SCARED2DEATH

Fiancee had abortion years ago

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Questioning our faith is offensive to us believers. You don't have proof either that there is no God. There are thousands of miracle stories and after-death experiences that even scientists cannot explain.

You are an aethist and we are believers so let's just leave it at that and respect each other's view. Thank you.

His post, for me, is outrageous. I am glad you defended our faith. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There are lots of irritating responses on this website. Just because the topic has veered off into religion doesn't make it any more offensive.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-10

I-797 Received: 2009-09-22

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-10

Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-06

Interview Date : 2010-02-03

Interview Result : Disastrous.

Only realised on the day that a full birth certificate was needed. My passport was too damaged, in the opinion of the interviewing officer (although it wasn't really that damaged at all!). Was told I needed to supply an I-134, completed by my fiancee (even though the embassy guidance notes specifically advises that K-1 applicants do not have to do this). Was told that I needed to supply my fiancee's tax return paperwork for year ending 2008 (even though K-1 applicants are not advised of this at all prior to interview!)

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received : 2010-02-24

US Entry : 2010-02-25

Marriage : 2010-03-22

Comments : Married at Harris County Courthouse on Clay Road by Judge William Yeoman. Then a lovely lunch at Bistro Alex, off Sam Houston Tollway, Houston, TX! Yummy!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 115 days from your NOA1 date.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

There are lots of irritating responses on this website. Just because the topic has veered off into religion doesn't make it any more offensive.

None of your posts in the thread advance the discussion. In fact they appear to be intentionally designed to agitate the Filipino members of the forum.

Religion was mentioned as it is the basis for the Philippine Law.

Personally I don't believe in God per say but I do have a set of beliefs (which I won't expand on here) and I find your posts inappropriate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One warning has already been issued to keep this thread on track and stop posting responses that you know will instigate a strong response. That is considered baiting and any more of it in this particular thread will be dealt with administratively. This is a Regional forum that does share a specific religious perspective. If you do not share that perspective then do not participate in this forum, especially not in this thread. If you have nothing constructive to add to the OPs question and comments then do not participate at all.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Ok bottom line, you will not be asked if you ever had a abortion so don't volunteer any information. Thats it and it is what it is.

WRONG! :no:

they will ask you if u ever got pregnant or had an abortion.. blah blah blah.. a lot of medical related questions.. even drug stuff..

i looked at your timeline, u haven't had yer medical yet.. i don't mean to be rude or anything but please DON'T give out wrong information.. :)

PS: they will even ask you to take all of your clothes off, lay down and open your legs wide.... then they will look deep down there! :secret:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First of all she doesnt have to declare that she had an abortion. thats intensly private and frankly none of their business. She can simply say she was in hospital/had an operation for gynae reasons. They wont ask any more. There was nothing illegal and you both shouldnt worry. Its not up to the consular officer to make a moral judgement call anyway. They are concerned with 3 main things; a) that your relationship is genuine b) that there is nothing criminal in your past and c) that there are no infections , sexual or otherwise that may prevent you from being admitted.

They dont check medical records. the medical is just to determine whether the applicant has disease or alcohol/drug issues. there is no reason to ever have to declare an abortion. They wont ask about it. It would be wrong of them to do so.

Hi. I'm reading this thread with hope of finding some information about my current situation. I read your response and would like to seek the best advice if you can. I was requested to undergo a Psych Eval due to the scars on my wrist. I denied the true reason with the first doctor (Physical Examiner) because truthfully, I panic and was not expecting that it will be questioned or even seen (very small scars). And so, I went to my scheduled Psych Evaluation and told the doctor the same story but he refused to accept it because the scars dont match my story. I knew it was wrong to lie and chose to just come clean with it. Besides, it was way back in High School and dumb cry for attention from my mom but I was not hospitalized for it those we're very shallow cuts. However, given the circumstance, I wouldn't change it because it made me a better person. The doctor then calmed after me telling the truth and he said "Don't you just feel better when you tell the truth?" And I know, I acknowledged my mistake and told him that I did not mean to insult or disrespect anyone and I was just afraid. I was not ordered any other tests but I'm still afraid this will affect my interview (which is coming very soon). I dont intend to lie at my interview and will just tell the truth about what happened and acknowledge that what I did was wrong. I also believe that nothing is worst that lying so do you think I have a chance to redeem myself and get an approval? If not, what could my fiance and do? Would it help if he comes here, resched and go to my interview with me?

I can't imagine it would be an issue. It happened, it's the past, it's over, right? Just be honest about it, explain why it happened as you did with the Dr., and let whomever know you are not proud of it. We have ALL done things in our lives we are not proud of, but as long as we overcome it and be strong, we are better people for it, right? Be confident, be strong, and good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.