MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning ladies

When G was looking for a job he applied at Home Depot but he was not happy with the hours either.

I hear yall with the hours when hubby got to the states we were looking for anything M-Sunday 12-11:59. Then he got a job working full time but with a temp agency for a nice company. 7pm to 7am some of yall remember that, I was more sad than he was. I would pick him up from work and drop him off at home, and go to work myself and before I came home he was already gone on the bus so he would not be late.

He did that for 4 months non stop and since he was so dedicated and was 30 minutes late one time, and never called in they

1. Hired him full time with the company

2. Switched his hours 7a, to 5:30

3. Gave him Wed, Sat and Sun off

4. Gave him more money

He loves the pay but hates the labor of the job, I tell him thank God you even have a job MR.

He is thankful. I see it

So just have them take what the can for a minute God is in the mix for all these beautiful Jamaican relationships and giving favor :dance: :dance: :dance:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

girl those are Roger's EXACT words.. these yard men are too much alike sometimes LOL we always had said we would not accept an overnight job, well HD got him in offering 8pm-12am which he was okay with, but since day one it has been "suggested" OT till 5am..he was all happy about it at first but now he is NOT feeling it..

thats heartwrenching about ur stepson, did he always act like that, how did ur husband handle it in JA??

I have 2 step sons.. 9 and 6, i often wonder what it would be like to leave home at such a young age..i know kids adjust but i hope they do not have too much of a hard time..

Jobs are not all that easy to come by. It's good to just have one.

Wish him luck finding another that suits him better.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

a him light dem...he always light candles after we clean the house...mi nuh knoa where he get that from

That sounds like a good idea... get rid of the fumes from cleaning supplies.

One word.............SCENTSY! Toss those candles, Finesse.

Sorry, sweetie. But, in an emergency, you aren't going to get to use the elevators. Keep up that endurance just in case. rose.gif

Both of your comments remind me that you date firemen. :lol:

What is scentsy?

He is doing well with the food delivery, gets RAVES on his food, I think his restaurant idea might really come to fruition..we praying..

That's excellent!

Good Morning Ladies,

Mikel enjoyed his first day of work and was up bright and early this morning for work. He got a call last night for a hotel for Valet parking and has an interview on Friday for that. He is going to see if he can do both since he is going to be on 2nd shift for the job he has now 4pm-12am. Keep your fingers crossed. The valet job would be from 7am-11am.

Would you two see each other if he works 7am - 11am and 4pm to midnight?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Ladies,

Mikel enjoyed his first day of work and was up bright and early this morning for work. He got a call last night for a hotel for Valet parking and has an interview on Friday for that.

valet5.jpgvalet_2_picture.jpg

Congrats on that Dillion my aunt does that on the side and makes hellllllla dough!!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

valet5.jpgvalet_2_picture.jpg

Congrats on that Dillion my aunt does that on the side and makes hellllllla dough!!!!!!! :dance: :dance:

JQ girl you funny....You can find a pic for anything

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline

Both of your comments remind me that you date firemen. :lol:

What is scentsy?

That's excellent!

Ya at about 12:30am when he gets home and on his days off. Right now we both are saying he had a year of no work so for right now he is going to bust he ####### for a year and by then he will have some experience to get something better.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Good morning ladies

I hear yall with the hours when hubby got to the states we were looking for anything M-Sunday 12-11:59. Then he got a job working full time but with a temp agency for a nice company. 7pm to 7am some of yall remember that, I was more sad than he was. I would pick him up from work and drop him off at home, and go to work myself and before I came home he was already gone on the bus so he would not be late.

He did that for 4 months non stop and since he was so dedicated and was 30 minutes late one time, and never called in they

1. Hired him full time with the company

2. Switched his hours 7a, to 5:30

3. Gave him Wed, Sat and Sun off

4. Gave him more money

He loves the pay but hates the labor of the job, I tell him thank God you even have a job MR.

He is thankful. I see it

So just have them take what the can for a minute God is in the mix for all these beautiful Jamaican relationships and giving favor :dance: :dance: :dance:

thats a great testimony jq!! You are right, you never know how God will change the situation, Roger has been there 4mnths next mnth..he doesn't wanna quit, just continue with his 8pm-12am and find another day job, we'll see whats God plan is!!

Timeline

Both of your comments remind me that you date firemen. laughing.gif

What is scentsy?

That's excellent!

Scentsy is candle melters and melts. Use a night light bulb to melt the wax. Smells wonderful. I have a link on my face book page. I swear by this stuff. Not big on fires! https://kells-smells.scentsy.us/Home

Edited by *JG*

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Ya at about 12:30am when he gets home and on his days off. Right now we both are saying he had a year of no work so for right now he is going to bust he ####### for a year and by then he will have some experience to get something better.

Hmmmmmm.....some smart woman give you that sagely advice??????

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Wonderful news on all the jobs!! With the economy the way it is, God has to bee looking out for you!! Congrats!!

I feel the fact that your men have jobs will strengthen your marriage, most Jamaican men have this STRONG provider instinct...

One word of advice, I would ensure that from the GET GO they are contributing a portion of their income to the house. My husband and I have a simple way of doing it. He adds up all our joint expenses and then adds up our wages and we contribute an equal percentage to the bills. Works really well because it's a really fair way of doing things.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Jobs are not all that easy to come by. It's good to just have one.

Wish him luck finding another that suits him better.

yeah, he gets on my nerves at times, cuz im like ITS A JOB,what you been waiting for all this time, but i do understand tho, we squeeze in a day of interaction into 2 hrs..before he leaves :wacko: then on weekends, running errands, church, REST lol.. its a workable schedule, but if there is any other way, im game for him to find it, as long as he hangs on to what he got till he finds another.. :thumbs:

Scentsy is candle melters and melts. Use a night light bulb to melt the wax. Smells wonderful. I have a link on my face book page. I swear by this stuff. Not big on fires! https://kells-smells.scentsy.us/Home

i have one of those..its HEAVENLY!!! i need to buy some new melts come to think of it

Timeline

yeah, he gets on my nerves at times, cuz im like ITS A JOB,what you been waiting for all this time, but i do understand tho, we squeeze in a day of interaction into 2 hrs..before he leaves wacko.gif then on weekends, running errands, church, REST lol.. its a workable schedule, but if there is any other way, im game for him to find it, as long as he hangs on to what he got till he finds another.. good.gif

i have one of those..its HEAVENLY!!! i need to buy some new melts come to think of it

I put mochadoodle in my kitchen plug in last night. My whole house smells heavenly. And, I dont' even drink coffee! Go figure!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wonderful news on all the jobs!! With the economy the way it is, God has to bee looking out for you!! Congrats!!

I feel the fact that your men have jobs will strengthen your marriage, most Jamaican men have this STRONG provider instinct...

One word of advice, I would ensure that from the GET GO they are contributing a portion of their income to the house. My husband and I have a simple way of doing it. He adds up all our joint expenses and then adds up our wages and we contribute an equal percentage to the bills. Works really well because it's a really fair way of doing things.

that is exactly how we do it too...by percentage, not dollar amount :thumbs:

Sounds like a great game plan Dills!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

that is exactly how we do it too...by percentage, not dollar amount :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.