hebreu

waiting for oath letter

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Togo
Timeline

on march 22, 2010 i went to my interview at 10h05 am and interview took like 8mn with all the test.after we done the lady handle me n-652 a decision cannot be made at this time and told me we will mail you oath letter next month (april).i send my application on december 31, 2009 all together thoo 2 months 22 days for me.she also tell me she is waiting for background check.now i wnt to know how long take to get the oath letter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

congrats on passing the interview

just wait for it to get it in the mail. my brother had his interview done on april 5th and he's been told that they'll do his background check and he should wait for like a month or so. i was fortunate enough to get it the oath letter same day.

don't worry if ur background is good (no criminal record etc), then u'll get it within a month.

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

2010-04-19: approved online wohoooo

2010-04-24: NOA2 hardcopy received

2010-04-26: gave 2 email addresses and assigned case #

2010-04-27: received/sent ds3032, AOS bill

2010-05-01: IV bill became available online/paid

2010-05-06: sent in DS230 package via express mail 9:07am

2010-05-11: NVC acknowledges the receipt of AOS on 05/05

2010-05-13: operator told me that AOS sent to supervisor for review....

2010-05-14: AVR changes to received the checklist letter response on 5/13

2010-05-23: RFE for original birth cert. (i did sent original).......arghhh

2010-05-24: BC under review by some department

2010-06-02: sent in original BC again and previous BC is still under review

2010-06-10: NVC recognizes BC into their system

2010-06-15: BC under review

2010-06-21: SIF!!!!!omggggg soo happy 57 days in NVC process

2010-06-28: interview on Aug. 19, 8am.

2010-08-19: interview went fine but he's put into AP :(

2011-01-09: almost 5 months in AP "still pending"

2011-02-06: 5 and half months and still counting......when is this torture going to end....

2011-02-20: 6 months still no answer..........

2011-03-08: more than 200 days passed in AP..................(

2011-03-24: visa has been issued today. hurayyyyyyyyyy finally wait is overrrr.

2011-03-26: got the passport wohoooo

event.png

on march 22, 2010 i went to my interview at 10h05 am and interview took like 8mn with all the test.after we done the lady handle me n-652 a decision cannot be made at this time and told me we will mail you oath letter next month (april).i send my application on december 31, 2009 all together thoo 2 months 22 days for me.she also tell me she is waiting for background check.now i wnt to know how long take to get the oath letter

Hi and welcome to VJ!

If you like, in a few weeks, you can call the FBI and ask them about your biometrics if they have cleared or not... they actually share that information with the applicant. This may give you some insight on when to expect the oath if the biometrics have or have not cleared

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hi and welcome to VJ!

If you like, in a few weeks, you can call the FBI and ask them about your biometrics if they have cleared or not... they actually share that information with the applicant. This may give you some insight on when to expect the oath if the biometrics have or have not cleared

I think the OP is talking of background check here and NOT biometrics. Biometrics are done b/4 interviews, right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate thread removed

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

You should be getting it within the next week if you have not yet. i was in the same situation and I just got mine!

It took 4 months in my case i did my oath yesterday... Just wait it will arrive soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Posting on behalf of a new member who still needs to validate his membership:

relivenibir wrote:,

Today, 12:44 PM

I had my citizenship test & interview on March 1st, 2010 in Milwaukee. After the completion of the interview the officer handed me N-652 form. The form confirmed the passing of the test and interview. The officer told me that i should have my Oath within a month and i should get a letter stating the date & time of the Oath ceremony. However, it's been over a month and i hadn't received any acknowledgment. The Case Status in the USCIS website is not updated for 3 month. It stills says that my case has been forwarded to the local office. Also called the USCIS National center and they do not have any information as well.

Can anyone provide me a suggestion as to how can i get to know the latest status. I am not sure if writing to the Officer who interviewed me will have any reverse affect.

Another clarification - After the completion of Interview & before the Oath, is there any other checking done by USCIS. I thought the entire background check in done btw finger-printing and Interview.

Your input will be appreciated.

Thanks

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.