MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We actually aren't married yet. Wedding is set for July 24th, so about a month and a half. Not waiting too long. But I was also pretty set that I wanted a "real" wedding. We are getting married at the Lincoln Park Zoo here in Chicago. Everything is planned and ready to go. Now just waiting on the 24th to get here :) We actually had to move it 3 different times because of how long our K-1 process took!

Aww nice. My next wedding I so want it on the beach!

Timeline

Anybody on here deal with their ex badmouthing their new hubby to the kids. If so, how did that work for them? And, what did you do to fix it?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Hi Yardies (((WAVING))) wah gwannn. What have I missed?

:ot:

My 19 year old daughter is a 36DDD and we are having a very hard time finding swim wear tops. Does anyone know where we can find cute ones. My friend says if we find one in the maternity store or a plus size one she can alter it.

Why did reading this post just make me feel like my breast got smaller??

Timeline

Did you all hear Nicki Minaj has a remix with Gyptian Hold Em. I love it!! Man I love his voice. Wait now that I'm listening to the lyrics he isn’t talking bout :o ..... Wait yes he is :blush: .... OMG!!!!

Be back let me listen to this again :innocent:

LMAO - Dada Listen to the Lady Saw version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJAWXzkurlY

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I could just hug you right now JG.. you know how long Ive been looking for a site with bras for my size kicking.gif Thank you

Timeline

Yeah MoBay men rock!!!! lol

I think its because they don't realize that we've known them for awhile, its just that we have to get married quickly.. at least on a k-1 so to them it seems fast.

GURL..these are friends that were w/ me when i met him.. and got the play by play the whole way thru the LDR.. i was really surprised how they acted towards the idea of the marriage, thats why i stuck to my vj sistren so much..if anybody would understand, i thought they would..

Timeline

I think it is a little different. When you come in on a K-1 you can apply for an EAD right away. A lot of people don't because if you file with your AOS, there is no additional cost for that document. If you file them separately its an additional $340. My fiance wanted to get started working as soon as possible rather than waiting almost 2 months for our wedding and then another 3 months or so for the AOS and EAD approval. If all goes well, he should be able to start working as soon as we get back from our honeymoon!

You are right but the downside to that is when you file ead seperately it takes just as long to come (they say about 3 months) that is why they suggest you file with AOS because its included in the cost of 1010.00 filing fee. You may end up spending an extra 340 for nothing. They not gonng let no one work before their time.. thats the government with our tax money at work!

Timeline

Yea. I was with him! It was terrible. I was sitting there waiting for him to come through the visitors section of immigration for like an hour and finally some officer came over and said he was being detained, sent back to JA in the morning and his visa was cancelled. They took his phone so I couldn't even talk to him until the next day when he reached home. And you know all they gave the man to eat all day while detained was a cheese sandwich! Nice hospitality huh? We thought we were fine if he abided by going home before the 6 month limit each time- guess not. They said he was behaving an an intending immigrant who was just vacation back at home. GRRR. Oh well, all past us now thank God.

I do event planning for a living so I had our whole wedding planned in about 2 weeks! LOL. Its an afternoon wedding in Lincoln Park Zoo overlooking the flamingo pond. Then they have a little reception area that is right there too. We will have about 25-30 people there. Hoping some of his family can get visas approved to come over and enjoy the day with us. Fingers crossed. Open bar, lots of food- his friend is DJing for us and playing the sax for the processional (should be nice). Its a great venue because all of the flowers and decorations are already built in. I am just hoping it is not blazing hot at the end of July. But hey, its Chicago- I will be surprised if we reach over 75 :)

sounds beautiful kh :dance::dance: .. and what a unique and GOOD idea.. :thumbs:

yes, i learned right here on vj i believe that altho they do allow the 6 mnths timeframe, its not good to stay the whole time EVERY time.. immigration go figure, but like you say.. ya'll are SOOOOOOOOOOO past that now..

Timeline

That would have teeded me off to its like come on yawl just work with me. You don’t have to do back flips but don’t be rude. I’m so scared when I remarry because my oldest son has already told me he doesn’t wanna see me with no one. He actually told me he doesn’t want me to refer to my X husband as his dad anymore. I knew their relationship was strained but I didn’t think it was that bad.

wow dada.. thats deep..he has always called him his dad hasn't he??

man blended families are hard.. think thats why i stayed married to the ex so long, didn't wanna go thru this..

Mobay.... Buck Buck!!!!

montego bay in the house my dupes LOL!!

Timeline

I may be wrong but I am sure you can apply for AOS but NOT an EAD. If you can apply before filing for AOS, I would be AMAZED if was BEFORE getting married! Do keep us updated though!!!! Would be nice if you CAN apply before!

You CANNOT apply for AOS because they require your marriage certificate. You CAN apply for EAD (work permit I-751) but you still have to wait about the same timeframe you would if you did it concurrently with the I-485 (gc). Same thing with AP (advanced parole, I-131), they suggest you file that with I-485 (gc). More costly to file ap and ead by themselves.

Edited by MRStee

Timeline

Anybody on here deal with their ex badmouthing their new hubby to the kids. If so, how did that work for them? And, what did you do to fix it?

jg.. my kids dad did it for just a lil while in the very beginning, and my children understand their dad and his mental limitations LOL.. they don't pay him any mind.. my youngest said he told them to cuss out roger if he tries to talk to them and she told me "mama, i listen to daddy, but i know not to do that".. its sad, i thank God they are so sensible, but i do think it may have a lil to do with their acceptance of roger..

Timeline

So wait you were with him when they took it? Shut up!!! Isn’t a visitor’s visa to visit so what if you come back and fourth? Kissteet well I’m glad you two are together anyway thanks for sharing I think that is so sweet. Another girl on here met her guy through a band!!!

So you’ll learn I love hearing about weddings it’s my thing. So tell me your plans for yours. One day I’m going to have my own wedding planning team:

Dada- Will Coordinate

English- Will take the pics

Lady C Will assit English with helping the couple pose.

Sus- Will make sure all legal documents are in order.

JG- Will plan the bachloreete and bachelor parties

Tee- Will write the vows

JQ Boom- Will bless the couple with a prayer

Dillion- Will watch the kids during the ceremony/reception

Jenkins- Will coach the couple on how to resolve anger issues

Philly- Will select all the music

Lawny- Will cook the food

Nat- Will show them ways on how to save money

Jamerian- Will do their couple massage

Suga- Will plan their honey moon in the VI Islands

Quana- Will keep the guest pon de dance floor

:rofl:

The heck I will!!!!! Put me in charge of the BAR!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Here is what is says on the 765 instructions. So, I think we are good. Got the NOA1 that is was accepted. Guess we will see smile.gif

K-1 Nonimmigrant Fiance(e) of U.S. Citizen or K-2 Dependent--(a)(6). File Form I-765 if you are

filing within 90 days from the date of entry. This EAD cannot be renewed. Any EAD application other than for a replacement must be based on your pending application for adjustment under ©(9).

True.. but think of this..

If you file lets say July 26th because you are getting married on the 24th.. your card wont come until 3 months after this which is about/around Oct. 24th...

Now lets say you file your Ead with ap and I-485 on July 24th... its quite possible to get your gc by Oct. 24th which now you wont even need the ead anymore.

It just all depends on USCIS and how they process it. Like us here in this room, some people got their ead before their gc, some didn't even get their ead but got the straight gc. The green card is what you need to work, travel etc....

Another bit of advice is to try after two weeks of his arrival to get his Social Security card right away. If not you have to wait until you file AOS, I believe.

Timeline

Not necessarily true.. I told you I went and had a horrific experience... so much its gonna be hard for me to go back, but hopefully you and Dillon will change my mind about it.

FOR THE LAST TIME....you were NOT in St Louis! You were in Illinois!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.