MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wonderful news on all the jobs!! With the economy the way it is, God has to bee looking out for you!! Congrats!!

I feel the fact that your men have jobs will strengthen your marriage, most Jamaican men have this STRONG provider instinct...

One word of advice, I would ensure that from the GET GO they are contributing a portion of their income to the house. My husband and I have a simple way of doing it. He adds up all our joint expenses and then adds up our wages and we contribute an equal percentage to the bills. Works really well because it's a really fair way of doing things.

HECK YEAH!!!!!!!! girl roger ( and I lol) wouldn't have it no other way..we split the bills a lil different i guess but he pays a fair amount i would say.. he pays the cell phones for the fam, the internet, the cable, house phone, gas for his car and some of groceries.. i take care of everthing else..

his biggest problem is gonna be learning to find a healthy balance w/ time with is wife. i guess in the LDR when we were together..we were together ALL the time, it was us against the world lol..even when he first got here, i was working but after work, it was me and him. now he AND i have work, church, engagements its VERY different. he will figure out a healthy way to balance it all without getting frustrated..I HOPE lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi quanna!!!

what's for lunch peeps? i'm starvin like marvin!

Steak & Cheese Sub...hmmmmm

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

I put mochadoodle in my kitchen plug in last night. My whole house smells heavenly. And, I dont' even drink coffee! Go figure!!!!

umm, i can smell it now..girl it would light up my whole downstairs.. better than a candle i think

hi quanna!!!

what's for lunch peeps? i'm starvin like marvin!

hey babycakes, i dunno, maybe taco bell.. its been awhile

Timeline

Hmmmmmm.....some smart woman give you that sagely advice??????

Ya I wonder who that smart woman was. LOL :rofl: :rofl:

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

mi bex!!! when mi lef dis mawnin, mi lef a "just because" gift for hubby on the dresser...two nice bottles of cologne wrapped up nicely and put into a gift bag...that i spent $150 on!! him and di girls were sleep when mi lef.....him STILL nah call mi and mek mi knoa he like dem or wha!! :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning ladies

I hear yall with the hours when hubby got to the states we were looking for anything M-Sunday 12-11:59. Then he got a job working full time but with a temp agency for a nice company. 7pm to 7am some of yall remember that, I was more sad than he was. I would pick him up from work and drop him off at home, and go to work myself and before I came home he was already gone on the bus so he would not be late.

He did that for 4 months non stop and since he was so dedicated and was 30 minutes late one time, and never called in they

1. Hired him full time with the company

2. Switched his hours 7a, to 5:30

3. Gave him Wed, Sat and Sun off

4. Gave him more money

He loves the pay but hates the labor of the job, I tell him thank God you even have a job MR.

He is thankful. I see it

So just have them take what the can for a minute God is in the mix for all these beautiful Jamaican relationships and giving favor :dance: :dance: :dance:

:rofl: i had to think about that for a second..monday - sunday thing :rofl:

Edited by finesse

Timeline

I was going to go to taco bell after Q said that but then I remember I just had tacos for dinner last night. So I have been snacking on the food here at the office since people brought stuff in for May Birthdays today.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

unsure.gif something about this statement nuh sound right..

headbonk.gif

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

I was going to go to taco bell after Q said that but then I remember I just had tacos for dinner last night. So I have been snacking on the food here at the office since people brought stuff in for May Birthdays today.

I had ice cream cake for breakfast for that same reason. Love birthday lunch day. Ours was yesterday.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Good Morning Yardies...

Well we took Jaheim to see the therapist yesteryday and it was a good visit. He will go once a week from now on. He did not wnt to talk at first but then he warmed up and talked alittle. He has a bad speech problem and his acsent is very strong so we had to translate but I just glad that we started this. Thank you all for your support. good.gif

Brooke girl you should have told me you wanted to party in Brooklyn I would have sent you to the right dance. Refelection is a cool place. I hate Time Square too...TOO MANY DAMN PEOPLE...

That is a good sign Lady C, he is making progress good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.