Yardies a home and a farrin - Part 26!

4,303 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon Ladies

HEEEEY

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MrsTee you know I have been off the board for a little bit and my have missed this update but did you retake the math test again and pass? Sorry for having to ask.

Mathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sike okay so this is what happened:

I haven't taken the math test again, but I went to visit my university the day we did Steve's biometrics. So I went up to the Education Dept. and my old advisor/professor was the first one to spot me and was so happy to see and meet hubby. Then she went across the hall and got the director of field placement. He got his assistant and then my advisor (whom Ive never met) came walking up the hallway. I was explaining to them how I kept failing the math test. They asked the usual things, have you gotten the book, did you do the practice test, did you go to the Center for Academic Enrichment? Well I did all but the last but I had a tutoring session set up for that day. They were telling me not to worry they would help me, because they pretty much understood that I was about to throw away 7 years of college because of frustration.

When I was done, I went to the enrichment center where sister Mary Elizabeth tutored me for 45 minutes. I learned more with her in 45 minutes than ever. So last week in the mail, I received a letter from the Education Department that they were going to let me continue on with my classes, admit me to the school of education, and they gave me a fee waiver form so I don't have to pay for the test because Ive taken it so many times! Yay! and I can continue my full class load. I have to maintain a 3.0 which I already have and take the test before I graduate. So Ive decided to try again in August.

Another friend of mine who is already a teacher told me to use the GED math book and You Tube any subject in math Im having a hard time in. The math test has 4 components. Where I keep going wrong is in algebra and probability. So Ive been You tubin it up and Its getting better for me. So there you have it!

Timeline

Glad for us alll- We have been blessed by the Most High... I'll try for a walk-in by God's grace tomorrow

Lol @ mucho caliente lol..... It will work out for you! Let us know how it went.

Timeline

Lol @ mucho caliente lol..... It will work out for you! Let us know how it went.

What girlfriend u on fire- two degrees in one (I only got one :( )

I'll keep u all posted for sure.

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Have u guys been keeping up with what going on in kingston my man said kingston close down from 4 today. With what is going on with Golden and dudus and extradiction matter.

I haven't been keeping up b/c there's so many sides to the story. But I do hope that it doesn't get out of hand and innocent ppl get hurt...

You send me your address and I will make you one!

okay!

Morning!

What! Go KJ! :dance:

I'm SO GLAD you quoted MrsTee, because I'd completely missed that post. MrsTee got a coupon book and CUT COUPONS! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: After all that anti-couponing spatter. :rofl::bonk: This gave me a great laugh to start the day.

MrsTee, next thing you know, you'll come on here excitedly sharing all your great deals!

The chicken came out great. I used the browning & other seasonings & cooked it in the pan a bit. I added chicken broth, orange peel, lime juice, sesame seeds, thyme, ground jalepeno pepper, hot sauce, and a bunch of other seasonings. After it cooked a bit, I baked it in the oven in a casserole dish. Made some broccoli & carrots with garlic flavor, and some rice with turmeric, chicken broth, & other flavors. He enjoyed the dish. I didn't even rub in his face how little butter I used, compared to the 3/4 stick he puts in almost EVERYTHING.

Thank you.

Yes Nat I had to quote MrsTee and I can't wait to see her come on here and share how much she saved :yes:

Morning All! I hope that everyone is doing well! I am going to try to go back and catch up! :wacko: Have a great day everyone!

Hey Dens what's up?

I see you changed your pic, what's up with that? That cool pic of team douglas was pefect!

Congrats KJ! That's awesome! :thumbs::dance:

How's your G'ma doing? :unsure:

Morning! We loving it...still trying to get use to it all. It feels good to be in our own though. Saturday we cleaned and Sunday we were in all day. I find that I enjoy going grocery shopping and actually cooking and preparing meals!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies,

I hope that everyone is doing well.

Lol! I remember those days 3x's a week. I graduate this week w/ a certificate and associates in psychology, drugg and alcohol counseling and I swear I need a miracle to get the motivation to go on and get the bachelors and masters...

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Morning!

What! Go KJ! :dance:

I'm SO GLAD you quoted MrsTee, because I'd completely missed that post. MrsTee got a coupon book and CUT COUPONS! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: After all that anti-couponing spatter. :rofl::bonk: This gave me a great laugh to start the day.

MrsTee, next thing you know, you'll come on here excitedly sharing all your great deals!

The chicken came out great. I used the browning & other seasonings & cooked it in the pan a bit. I added chicken broth, orange peel, lime juice, sesame seeds, thyme, ground jalepeno pepper, hot sauce, and a bunch of other seasonings. After it cooked a bit, I baked it in the oven in a casserole dish. Made some broccoli & carrots with garlic flavor, and some rice with turmeric, chicken broth, & other flavors. He enjoyed the dish. I didn't even rub in his face how little butter I used, compared to the 3/4 stick he puts in almost EVERYTHING.

Mmmm... Sounds good!

So, my husband's mom called him last night to tell him that our nephew, who is 13, was involved in a fight at school. He stabbed the boy twice (not sure with what), but he was hit in the head w/ some sort of object which busted his head open and he had to stay in the hospital. Not sure if it was just for precautionary measures at this point. When my husband tried to get more info from his brother (nephew's dad--he had none--and had done virtually nothing) :ranting::ranting: Needless to say my husband is upset and stressed out, which in turn is tearing my nerves up! I have always been worried about this boy. He runs with the an older group of guys, and they are all bad news. He's supposedly in a gang. I wish there was a way that we could get him away from all of that, but he's having no parts of it. :unsure: Just keep us in your prayers folks. Will keep you guys posted.

That's horrible. You guys are in may prayers.

Yes congrats KJ on your Associates. Keep pushing forward mi gyal! You too SugarApple! Mind you when I get my Bachelor's I will be making only slightly more than I make currently and by the time I pay back student loans, it will equal what I get paid now. The only difference is, Ive been employed at my current job for 22 years and I get 5 weeks vacation, decent benefits. Now I will have summers off and can spend them in JA if I want to! (wooooooo hooooooooo) This job I considered a "job". Teaching is a "career" and a passion of mine. Getting paid to do something I love, have summers off, good benefits and pension. What more could a girl ask for? smile.gif

That's awesome Ms Tee. Congrats!

Mathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sike okay so this is what happened:

I haven't taken the math test again, but I went to visit my university the day we did Steve's biometrics. So I went up to the Education Dept. and my old advisor/professor was the first one to spot me and was so happy to see and meet hubby. Then she went across the hall and got the director of field placement. He got his assistant and then my advisor (whom Ive never met) came walking up the hallway. I was explaining to them how I kept failing the math test. They asked the usual things, have you gotten the book, did you do the practice test, did you go to the Center for Academic Enrichment? Well I did all but the last but I had a tutoring session set up for that day. They were telling me not to worry they would help me, because they pretty much understood that I was about to throw away 7 years of college because of frustration.

When I was done, I went to the enrichment center where sister Mary Elizabeth tutored me for 45 minutes. I learned more with her in 45 minutes than ever. So last week in the mail, I received a letter from the Education Department that they were going to let me continue on with my classes, admit me to the school of education, and they gave me a fee waiver form so I don't have to pay for the test because Ive taken it so many times! Yay! and I can continue my full class load. I have to maintain a 3.0 which I already have and take the test before I graduate. So Ive decided to try again in August.

Another friend of mine who is already a teacher told me to use the GED math book and You Tube any subject in math Im having a hard time in. The math test has 4 components. Where I keep going wrong is in algebra and probability. So Ive been You tubin it up and Its getting better for me. So there you have it!

God is good! Hang in there, girl!!!

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Timeline

That is great MrsTee! Good thing you went in and talked to your advisor...good things came of it and in August you better pass or I am going to bring Niq out and kick your A$$.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Congrats KJ! That's awesome! :thumbs::dance:

How's your G'ma doing? :unsure:

Thanks, she's okay but in a lot of pain. Poor thing, she's a trooper though!

Morning! We loving it...still trying to get use to it all. It feels good to be in our own though. Saturday we cleaned and Sunday we were in all day. I find that I enjoy going grocery shopping and actually cooking and preparing meals!

That's good that you're enujoying those things, I see that won't be a problem for you in the near future.

lol Ive ALWAYS cut coupons and use them. My co worker brings me them every monday. I just dont get all worked up about them as Nat may want me to lol

Oh ok...

So, my husband's mom called him last night to tell him that our nephew, who is 13, was involved in a fight at school. He stabbed the boy twice (not sure with what), but he was hit in the head w/ some sort of object which busted his head open and he had to stay in the hospital. Not sure if it was just for precautionary measures at this point. When my husband tried to get more info from his brother (nephew's dad--he had none--and had done virtually nothing) :ranting::ranting: Needless to say my husband is upset and stressed out, which in turn is tearing my nerves up! I have always been worried about this boy. He runs with the an older group of guys, and they are all bad news. He's supposedly in a gang. I wish there was a way that we could get him away from all of that, but he's having no parts of it. :unsure: Just keep us in your prayers folks. Will keep you guys posted.

Oh no, I hope he's okay...

NO I wont because that mess doesn't excite me headbonk.gif I never said I didn't "do" coupons. I just think its obsessive when you know the sites and keep spreadsheets on it.. ugh to each his own though.. Im glad it makes you happy Nat.

Lol

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

It's okay! It only looks good on paper lol

:blush: But but... :crying:

:whistle::whistle: But here i am complaining about this bachelors

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Kj its only Thompson2 and her hubby and myself and my hubby that are still going to NYC on saturday. We will probably do lunch and later hit up a club.

Timeline

blush.gif But but... crying.gif

whistling.gifwhistling.gif But here i am complaining about this bachelors

But! you have time on your side! You are still young and can retain more than I can! lol You can do it..Im even going for my master's after this. I found out that Temple has a graduate program that lets you study abroad and guess where one of the places is? JAMAICA!!!!

You can do it!!!! smile.gifgood.gif

Learning is fun.... *whispering, except for math* lmao.. and do you know I helped my nephew with his math last night. He is in 1st grade. He is the sweetest. He counted all his change to pay for his trip to the zoo. It costs 15.00 and he had 18.00. He was going to give his teacher all that change!laughing.gif My sister told him she will take it to the coin machine so he can get dollars and then pay for half and she will pay for the other half .... so cute!

Edited by MRStee

Timeline

Kj its only Thompson2 and her hubby and myself and my hubby that are still going to NYC on saturday. We will probably do lunch and later hit up a club.

I so wish I was going... :crying:

But! you have time on your side! You are still young and can retain more than I can! lol You can do it..Im even going for my master's after this. I found out that Temple has a graduate program that lets you study abroad and guess where one of the places is? JAMAICA!!!!

You can do it!!!! :)good.gif

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: you are a hot mess!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

I haven't been keeping up b/c there's so many sides to the story. But I do hope that it doesn't get out of hand and innocent ppl get hurt...

okay!

Thank you.

Yes Nat I had to quote MrsTee and I can't wait to see her come on here and share how much she saved yes.gif

Hey Dens what's up?

I see you changed your pic, what's up with that? That cool pic of team douglas was pefect!

You will be waiting a long time, cause that aint gonna happen. The only thing I was excited about was saving money at Kohl's... supermarket/drugstore stuff I have been doing for years. My mom was a coupon clipper. And I shop at about 3 different markets. So I know it just dont excite me unless its clothes... Cause these fukkas charge extra for plus sizes! mad.gifheadbonk.gif So when I can save on clothes, that makes me happy. Like the shirt I have on today was only $3.00! Now THAT makes me happy! yes.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i am there in spirit

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.