MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is the message I sent her along with the friend request. Now mind you I have known her since 1998 and we worked together when I lived in Vegas. She knew my family pretty well over the years.

K, I'm sorry that I didn't get the opportunity to see/visit you while I was in Vegas. My father's passing was extremely hard on me and I was not able to express the pain I was feeling at the time. I apologize if that offended you - you have truly been a good friend in the past.

Her reply...........

Hi P,

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I can't imagine how difficult your fathers death was and I understand how much you were going through. He was a kind, sweet man who always had a positive thought.

We had planned to stop in but did not want to intrude on your family.

All the best,

K

She didn't even accept my friend request..she hit ignore.

I just wrote her back and said. "All the best to you too" and left it at that.

Well you did the best you could under the circumstances.. there is a reason and a season. All good things must come to an end. Just be glad for the time you knew her and was friends with her. Time to move on....

Timeline

Thanks for your responses I just wanted to hear your opinions.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

well yunno to be fair to her, she probably meant it as she didn't want to get into their personal space as they are greiving

i'm like that, when someone is dealing with a serious issue and i can't offer something to make them feel better, i don't say anything at all

but then if she is using that as an excuse to miss the funeral then yea that is terrible

i took it to mean since dillon didn't invite her personally that she wouldn't come cuz she thought she would be intruding when as a good friend that "knew my dad" you should know u wold be welcome

Edited by dancehallquana

Timeline

Bunz...love those shoes too.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

awww, i agree with dills though about trying to get some time for you and hubby

and good thing on your little man stepping up

damn girl, you did what you could and your conscience is free

you shouldn't have to apologise for dealing with the death of your father in the first place

maybe one day in the near future you two will be able to make further amends, but until then if she isn't mature enough to spit out what it is that is bothering her........it's on to the next one

sacramentoweddingphotographers_08.jpg

i saw these shoes on one of those wedding portfolio links

love it!

Now yall know I don't "do" shoes, but I love these :)

Timeline

i hate it ended like that tho.. she was nice enough to come get u guys from the airport, maybe something else is bothering her, but if she nuh wan talk about it, what can you do.. u did the right thing by extending the olive branch and it was up to her to accept

Timeline

omg dillon..that just hurt my heart..

GOOD MORNING ALL!! just read the last page, sorry cyaan ketch up..

dills, man.. it sounds like she took it to dyam serious "didnt want to intrude" omg..

Right! ugh.. Hey Q how are you

Timeline

i took it to mean since dillon didn't invite her personally that she wouldn't come cuz she thought she would be intruding when as a good friend that "knew my dad" you should know u wold be welcome

I kind of that took it that way too Q. I really almost didn't invite anyone because I didn't think of it. I know that J got the word out because J's own sister told me she was sorry she couldn't make it because of the short notice. I wasn't upset that K didn't come as I know she has a hard time with going to church or whatnot but dang...it's like that to not talk to me now.

You are right MrsTee time to move on. It was always me contacting her anyways to stay in touch since I moved to STL.

i hate it ended like that tho.. she was nice enough to come get u guys from the airport, maybe something else is bothering her, but if she nuh wan talk about it, what can you do.. u did the right thing by extending the olive branch and it was up to her to accept

J picked us up from the airport not K.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

after we picked up about 50 cigarette butts off our front lawn, hubby and i cleaned our guest room last night..changed the linens, etc...here is what we found leftover from the party (that doesnt belong to us):

1. 1 pair of mens pants

2. a cellphone

3. a blunt

4. a hoodie

5. a tube of lipgloss

6. an earring

7. a case of cd's

I know for sure that there were 6 people that slept in that room. But damn...how u gonna leave so much stuff behind?? did some dude leave the party pantless??

What a collection of stuff! Too funny.....

Timeline

Right! ugh.. Hey Q how are you

am GGRRRREEEAAATTT lol

hubby is back YAYYY and i did enjoy miself while he was away, had to take off yesterday to catch up on my sleep AND get a sexy party marathon on before mista had to go back to wuk LOL.. i mostly missed talking to him.. dem calling cards nuh easy!!

i need a VACAY!!!!!!!!!!! when are u leaving for ja or the bahamas??

Timeline

Bajan, congrats on your daughter graduation. Your are going to be a pround mama today!

Hi Sugar... Yes bajan congrats! What an accomplishment.. She is growing up into young womanhood now...

Timeline

am GGRRRREEEAAATTT lol

hubby is back YAYYY and i did enjoy miself while he was away, had to take off yesterday to catch up on my sleep AND get a sexy party marathon on before mista had to go back to wuk LOL.. i mostly missed talking to him.. dem calling cards nuh easy!!

i need a VACAY!!!!!!!!!!! when are u leaving for ja or the bahamas??

So how was his trip? I know he had to have a great time seeing the kids and everything.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Yesterday I am bored as I don't know what at work so I am looking through my friends on FB and I notice that K isn't on my list anymore. I was like okay maybe she removed her FB account. Well I go to J's FB page and they are still friends so she didn't delete her account. So I am like she must be upset because I didn't call her and ya it was kind of bad on my part and I honestly did go to call her a couple times but got side tracked with everything that was going on. However she knows that my Dad has passed and never once tried to call or reach out to me or even send me a message on FB. No biggie whatever. So I decide to send her another friend request and a note....

See finesse you need to keep far away from FB because it can cause some drama....LOL

Is anyone reading or even care about my stupid FB story?

I have found that it is the tough times in life that show you who your true friends are - I had a similar experience with people I would have thought were good friends - And support that showed up in unexpected places - It hurts, there is no way around that - But in the end, I have come to realize that I am better off without them - cause if you can't be by my side when I am down, don't expect to be there when I am up.

We had an interesting talk about the value of true friends this trip - The reason we started the trip in Negril was to go to Western Consciousness (rained out) because one of my friends from here was playing at the show. I talk about him all the time to DJ - he's an incredible person. On Saturday, we had a battery issue with the car (shocker, lol) - I called my friend to see if he knew a mechanic in the area, because I didn't want to get raked over the coals for fixing the problem. He was up in Grange Hill with his family - Told me he would call me back in a few. He called back and said I am on my way. He grabbed up his nephew, and some friend who is a mechanic (the guy closed down his shop) and drove to Negril - the friend fixed the car and didn't charge us a dime. DJ was floored by it all, said you really have a good friend there -

Some people you know you can just count on, no matter what -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.