andy_k1

To answer Question 11 “Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé(e) or husband/wife before?”

34 posts in this topic

The answer would be yes. That question doesni only apply to fiancee visas, but for any immigration benefit that you have applied for a foreign national.

Dont remember where I read that...maybe on the State Dept site.

If you can find the link, we won't be discussing this until Sunday. :P

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Andy,

Have you petitioned for anyone previously? I-129f or I-130? If so, answer yes.

How did your former wife get LPR status? What forms were submitted? Was an I-130 one of them?

Yodrak

To answer Question 11 "Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé(e) or husband/wife before?"

My answer is "No", because I did not file for anyone under I129F.

But my story is: My wife (we divorce in the early this year) went to USA under F2 to join me (I was a student under F1 visa). Later on I filed for her for Green Card and Naturalization.

For the answer for Q 11, I should say "Yes"? I said "No", I will get another RFE?

Anyone has idea? Please help.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

hahaha....

I stopped being the official looker-er-upper a long time ago. People should do their own research and answer their own questions...many here that can simply be answered by reading the instructions for the form.

Yanno...the old adage about giving a man a fish every day to eat or teaching him how to fish...Im the teacher.

Im sure he can find it....Ill bang my head against the wall and maybe recall where I saw it......start with the State Dept and GOOGLE.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

hahaha....

I stopped being the official looker-er-upper a long time ago. People should do their own research and answer their own questions...many here that can simply be answered by reading the instructions for the form.

Yanno...the old adage about giving a man a fish every day to eat or teaching him how to fish...Im the teacher.

Im sure he can find it....Ill bang my head against the wall and maybe recall where I saw it......start with the State Dept and GOOGLE.

Ok, Sunday it is.... Yodrak, bail us out!

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

hahaha....

hahahaha....not until we have a flame war also.

Maybe a week from Sunday.

oooops...I forgot to add.

The purpose of the question is that the USCIS wants to know if you are already on the hook for a previous Aff. of Support that you may have filed.......Im slowly remembering.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for your opinions.

I did not file I-129F or I-130 before. If the question is specified for I-129F, the answer is “No”, but if for general purpose, the answer should be “Yes”. I put “No” in my original I-129F file. One week ago, I sent USCIS a letter to explain them that I filed for my ex-wife for her Green Card and Naturalization. Maybe I did wrong, I should not have sent the letter.

Mar 21, 2006 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Mar 28, 2006 - I-129F NOA1 received

Jul 21, 2006 - Email from USCIS, the RFE received

Aug 31, 2006 - NOA2 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The answer would be yes. That question doesni only apply to fiancee visas, but for any immigration benefit that you have applied for a foreign national.

Dont remember where I read that...maybe on the State Dept site.

Have to chime in on desert fox's side here, I also read the same thing on State Dept site, cant find it now though. Also It does not ask you if you have filed a I-129F before, it asks if you have ever filed on behalf, etc.

USCIS will probably still have record of your previous petition, I would answer yes and include explanation on supplelmental page and sign that.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

hahaha....

hahahaha....not until we have a flame war also.

Maybe a week from Sunday.

oooops...I forgot to add.

The purpose of the question is that the USCIS wants to know if you are already on the hook for a previous Aff. of Support that you may have filed.......Im slowly remembering.

Well 20+ posts and it hasn't been hijacked yet... a new VJ record :P

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Thank you for your opinions.

I did not file I-129F or I-130 before. If the question is specified for I-129F, the answer is “No”, but if for general purpose, the answer should be “Yes”. I put “No” in my original I-129F file. One week ago, I sent USCIS a letter to explain them that I filed for my ex-wife for her Green Card and Naturalization. Maybe I did wrong, I should not have sent the letter.

I would have waited to see whether an RFE was sent in that regard... not likely that the letter even caught up with your file though, so wait and see what happens. That's about all you can do at this point.

Answer Yodrak's question. He's getting impatient. :hehe:

Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Timeline

I did not file for bringing her to USA. She came to USA under F2 visa. Later we filed for adjusting status, such as H1/H4, green card and naturalization

Filed: Timeline

andy_k1,

The question was, and still is, what forms did you file for her to get her LPR status. And what forms did she file. Specific form numbers. What forms did you put your signature on. And what forms did she put her signature on.

If an I-129f or I-130 visa petition was not among them, and it almost sounds as if one was not, then you can answer 'no' to Q11 on your I-129f. But if your letter to the USCIS was as vague and ambiguous as your posts in this thread then you should hope that the USCIS is as inept as the anecdotal evidence indicates it is in matching up post-submittal information with the case file.

Yodrak

I did not file for bringing her to USA. She came to USA under F2 visa. Later we filed for adjusting status, such as H1/H4, green card and naturalization

Timeline

Yodrak:

The file number I filed for her is I-485. Thank you very much.

For now I just wait. If I have any problems or get RFE, I will ask you guys for help.

Then you didn't sponsor a foreigner to enter the US... you should be fine.

For the future, it's really futile to send 'follow up letters' without official requests for same... I haven't heard of any examples where the follow up letters actually reached the main case file when submitted independent of an RFE... but then, I'm not active on every forum here.... :P

Best wishes - Jen

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

11-5-06 Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.