Flames9_RN

2010 NHL playoffs

115 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Mel brought back my Blackhawks jersey from her parents house in London last week, so I can be a proper bandwagon fan. :lol: I used to be a fan of them, but I hated their owner. He sold the team 2 years ago and what a coincidence that they are now doing well. :rofl:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Luckily my in laws get that versus channel..it's owned by comcast and used to be known as the Outdoor life network in canada.

the first two games i was screaming bloody murder..i wanted to shoot the refs:ranting:..i swear someone bought them off.....growl...but hey at least we won the first 2. LOL my husband does not watch hockey, and i think i scared him and his sister the other night !!!

i jump up and down scream, yell clap my hands..the dogs didn't know what to make of it. OH and of course there was the swearing in french i was doing. :blush: its the only way i can swear in the house..cuz they dont understand it :rofl:

HWDWm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a wrap!!! So wanted Philly to win last night, thus a game 7 Friday in Chicago. I didnt really care who won the cup, just wanted more hockey. But it is a bit more exciting when the home team wins in front of their crowd!

They stated that normally the Cup presentation ceremony is held at centre ice, BUT Philly fans are known to be a bit crazy, thus they had it closer to the end of the rink,thus protected by the netting,lol All for not as the philly fans belive it or not, showed some class,lol

Outcome m,ay have been a bit better if Philly had solid goaltending! Yes Leighton made some big stops, but let in a many questionable goals! Until next year...............

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

That was Phillys problem all year... their goaltending. They were so happy last year when they secured Emery too... and they never really did get to use him.

I was happy the blackhawks won, but you can't help but be happy for the Flyers too. They literally came out of the dark this season, there was a few times even their fans thought it was over. They have a lot to be proud of.

I had to go into the other room to watch the cup being brought out because my husband (who is a huge flyers fan) turned off the tv as soon as Kane scored. :lol:

Philadelphia did show a lot of class last night. No reports of violence or anything either. All was well.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I dunno... the only team I saw 'riot' was Montreal.... and all it wasn't even a stanley cup game. tongue.gif Flyers fans aren't as bad as lets say Eagles fans or Phillies fans. I think Eagles fans take the cake for being the absolute worse, followed by Phillies and then Flyers.

What I expected was a lot of booing to happen last night after they lost, I didn't see that I was surprised.

Even coming into work today everyone had the positive attitude: "There's always next year"

Sure they're sad but they're taking it fairly well from what I see.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I dunno... the only team I saw 'riot' was Montreal.... and all it wasn't even a stanley cup game. tongue.gif

Flyers fans aren't as bad as lets say Eagles fans or Phillies fans. I think Eagles fans take the cake for being the absolute worse, followed by Phillies and then Flyers.

I know they used to have a jail in the old stadium that the Eagles played in.... I think that speaks volumes.

I laughed my ####### off when the Montreal fans rioted after winning a first round series. Come on, your franchise has the most stanley cup wins of all time, act like you've won one before. I'd expect something like that in San Jose or Colorado, but not Montreal.

I am happy for Chicago, they had the longest drought since winning a stanley cup. Now that honor belongs to the L.A. Kings. I think they'll hold that distinction for quite a while.

Timeline

Word... them and the freaking yanks.

They have a 100+ year drought... what the hell do you expect when you name your team after a baby bear? :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

They have a 100+ year drought... what the hell do you expect when you name your team after a baby bear? :P

I feel bad for the Cubs. I really don't know what they would do though if they won. I think half of their fans heads would explode.

I sometimes root for the yankees, but only when it means that a yankee win will somehow be a detriment to the red sox :lol:

Timeline

Yea I do love the cubs though, thats a team with heart and the fans have spirit.

I have a small glass replica of Wrigley Field sitting on my Mantel... cuz I'm a loser. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Yea I do love the cubs though, thats a team with heart and the fans have spirit.

I have a small glass replica of Wrigley Field sitting on my Mantel... cuz I'm a loser. :D

Yeah, it's going to be a rough couple of years for me as a Dodger Fan. The owners didnt' really have the money to run the team to begin with, and now they are going through a nasty nasty divorce. They have cut payroll, and will not be able to resign our young stars in a couple of years when they become free agents. Just this latest draft, the Dodgers wasted their two first round draft picks on prospects that they have zero chance of signing because they have insane contract demands and have the option to just say "** it" and go to university for a couple of years then re-enter the draft.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay boring #### hockey is done and gone with. 2 more months till College Football season starts YAY...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My "killers B's" won the Stanley Cup in 1972 only 38 yrs. without winning it. Go Bruins Go

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.