MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl BOOM

My family feels that since I have a great income with my hubby and we have a house and some kids already we should take her. Im like hell to the no!!!!!!!! mad.gif

My dad spoke to my hubby about it (behind my back headbonk.gif ) and he said yes!

I told him do you remember that my baby is graduating the 1st of July and will need to be here in that month. \How can we take another child?

I feel that its going to be so different for her to adjust and understand whats going on and another child would just shadow that, because my family willbe coming to get my neice like she is a princess.

I dont want nothing to overshadow my baby coming. This is her time'

I asked my dad why can the take her??, my step mom works and he dont mad.gif He is there all day

Dont forget im still working full time and so is my hubby. Thats alot

Hubby got pissed and said that if it was his brother daughter he would take her.

I said thats all fine and dandy, but Moy Moy need to adjust first mad.gif then lets see what we are doing. wacko.gif

Im not even thinking of the baby in my stomach im just thinking of her right now.

My dad is in a good situation to take her right now.

maybe later we can take her but my dad has had custody of her before when my sister has cut up. and been in and out of jail.

I dont care of this sounds selfish, its overwhelming wow.gif

hey always tell the baby I said heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

It doesn't sound selfish at all, girly. adding 3.....yes 3 more kids to that house would be overwhelming to anyone. And, face it, hubby is still adjusting as well. You are thinking with your head, my friend. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think it's the right thing to do.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I do not know what it is to walk in your shoes so cannot pass judgment on your decision.

In Jamaica, it would be a foregone conclusion that you would take the child. That is probably why your husband said he would take the child, in Jamaica, the question would even arise, it would be assumed that the child would be taken in.

I know you are saying that your daughter needs to adjust, but what is the alternative if no-one takes your niece? Foster care?

This is probably one of the biggest cultural difference between Americans and Jamaicans. Here, it's no biggie. The though is, well I can't be inconvenienced, so while I'd like to take the child I can't. In Jamaica, there's a sense of responsibility, no matter how it is going to be worked out, it is going to have to be worked out.

Your husband is probably finding how you think incomprehensible right now because it is so far removed from what he would expect to do.

Hope you make the right decision.

I've seen this a handful of times JAE and I get what you are saying. But, when I've seen it, the women.....and yes, I am saying women, cause there were no men involved in the care of the children then......had no business taking another child in. They couldn't even support themselves or the ones already in their care.

The sense of responsibility is what it is. But, so is the economic and emotional issues attached to this. I agree, I would hate foster care. And, if that were the last resort, I would definately bite the bullet and take her in. But, if there is anyone else to care for the child, I would do exactly what is being proposed here.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

RIP Gary Coleman...

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

Good Morning Yardies.....TGIF..Im off to NYC for the next 3 days oh what fun im going to have. I cant wait for 5pm so I can clock out.

kicking.gifkicking.gif

Have fun Lady C... you deserve it..

I hope all of you have a great weekend. Nothing planned for us.

Timeline

Why is most of the people in my office making jokes after they found out Gary Coleman died. Just for today cant they just resist the urge to make fun of the dead. KISSTEETH...All the short joes are not funny at all

oMQjm5.png

AOS

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

Timeline

This is the dumbest thing i ever heard of...

I tried to make a doctors appointment for the girls and my son at the same time and they told me they only can schedule 2 kids at a time. #######!! She said it is the office policy. I said tell the doctor to call me cuz i'll be damned if i'm gonna come there 2 separate times....cho!!

Ive never heard of such a thing! I bet they wont mind the copays for them... lawd.. let us know how you make out mama

Timeline

innocent.gif

Hey Sugar,

The baby is doing great thanks for asking , I just had another sonogram done yesterday and they said it is developing nicely, but the baby is stubborn whistling.gif wonder where it gets that from innocent.gif.

YOU!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This has happen to me so many damn times. Since I have 3 kids they always want me to schedule 2 at a time. I changed doctores because of this. Who the hell have the time to take off work 2 days.

well the doctor finally called me and said that the reason for the policy was in case someone no showed...she would waste 3 time slots. makes sense i guess. she said she would make an exception for me tho :star:

Timeline

This is the dumbest thing i ever heard of...

I tried to make a doctors appointment for the girls and my son at the same time and they told me they only can schedule 2 kids at a time. #######!! She said it is the office policy. I said tell the doctor to call me cuz i'll be damned if i'm gonna come there 2 separate times....cho!!

Girl my children doctors said the same thing an I had my three boys I was like what the F, she tell it is so that other people can get a chance to see the doctor. It aint like the going in different rooms....mad.gif I took my children someplace else that is why they have 2 doctors for when one piss me off.

Timeline

I've seen this a handful of times JAE and I get what you are saying. But, when I've seen it, the women.....and yes, I am saying women, cause there were no men involved in the care of the children then......had no business taking another child in. They couldn't even support themselves or the ones already in their care.

The sense of responsibility is what it is. But, so is the economic and emotional issues attached to this. I agree, I would hate foster care. And, if that were the last resort, I would definately bite the bullet and take her in. But, if there is anyone else to care for the child, I would do exactly what is being proposed here.

ahhhhhhhhh a voice of reason :)

well the doctor finally called me and said that the reason for the policy was in case someone no showed...she would waste 3 time slots. makes sense i guess. she said she would make an exception for me tho star_smile.gif

Yayyyyyyyyyy

Timeline

morning yardies

sugarapple we've had a couple yardies who had that similar issue and they go through but i know it's still worrying so i'm not gonna tell you don't worry but it will come soon

Thanks Bunz..I know right I here trying not to worry but it is a natural feeling until he gets it in his hand. And reaches to the VI then I will be find, LOL silly me.

Timeline

KJ are you going to the Irie Jam Celebrity Soccer Match in Queens on Monday? I will be there. A mini yardie link up would be cool. I will be on Flatbush Ave all damn day Saturday. Im getting my nails, toes, brows, lashes & hair done.

That is what I am talking about the whole do done!!! Enjoy!! All you need with that is full body massage.

Timeline

That is what I am talking about the whole do done!!! Enjoy!! All you need with that is full body massage.

True...I will just turn on the massage in the salon chair

well the doctor finally called me and said that the reason for the policy was in case someone no showed...she would waste 3 time slots. makes sense i guess. she said she would make an exception for me tho :star:

Okay....Glad she will make the exception for you

Have fun Lady C... you deserve it..

I hope all of you have a great weekend. Nothing planned for us.

I sure will Tee

oMQjm5.png

AOS

Timeline

Why is most of the people in my office making jokes after they found out Gary Coleman died. Just for today cant they just resist the urge to make fun of the dead. KISSTEETH...All the short joes are not funny at all

no0pb.gifno0pb.gifno0pb.gifblink.gif not nics at all!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.