Scott and Mhay

Mhay is at the Embassy

85 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope..i just had my buddy try to get me to go to the reserves in anchorage working the F-22....only thing is..i only have about 5 years until I can retire from active duty.

I love Alaska, the Salmon run is good, gotta love the yearly dividends, I was stationed on Adak right before it closed. I gather that you are in the Air Force, is Shemya still an active base ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah she already has one of her bags packed. She will go get the CFO sticker on tuesday there in the PI.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

here's the link for the K-3 interview...this is packet 3 that they dont send anymore.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk3en.pdf

good luck on your medical and interview. Is there any reason you are holding off getting your medical done? It is best to get it done as soon as possible.

i will be having my medical first week of MAY. still no email from the USEM about the appointment. tomorrow is exactly 15 days like what they told to wait for the appointment to be scheduled. im nervous i wish i will pass the medical and interview..i am now preparing the things that i needed to bring during interview.godbless us all.

USCIS JOURNEY[

11/10/2009 NOA2 was approved good things happen to those who can wait :)

NVC JOURNEY :)

12/13/2009 package received from the NVC

01/29/2010 AOS paid

01/29/2010 IV bill paid

02/15/2010 RFE DS2310

04/02/2010 SIGN IN FAILED!!! there's a light at every end of the tunnel

HOPING EVERYTHING WILL TURNED OUT WELL.. AUGUST INTERVIEW!

I love Alaska, the Salmon run is good, gotta love the yearly dividends, I was stationed on Adak right before it closed. I gather that you are in the Air Force, is Shemya still an active base ?

Shemya is just a divert location for the aircraft flying over the pacific. Yep im air force.....im at eielson near fairbanks.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Congrats from a fellow AF lifer. I am preparing to file my wife's paperwork. just waiting on her g-325, and copy of the marriage certificate. Glad everything works out for you and yours!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Well, you should be getting the marriage certificate soon. It only took us one month for ours, but my wife knew someone in municiple hall and they have someone go to manila every couple of days...so we just paid them the NLEX toll fees and some extra for lunch to drop the paperwork off at the NSO. Make sure your wife sends the stuff to you express. My wife did and it still took awhile, but i was deployed at the time too...so go figure the military slowed it down...of course it didnt help the mail had to go around the world the long way too. :whistle:

Good luck with your journey!

For our Full timeline

event.png

Thanks. She has the certified xeroxes of the original stamped by the NSO, which I am told will work for the I-130. And they told her 3 weeks. She sends everything to me thru DHL, so that's covered too. Expensive but better than snail mail.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Yeah the photocopies of the one with the signatures and seal on it are ok from what I read too. We just waited for the one from the NSO though. You should be filing pretty quickly then. Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys. I know Mhay commented that it took us 5 months for her to get her visa and that was with it being expedited. But like I told her...we had an RFE at the USCIS that cost us a month and I didnt send the AOS and DS-230 Packages until after I got back from the philippines because I forgot my tax transcripts at my house when I went to the philippines to see her. I'm figuring that we COULD have been done with everything in 3-4 months had we had everything ready and on top of everything. BUT being deployed definately slowed down my response time to the RFE...at least I had the requested information that they needed. I am still happy with the time it took to do the visa, only a couple days over 6 months from sending it in until she is with me....granted that is still too long IMO, but at least she will have her greencard and SSN shortly after getting here.

Mhay wanted to come to alaska when it wasnt so cold anyway :lol: Weather is getting pretty nice now and we have over 15 hours of daylight. It will be a little hard for her to adjust seeing it daylight at midnight in about a month after she gets here.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Yeah the photocopies of the one with the signatures and seal on it are ok from what I read too. We just waited for the one from the NSO though. You should be filing pretty quickly then. Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys. I know Mhay commented that it took us 5 months for her to get her visa and that was with it being expedited. But like I told her...we had an RFE at the USCIS that cost us a month and I didnt send the AOS and DS-230 Packages until after I got back from the philippines because I forgot my tax transcripts at my house when I went to the philippines to see her. I'm figuring that we COULD have been done with everything in 3-4 months had we had everything ready and on top of everything. BUT being deployed definately slowed down my response time to the RFE...at least I had the requested information that they needed. I am still happy with the time it took to do the visa, only a couple days over 6 months from sending it in until she is with me....granted that is still too long IMO, but at least she will have her greencard and SSN shortly after getting here.

Mhay wanted to come to alaska when it wasnt so cold anyway laughing.gif Weather is getting pretty nice now and we have over 15 hours of daylight. It will be a little hard for her to adjust seeing it daylight at midnight in about a month after she gets here.

Congratulations! yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif .She will like going to Walmart in Anchorage, cause she can just speak in tagalog talking to sale persons laughing.giflaughing.giflaughing.gif . It's always nice to come to Alaska during this time so her body can adjust to the cold slowly! Having her for next month is just PERFECT!kicking.gif

Edited by oliver-chris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.