MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Q-I would want to experience the Bahamas the same way you did..nothing fancy so try to remember where you stayed. The last time we were in Jamaica together was for his interview in 2009. We went to Chicago together last 4th of July and all our other trips this year have been with the kids so we need a trip together. Even if it is a staycation.

JG it would be a blast if we were there at the same time. Tomorrow is when I am going to Ft Wayne to meet up with the kids. Is the race track happening tonight? Might try to hit that up.

Yes, every Friday night.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

and u right..a staycation is nice too.. a differnt atmosphere and time away from the "world" does wonders.. the hotel we got last week runs 120 but we got it for $80 on hotels.com..

I have a free night at any Drury Hotel. Just have to find the time to use it.

how a firefighter gonna be afraid to fly LOL

He's not afraid to fly. He's a stubborn jackass sometimes!

jg got her own bar??

I wish.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

GUESS WHO'S BACK!!!!

Training was putting something tough on me. I have been going for One whole month and three weeks straight. No days off. I really need a drink. Cause yall know it is 5 o'clock somewhere. But I can't.

Eric and I took that R. Kelly song literally and went half on a baby. Ise pregnant yall. OMG!!!!!

And my husband has been on every job interview known to man. Hopefully this last one was the one.

congrats jew!! you mean eric ain't log on and tell us LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Where's the Homeymoon at?

South Beach! Perfect mix of beach, relaxation and club scene :)

Timeline

K1 Timeline:

I-129F Sent to CSC: November 9, 2009

I-129F Received by CSC: November 10, 2009

NOA1: November 10, 2009

NOA2: March 19, 2010

NVC Received: March 26, 2010

Interview: May 11, 2010

VISA APPROVED!

Visa Received: May 21, 2010

POE: May 21, 2010

AOS Timeline:

Sent: August 12, 2010

RFE: August 21, 2010 (outdated 485-blah)

Re-sent: August 23, 2010

Received: August 24, 2010

NOA1: September 10, 2010

Biometric Appoint: October 12, 2010

Biometric Walk-in in Chicago (unsuccessful): September 24, 2010

EAD Touch: September 24, 2010

EAD Touch: September 27, 2010

485 RFE: September 30, 2010

EAD Touch: September 30, 2010

485 Touch: October 1, 2010

EAD Touch: October 1, 2010

RFE documents sent in: October 6, 2010

Biometrics Complete: October 12, 2010

485 Touch: October 13, 2010

EAD Touch: October 13, 2010

485 Transferred to CSC: October 13, 2010

485 Touch: October 15, 2010

485 Touch: October 21, 2010

EAD Card Production: October 22, 2010

485 Touch: October 26, 2010

485 Touch: October 27, 2010

EAD Received: November 1, 2010

Green Card Production: November 16, 2010

Green Card Received: November 22, 2010

Timeline

well I should tell you what those pictures can't capture. LOL

Some of you may have read this before as they say it was posted before.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/259348-to-those-who-are-marriednot-married-and-soon-to-be-married-read-this/

Aww this was sweet and so true. Couples often forget the small details.

Timeline

I do event planning for a living so I had our whole wedding planned in about 2 weeks! LOL. Its an afternoon wedding in Lincoln Park Zoo overlooking the flamingo pond. Then they have a little reception area that is right there too. We will have about 25-30 people there. Hoping some of his family can get visas approved to come over and enjoy the day with us. Fingers crossed. Open bar, lots of food- his friend is DJing for us and playing the sax for the processional (should be nice). Its a great venue because all of the flowers and decorations are already built in. I am just hoping it is not blazing hot at the end of July. But hey, its Chicago- I will be surprised if we reach over 75 :)

Ur an event planner?? Wow we must chat!!!!

Man that is horrible but like you said you two have moved on and or back together so there ( as I stick my tongue out at immigration) Oops sorry Lawny...

Timeline

Anybody on here deal with their ex badmouthing their new hubby to the kids. If so, how did that work for them? And, what did you do to fix it?

I know my ex bad mouths my dates to my kids he actually told them they are the reason why we are not together anymore. I wish my kids were grown for a good five minutes so I could tell them the real truth and see what they thought of daddy then. I just tell the kids that is not true and mommy and daddy like each other but we just can’t live together no more is all. No other man has anything to do with this (as I fill out K-1 forms) No I’m joking but that is what I explain to them. I am worried because my husband has bad mouthed my possible future mates my kids will really not take to them well.

LMAO - Dada Listen to the Lady Saw version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJAWXzkurlY

Man I can't wait to get home to listen to this. I can't pull the link up at work.

I always listen to Gyptian's version cuz mi like de beat but today I listened to the words and it made me blush. Someone made a remix to it but its called Ganja....

Timeline

GURL..these are friends that were w/ me when i met him.. and got the play by play the whole way thru the LDR.. i was really surprised how they acted towards the idea of the marriage, thats why i stuck to my vj sistren so much..if anybody would understand, i thought they would..

Hey I'm going to assume I'm not included in that bunch :angry: !!!!

I have always loved the two of you together and I still do but nuh worry yuhself star cuz when our friend ave ta do the same ting we gwaan sey why so soon... LOL

Timeline

Hey I'm going to assume I'm not included in that bunch :angry: !!!!

I have always loved the two of you together and I still do but nuh worry yuhself star cuz when our friend ave ta do the same ting we gwaan sey why so soon... LOL

of course not.. DADA IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS STATEMENT.. mi nuh guh say NUTTING.. been shaking my head in disbelief cuz all the naysayers doing the same thing they were upset with me for doing.. CRAZY.. but i won't be like them, if it looks legit, i will be happy for them, even if it doesn't i still will, cuz i got my own relationship to worry about..yuhseeit!

Timeline

omg..dada..ur ex need to stop..ur kids are alot smaller than mine, thats just no right..when i tried to tell my daughter the truth it didnt' help, she aaid i hurt her to let her know her dad and i were having problems alot longer than she ever knew.. it was like her life was a lie..

Timeline

I know my ex bad mouths my dates to my kids he actually told them they are the reason why we are not together anymore. I wish my kids were grown for a good five minutes so I could tell them the real truth and see what they thought of daddy then. I just tell the kids that is not true and mommy and daddy like each other but we just can't live together no more is all. No other man has anything to do with this (as I fill out K-1 forms) No I'm joking but that is what I explain to them. I am worried because my husband has bad mouthed my possible future mates my kids will really not take to them well.

Man I can't wait to get home to listen to this. I can't pull the link up at work.

I always listen to Gyptian's version cuz mi like de beat but today I listened to the words and it made me blush. Someone made a remix to it but its called Ganja....

I PM'd you.

omg..dada..ur ex need to stop..ur kids are alot smaller than mine, thats just no right..when i tried to tell my daughter the truth it didnt' help, she aaid i hurt her to let her know her dad and i were having problems alot longer than she ever knew.. it was like her life was a lie..

But what if the ex won't stop?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

wow dada.. thats deep..he has always called him his dad hasn't he??

man blended families are hard.. think thats why i stayed married to the ex so long, didn't wanna go thru this..

montego bay in the house my dupes LOL!!

Yeah my ex was in my son’s life since he turned three. I never made my son call him dad he started calling him that emself. They were tight as glue. Now granted with the additions to the family he had to share his dad’s attention and as Da got older and started smelling himself they went through there times but I never thought it would get this bad. I told my ex what my son said and he plains on calling him about it. I honestly think he needs to talk to him face to face but it is what it is. I will respect my son’s feelings and not refer to him as his dad but it’s sad. What made me fall in love with my ex was the way he stepped up to the plate with my son. He picked him up from day care for me when I had to work late and dr’s appts because he worked nights so he offered to do it during the day. He was at all his birthday parties and little league games heck he’s the reason why my son played football. I was against it but my ex said no let him play. My ex’s family accepted him as their own I have always loved them for that, there was no difference between mine and my ex mother n laws biological grand kids. My ex always refereed to my son as his son and still does. Some tried to say once my ex got his own kids by me he changed. I don’t think he did.

My ex has been getting on my son a lot lately you know he is a teenager and smelling himself and then he is nice to the younger ones but I told my oldest they are younger than you is all. I told my ex he needs to give him positive reassurance sometimes too not always negative. Truthfully ladies I don’t think there is no mending of this relationship. So it goes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.