Scott and Mhay

question about bringing money out of PI

21 posts in this topic

Thanks,, that is what i was thinking. I will have her get some extra just in case her bags are over...of course there is an ATM there in the airport, but she would have to get out of line to get it. Mhay has been weighing her clothes, so I dont think she will be over the limit :whistle: But it would be better to pay for an extra bag than trying to ship something philpost to Alaska.

Just tell Mhay that she won't need to bring all of her 50 sleeveless tops to Alaska. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My sweetie will do ok as long as she doesn't go shopping during her layover in Tokyo :rofl:

Yeah the main objective here is to go from point A to point B, well at least thats what I told Rose, I told her that there is no need for any duty free shopping which I think is over priced anyways, just buy some food and drinks if she gets hungry during the layover but aside from that I dont see how she can over spend.

Just tell Mhay that she won't need to bring all of her 50 sleeveless tops to Alaska. :P

It's not the sleeveless tops I'm worried about...its all the shoes... :rofl:

Of course she will bring some of her perfume and lotions...I told her that I can get her lotion here in the US (that's how she got most of it in the first place...me sending it to her).

She is just really organized and already has a plan for her bags. Of course she really doesnt have that much longer there, so she will be busy taking care of stuff and getting her hair done and all. At least it will take up the time for her waiting.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

It's not the sleeveless tops I'm worried about...its all the shoes... :rofl:

:lol:

I encouraged my wife to bring everything she wanted to bring. She brought two big suitcases and a carry-on.

I seem to remember an overweight bag fee too.

The baggage fee didn't really matter to me because I respected the fact that she was leaving behind her life in the Philippines in order for us to be together habangbuhay. :star:

Yeah that is what I am telling Mhay...if she needs to have a bag heavier or even an extra bag...it is ok...just make sure she will have enough money with her to cover that so she wont have to get out of line and run to the ATM...although, I dont see the airport being really busy when she is leaving as it's not a morning flight like the last time I left. Her flight will be leaving at 1055PM so she will be there by 730 or 8pm I am guessing at the latest...probably earlier though.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

What I can suggest is, she should bring more dollar bills than peso ones since she will just need to pay Php750 for the terminal fee and (x) travel tax (if not yet included in the ticket). If she can exchange peso bills into dollar of at least $150 for her trip while she is still in the Philippines, that would be enough. If she bring too many peso bills and expect to exchange it in the money changer in the airport, chances are she will end up sending it back to the Philippines like I did though I only brought Php 2,000. If she arrives at night in the airport say LAX with just peso bills, and would want to convert it to $$..not gonna happen. Changers are closed after 8PM in most humongous airports.

Snap! $150 for the trip should be enough id she doesn't have long layovers and stops. As she will be fed in the plane.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.