MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I got as far as "car problems"...........huh.gif

okay??? dyam..i would be scared to get in a car w/ sus and dj in ja..heck, im walking!!

LMAO - This was a minor one - And you haven't heard me say accidents, lol - Just issues - I have told DJ multiple times he NAH touch mi car EVAH!!!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is great that he reconnected so much on this trip. :thumbs:

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Hey ladies,

Question we still have not received visa, and we have not gotten an response to my emails. Do you guys think I should hire someone to look into it or just wait. It seems like that our case has slipped through the cracks.

When I call DOS they tell me the same thing they can not understand what is the hold up and that the notes on the case says that the realtionship is crediable.

Sugarapple, hiring someone isn't going to do any good -they aren't going to get anymore info than you already have - What I would start to do is become the biggest pain in the A** to everyone and everything - Call your congressman, senator, blast email the USCIS, NVC, the embassy, DHL,..... anyone and everyone you can get in contact with - Be ruthless about it! Don't just be satisfied with Jo Blo who answers the phone - ask for supervisors -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Hey ladies,

Question we still have not received visa, and we have not gotten an response to my emails. Do you guys think I should hire someone to look into it or just wait. It seems like that our case has slipped through the cracks.

When I call DOS they tell me the same thing they can not understand what is the hold up and that the notes on the case says that the realtionship is crediable.

I would be emailing/calling the embassy like crazy!!!! They need to give you an answer and if you hire someone they aren't going to get any further then you can. Be persistent. At one time there was a number that people would call and get through to a person. Does anyone still have that number?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Question....

My friend just got married to a guy from JA that was on a visiters visa. he has 2 kids the he brought here with him one is in school and one is not. They were olso on a visiters visa. If he sends them back to JA will they be allowed to re-enter since my friend will put them on the I130 petition? They have all over stayed their time.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

Hey ladies,

OMG this is crazy. I would be on the phone every second of the day. Blow up their phone/email/fax/mail with calls and letters also try calling your congressman/woman to see if they can help. Be a major pain in their rass. Im sorry this is happening to you.

oMQjm5.png

AOS

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

Timeline

Oh sookie now I just got my first heart...... :dance::dance:

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Timeline

That is great that he reconnected so much on this trip. :thumbs:

yes.. and you know what.. i finally have experienced the MONEY/GIFT REQUESTS..

ive heard vjers talk about it for years now, and because roger is not in contact w/ pretty much anybody LOL i always just LISTENED, but BABAY, now i can RESPOND!!

i am all for helping family, but roger has had ppl ask him for things just cuz they COULD..

his older brother has worked for a bank in kingston since he graduated high school, he has one child and his wife is a nurse..tell me why he told roger to bring him a laptop!! roger told him he couldn't afford that so he said some work shoes..which for him would be dress shoes.. still fairly expensive when you have to buy for 3 kids of ur own, ur dad, mom and step mom..GOSH.. i facebook w/ him sometimes so one day he asked me did roger get his shoes, i told him i didn't know..(even tho i knew he had opted to get an outfit cuz he ran out of money) but i railed in on him (in my sweet, u can't even tell im being mean way) about roger being so stressed about money when he should be looking forward to seeing his family after all these years.

the mnth before he went he called his mom after 7 yrs now remember, they talked a few times and he sent her some money..COOL the week before he came, she asked him for money to get his lights back on.. i was thinking?? after all this time of not talking to him, is there NO ONE else that can help w/ this??

he took alot of money w/ him, and hardly came back w/ any cuz he said everywhere he went ppl ask for money and cuz he has been gone so long he wanted to help as much as he could..he said next time he go, he will not be doing that..

im not knocking it, he was so happy to have bought his mom and them some things.. and he is not free w /his money AT ALL so i knw he won't let it get out of hand, but he's my husband and i hate to see him stressed behind these things..

Timeline

Question....

My friend just got married to a guy from JA that was on a visiters visa. he has 2 kids the he brought here with him one is in school and one is not. They were olso on a visiters visa. If he sends them back to JA will they be allowed to re-enter since my friend will put them on the I130 petition? They have all over stayed their time.

If they go back, they are stuck there till new visa.

I would leave them all here and file for adjustment of the status now.

ive heard vjers talk about it for years now, and because roger is not in contact w/ pretty much anybody LOL i always just LISTENED, but BABAY, now i can RESPOND!!

i am all for helping family, but roger has had ppl ask him for things just cuz they COULD..

his older brother has worked for a bank in kingston since he graduated high school, he has one child and his wife is a nurse..tell me why he told roger to bring him a laptop!! roger told him he couldn't afford that so he said some work shoes..which for him would be dress shoes.. still fairly expensive when you have to buy for 3 kids of ur own, ur dad, mom and step mom..GOSH.. i facebook w/ him sometimes so one day he asked me did roger get his shoes, i told him i didn't know..(even tho i knew he had opted to get an outfit cuz he ran out of money) but i railed in on him (in my sweet, u can't even tell im being mean way) about roger being so stressed about money when he should be looking forward to seeing his family after all these years.

the mnth before he went he called his mom after 7 yrs now remember, they talked a few times and he sent her some money..COOL the week before he came, she asked him for money to get his lights back on.. i was thinking?? after all this time of not talking to him, is there NO ONE else that can help w/ this??

he took alot of money w/ him, and hardly came back w/ any cuz he said everywhere he went ppl ask for money and cuz he has been gone so long he wanted to help as much as he could..he said next time he go, he will not be doing that..

im not knocking it, he was so happy to have bought his mom and them some things.. and he is not free w /his money AT ALL so i knw he won't let it get out of hand, but he's my husband and i hate to see him stressed behind these things..

Good luck with that!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

If they go back, they are stuck there till new visa.

I would leave them all here and file for adjustment of the status now.

Good luck with that!

Thanks JG I will let them know.

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Timeline

Dillon.....IMO, cut her loose. I had a friend who went off on me for something bugging HER when I was knee deep in my own issues and apparently missed her telling me something. I mean she went off with hurtful words. I just stopped talking to her. No yelling. No mean words. Just cut her off. She has since emailed me and asked me what happened. I told her. I was and still am deep in my own problems and you said things I can't just put up with and pretend it's all good.

Not saying I won't ever forgive her. But, if she was truly the friend she said she was, she would know those words stung me too much at this time. And, that I'm not a person who you can do that to and I just take it. I don't need friends like that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Question....

no they shouldn't go back.. they should file AOS..

Timeline

Quana I am from Guyana and they are the same way. I never let them know when I am coming because the phone calls will start coming. I carry things for them its just things that I can afford. When I get there I get bills (water, phone & Light) from them to pay or I get leave this for me when you leaving. My step father always go to Guyana with 2 suitcase and always come back with a carry on. He gives away everything. But im really glad Roger had a good time and he got to see his family.

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Timeline

Dillon.....IMO, cut her loose. I had a friend who went off on me for something bugging HER when I was knee deep in my own issues and apparently missed her telling me something. I mean she went off with hurtful words. I just stopped talking to her. No yelling. No mean words. Just cut her off. She has since emailed me and asked me what happened. I told her. I was and still am deep in my own problems and you said things I can't just put up with and pretend it's all good.

Not saying I won't ever forgive her. But, if she was truly the friend she said she was, she would know those words stung me too much at this time. And, that I'm not a person who you can do that to and I just take it. I don't need friends like that.

yeah mon..words hurt, beent here done that.. i have a coworker that used to be a besty, we can talk now cuz like u said nothing wrong w/ forgiving, even tho roger things im crazy.. but things will never be the same..

Timeline

no they shouldn't go back.. they should file AOS..

Thanks Quana

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.