MeggyMo

Entry denied at customs what was said at the interview

31 posts in this topic

Wow, mine was a breeze compared to yours.

I surprisingly didn't cry until I was walked back to the check in.

My fiance was with me, I heard him calling for me from the customs and all I could do was sit in secondary and wait.

Never did get to see him, he was told to go to where the plane was and wait.

What a terrible day that was. But, here I am in the US, and that day is all over :D

Wow I would have thought that would have been harder knowing he was right there and you were so close.

I would have been even more of a puddle than I already was!

Yea and I guess that is just how you have to think.

Sometimes Angelo and I talk about that day and how big of a mess we both were but with terrible days like that you just have to get it out of your mind it just brings you down

Filed I-751: December 29 2012
Rec NOA1: January 7 2013
Biometrics:January 25 2013

Green card approved: June 17 2013
OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU ARE SO FINE. OH CANADA OH CANADA YOU BLOW MY MIND

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I dont know why I was able to be so... calm and collected.

It's funny, when I activated my K1 one of the same officers was there :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Oh no way!

That would have been ahrd not to give him a certain hand gesture after you successfully passed through customs.

Then you might have had to haul @ss though! :rofl:

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

my write up sounded AWEFUL... Lemme see if I can find it...

AAhh.. here it is!! Mugshot and all..

"Subject was coming to the states under a B1-B2 visa to visit a "friend". Subject had been in the states for 5 months in 2005 and was going to the states for another 3. Secondary bag inspection revealed that subject is married to a USC (hubbys name), and is pregnant with his child. Subject gave false information about visiting a friends, subject claims that she has never worked in the states. CLAIMS and CIS are negative. Subject has no criminal history. Subjects visa has been cancelled and she has been told that she now has to be petitioned for by her husband".

It was SCARY!!!!! They totally found my marriage certificate in my suitcase and GRILLED my @SS!! So believe me MeggyMo, you are sooooo ok with your denial.

But do you have to fill out waivers now for misrepresentation??? or are you good to go with your application??? let me know...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hahahah oh wow!

Yea I bet we look identical in our pictures hahaha

I can't believe they didn't let you go to the washroom!! Wow that is that wonderful U.S. customs hospitality for ya eh

Oh yea that is exactly what I am hoping for too except I vowed I would never go through U.S. customs in Calgary again.

I live in Edmonton so I will make sure I go through customs there and I don't have a connecting flight to Calgary.

I do not want to run into the same people that is for damn sure!

That sucks...Calgary has never given me a hard time and I've been crossing since I was 18, I had no proof of ties or anything, I even said I was visiting my boyfriend then fiance. Weird..:/

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

But do you have to fill out waivers now for misrepresentation??? or are you good to go with your application??? let me know...

On one of the forms you have to send to send to your consulate you have to check off whether or not you have been denied entry to the states or not

No, I did not need a waiver :)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Worst photo of me ever! As she was taking the picture she said ok big smile.

I was so not in the mood for her sarcasm.

Hey is it ok if I laugh here? LOL

The customs officers there were quite rude as well.

The one officer said and I quote "Ohh boo ###### whoo"

the other officer called me up and stared at me up and down and asked when I was due.

I may be chubby but I don't have a big pregnant belly!

That is really rude and uncalled for. You should report his @ss!

Naturalization N-400

That is really rude and uncalled for. You should report his @ss!

Hahahha yea totally alright to laugh there even I laugh at it now and EVERYTIME I look at that picture of me.

Actually I am planning on doing that once all of this is over with

I wish I could do that Meggy..I dont have the officers name anymore though. I laugh at my mug shot too. I look like Marylin Manson after a hard night partying!! :rofl:

Wasnt funny then, but its hilarious now!

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

my write up sounded AWEFUL... Lemme see if I can find it...

AAhh.. here it is!! Mugshot and all..

"Subject was coming to the states under a B1-B2 visa to visit a "friend". Subject had been in the states for 5 months in 2005 and was going to the states for another 3. Secondary bag inspection revealed that subject is married to a USC (hubbys name), and is pregnant with his child. Subject gave false information about visiting a friends, subject claims that she has never worked in the states. CLAIMS and CIS are negative. Subject has no criminal history. Subjects visa has been cancelled and she has been told that she now has to be petitioned for by her husband".

It was SCARY!!!!! They totally found my marriage certificate in my suitcase and GRILLED my @SS!! So believe me MeggyMo, you are sooooo ok with your denial.

This is interesting and makes me think I shouldn't go visit my husband until after we file the I-130 for fear of being turned away...although, I have applied for a Nexus pass and have to go for an interview (to which I plan to bring my marriage certificate and the copy of the failed application for my partner to immigrate to Canada) and then I'll have a pretty good idea whether or not crossing the border will be a future issue, depending on whether or not my Nexus pass is approved.

This is interesting and makes me think I shouldn't go visit my husband until after we file the I-130 for fear of being turned away...although, I have applied for a Nexus pass and have to go for an interview (to which I plan to bring my marriage certificate and the copy of the failed application for my partner to immigrate to Canada) and then I'll have a pretty good idea whether or not crossing the border will be a future issue, depending on whether or not my Nexus pass is approved.

Really, if you are honest with them, and have a lot of ties to canada, you shoul dbe ok. I didnt tell the truth, and got my butt nailed to the wall for it.

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

I wish I could do that Meggy..I dont have the officers name anymore though. I laugh at my mug shot too. I look like Marylin Manson after a hard night partying!! :rofl:

Wasnt funny then, but its hilarious now!

Really? You don't have their name on the sheet they gave you with your picture?

The customs agent I had signed mine so I know her name and everything and fully intend on complaining.

Double check your sheet and see if it is on there cause if it is then you should do the same!

Oh my god me too! I wish I could put that picture up on visa journey just for a second to show everyone hahaha

And yes what coralie says is right. If you can prove strong ties and don't bend the truth then you should be completely fine :thumbs:

Ohhh, I will look at the sheet again. Then Im TOTALLY "telling" on them!! Teach them to make me barf in a barf bag!! :ranting:

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

Really? You don't have their name on the sheet they gave you with your picture?

The customs agent I had signed mine so I know her name and everything and fully intend on complaining.

Double check your sheet and see if it is on there cause if it is then you should do the same!

Oh my god me too! I wish I could put that picture up on visa journey just for a second to show everyone hahaha

And yes what coralie says is right. If you can prove strong ties and don't bend the truth then you should be completely fine :thumbs:

In today's news about getting into Canada:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/799504--border-officials-make-a-bad-first-impression

- so yes, you should complain regardless which side of the border is rude!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.