMEN to that...Control that leash I will let you out a little and bring it back when I see it going to far..I love how Mary J blige sings never let another woman cook in your kitchen....My man have his female friends but they only talk over the phone as they are all long distance..besides he to busy with the kids to look woman...lol

Timeline

Ells, I love you to death and you know this. So, please take this with a grain of salt. You are harsh. I see A LOT of myself in you. I tend to fight for the thoughts in my head because I KNOW they are right. And, granted, they probably are. But, you have to take into consideration the other person. It's been a long journey for me to get to the point to say even if I am right, I may not be right for this particular situation. Flexibility. Compromise. And, sometimes you just say aw, #### it....no one is going to die if we don't do it this way. And, if he crashes and burns, I say good try.... not..... told you so!

But, he absolutely has to be honest. Everything else can be worked out. But, if he's lying about the little stuff, you tend not to trust him at all. Once that's gone, it's gone IMO. I mean really, if he lies about the sandwich he just ate, am I going to believe him about something big like talking to a woman? I think not. Ask him why he lies about the little stuff EVERY time you catch him. Maybe there is a pattern.....like.....and, I'm sorry, Ells....like you overreact and he can't take that. YOU have to work on the overreacting part. HE has to work on the lying. No one person is to blame for everything. Work on it one day at a time, my friend.

Like Lady C, this will take time.

Is it me or does JG sound like a therapist? wow.gif You say things they way I think them but it doesnt always come out right when I type it...

Hey...I spent my Mother's Day with four generations - Grandmother, mother and my daughter...I am very blessed.

As my G'ma would say, that's a blessing!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Thanks for the love ladies!!!!

I'm home and feeling aight

y'all are right, it wasn't that bAd...

I do remember the first thing I asked while I was in the recovery room

was "when can I eat?" only me, only me LMAO

THANK GOD FOR CODINE (sp)

Glad you feeling good Just..time heal all wounds.

Timeline

He knows what he is doing and he see its not working with me and he see that G wont side with him when is is acting up.

things should get interesting then....either he will knock it off or do even more outrageous things..

he is smart...gotta give him that

Timeline

AMEN to that...Control that leash I will let you out a little and bring it back when I see it going to far..I love how Mary J blige sings never let another woman cook in your kitchen....My man have his female friends but they only talk over the phone as they are all long distance..besides he to busy with the kids to look woman...lol

I LOVE that song and how she talks about him being an investment!

I just wanted to shout out Ells real quick because I missed her on this board!!!star_smile.gifheart.gif I had to send a search and rescue team out for her :)

What's good with you SugarApple? Did you have a good Mother's Day?

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.