andy_k1

To answer Question 11 “Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé(e) or husband/wife before?”

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

To answer Question 11 “Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiancé(e) or husband/wife before?”

My answer is “No”, because I did not file for anyone under I129F.

But my story is: My wife (we divorce in the early this year) went to USA under F2 to join me (I was a student under F1 visa). Later on I filed for her for Green Card and Naturalization.

For the answer for Q 11, I should say “Yes”? I said "No", I will get another RFE?

Anyone has idea? Please help.

Edited by andy_k1

Mar 21, 2006 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Mar 28, 2006 - I-129F NOA1 received

Jul 21, 2006 - Email from USCIS, the RFE received

Aug 31, 2006 - NOA2 Approved

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My answer is “No”, because I did not file for anyone under I129F.

But my story is: My wife (we divorce in the early this year) went to USA under F2 to join me (I was a student under F1 visa). Later on I filed for her for Green Card and Naturalization.

For the answer for Q 11, I should say “Yes”?

Anyone has idea? Please help.

I'd say "no". Your ex-wife adjusted status, right? You haven't petitioned to bring her to the U.S. under a K visa.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Mew:

You are right, I did not file for my ex-wife using K1.

I put "No" there, but today I have another idea that I should put "Yes" there, because I filed for her for immingration. I am confused.

I did not lie to USCIS, my case will be refused? :crying::crying::crying:

Timeline
Mew:

You are right, I did not file for my ex-wife using K1.

I put "No" there, but today I have another idea that I should put "Yes" there, because I filed for her for immingration. I am confused.

I did not lie to USCIS, my case will be refused? :crying::crying::crying:

Here, from the instructions about I-129f:

This form is used to petition to bring your fiancé(e) and that person's children to the United States for marriage to you or to bring your spouse and that person's children (K-3 and K-4 visas, respectively) to the United States to complete processing for permanent resident status (under the LIFE Act and Amendments of 2000); please see section 12 of the Instructions to the form.

I don't think you did that before.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Any person can help me and give me your understandings regarding question 11 in I129F.

I agree with Mew. If you have never filed for a fiance visa, the answer to question 11 is 'no'.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Just my interpretation, but Q. 11 isn't asking the question regarding a specific type of visa.

The question "Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiance(e) or husband/wife before?"

Since you apparently filed for your wife to join you under an F-2 visa previously, you have filed for someone, so I would have answered "yes".

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Timeline
Just my interpretation, but Q. 11 isn't asking the question regarding a specific type of visa.

The question "Have you ever filed for this or any other alien fiance(e) or husband/wife before?"

Since you apparently filed for your wife to join you under an F-2 visa previously, you have filed for someone, so I would have answered "yes".

He filed for adjustment status and stuff like that. Not to bring a fiance or a spouse to the U.S... Maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyone else has an opinion?

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I agree with MEW - It seems pretty clear that you should answer "NO" since you have not filed a K1/K3 previously. Your previous wife immigrated here on a Student Visa and then you adjusted status once you were married in US. No problem.

I agree with no on the form.

The individual was here on a temporary student visa. It appears that you adjusted status only, after marriage.

Is that correct?

Edited by William33

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree with Mew. I understand they are asking if you have filled any K-1 petition before - and this question is regarding a K-1 Visa. This is my opinion.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

I maintain agreement with Mew. I see your point, dmartmar, but the form is asking in the context of the I-129F... bringing someone from overseas into the US. The OP has not done that.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

The answer would be yes. That question doesni only apply to fiancee visas, but for any immigration benefit that you have applied for a foreign national.

Dont remember where I read that...maybe on the State Dept site.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.