papatel

Cant we just use DS-3025 as Vaccination Supplement

43 posts in this topic

From Merriam Webster

Main Entry: 1sup·ple·ment

Pronunciation: 's&-pl&-m&nt

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin supplementum, from supplEre to fill up, complete -- more at SUPPLY

1 a : something that completes or makes an addition b : DIETARY SUPPLEMENT

2 : a part added to or issued as a continuation of a book or periodical to correct errors or make additions

ROFLMAO.

I want to be in the room when an AOS petitioner whips out a dictionary and begins to argue with their AOS adjudicator.

This is an ongoing argument.

Yes it is. With you. You do this community no service by constantly dispensing this advice.

No, I do not do a disservice to anyone here. You may take my advice or reject it, as you please.

To suggest that people go out and have titre tests, or worse yet to suggest that they go out and have the full battery of vaccinations done again, which I've seen suggested from time to time here in this forum, is a disservice to everyone here clearly because, you rebaccajo, don't know one way or the other whthere they (those asking the question) comply with USCIS requirements or not.

There are many that have not submitted any I-693A with their AOS and have been subsequently approved. It's absurd to believe that it due to luck. It's simply due to compliance, period.

You either need to "supplement" your vaccination record or you do not.

Simple.......jeesh!!@!!

:no:

From Merriam Webster

Main Entry: 1sup·ple·ment

Pronunciation: 's&-pl&-m&nt

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin supplementum, from supplEre to fill up, complete -- more at SUPPLY

1 a : something that completes or makes an addition b : DIETARY SUPPLEMENT

2 : a part added to or issued as a continuation of a book or periodical to correct errors or make additions

ROFLMAO.

I want to be in the room when an AOS petitioner whips out a dictionary and begins to argue with their AOS adjudicator.

This is an ongoing argument.

Yes it is. With you. You do this community no service by constantly dispensing this advice.

Clearly chronological age is not indicative of maturity. Please ante up a coherent argument the next time other than this nonsensical tirade..... :lol:

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Are Medical Examinations (Form I-693) and Affidavits of Support (Form I-864) required at the time of filing the I-485 package?

Yes, the Affidavit of Support (if required) and complete Medical Examination should be filed with the I-485 package. The NBC will send a Request for Evidence if either of these Forms is not included with the initial I-485 filing, which will delay the processing of your case. The I-864 and I-693 Forms should include any supporting evidence requested by the instructions.

All applicants required to submit Form I-693 Medical Examination are also required to submit a Supplemental Form to I-693 (immunization record). Applicants who last entered the United States as a K nonimmigrant (I-94 Arrival/Departure Record and/or non-immigrant visa page in passport shows K-1, K-2, K-3, or K-4 as admission code) are only required to submit the Supplemental Form to I-693 (immunization record) with Form I-485. K nonimmigrants are not required to submit Form I-693 (medical examination).

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices...faq.htm#medical

Are Medical Examinations (Form I-693) and Affidavits of Support (Form I-864) required at the time of filing the I-485 package?

Yes, the Affidavit of Support (if required) and complete Medical Examination should be filed with the I-485 package. The NBC will send a Request for Evidence if either of these Forms is not included with the initial I-485 filing, which will delay the processing of your case. The I-864 and I-693 Forms should include any supporting evidence requested by the instructions.

All applicants required to submit Form I-693 Medical Examination are also required to submit a Supplemental Form to I-693 (immunization record). Applicants who last entered the United States as a K nonimmigrant (I-94 Arrival/Departure Record and/or non-immigrant visa page in passport shows K-1, K-2, K-3, or K-4 as admission code) are only required to submit the Supplemental Form to I-693 (immunization record) with Form I-485. K nonimmigrants are not required to submit Form I-693 (medical examination).

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices...faq.htm#medical

Power surge. Sorry excuse the double post.

Kaydee nobody has to take either your or my word on this issue. All they need do is read the USCIS directive and formulate their own opinion.

I have never advocated a full battery of vaccines for petitioners. I have advocated the titre test if the petitioner is unsure they carry the antibodies.

I think its marvelous you never got an RFE for not sending the I-693A with your AOS packet. I really do. I'm equally happy for others who came out the same way. But how do you explain those who don't send the I-693A and get RFE'd? If what happened to you is not luck, then what is their situation? It's not just bad luck is it?

Oh and please if you want to debate me, please debate. Don't skirt my questions. I don't do that to you.

Edited by rebeccajo

It has always been very clear to me that if you have completed all vaccinations at the time of the medical (U.S. sanctioned doctors office) than you shouldn't need any supplemental paperwork. What is the reason for getting supplemental sheet other than lining a civil surgeon's pocket? All you are showing the civil surgeon office is possibly a DS-3025 from a foreign country, and they transfer the same info to another piece of paper for 30-60 dollars. What does that prove? All these regulations people cut and paste were written years ago and try to address every given situation, from k-1 visa to boat people. Simple answer, do you need a supplemental form if you have all the vaccinations done? Absolutely not! Will some people still get an RFE anyway because the government workers who looks through the paperwork are to dense to interpret their own regulations, probably so!

Marilyn and Peter.

K-1 Timeline in Profile (our story)

Church wedding Sept 18

NOA1's for AOS/EAD received Sept 20 MSC #

Biometrics completed Nov 5 2004

EAD Approval Dec 29 2004

AOS appointment letter received Feb 3 2005

AOS interview scheduled for March 9 2005

AOS interview mostly fine, just need I-693 supplement filled out by civil surgeon

Spend another $40 for I-693 form, sent to local USCIS office registered mail, arrived March 11 2005

AOS finally approved March 25th 2005

Green card arrives about 10 days later

!!Green card has incorrect middle name!! Thanks USCIS

Travel back to Denver, turn in card and I-90 to correct their mistake.

Application accepted, asked for I-551 stamp, they told me "We don't do stamps anymore"

NOA1 for I-90 received from NSC April 18 2005, fee waived

NSC appears to have stoped processing I-90's

Marilyn needs to travel back to the RP, call Senators office for help with green card or I-551 stamp

Travel back to Denver July 1, 2005 and received I-551 stamp in the passport.

I think its marvelous you never got an RFE for not sending the I-693A with your AOS packet. I really do. I'm equally happy for others who came out the same way. But how do you explain those who don't send the I-693A and get RFE'd? If what happened to you is not luck, then what is their situation? It's not just bad luck is it?

Oh and please if you want to debate me, please debate. Don't skirt my questions. I don't do that to you.

Perhaps you don't read my posts, rebeccajo. To answer your question, they, those that don't comply and require booster shots, or simply don't have all the required vaccinations get an RFE to complete their vaccinations and submit an I-693A ("Supplement") to prove so.

Is this hard to understand?

You once asked another user ( yodrak) not portray you as a "numbskull" (your words) via innuendo.

How else can one characterize a person that clearly doesn't read all the responses, or worse yet does read them but does not comprehend?

miss_me_yet.jpg

It has always been very clear to me that if you have completed all vaccinations at the time of the medical (U.S. sanctioned doctors office) than you shouldn't need any supplemental paperwork.

It's clear to me as well that one shouldn't need it either. I agree with you 100%. But its abundantly clear it doesn't always work out that way, although Kaydee and several others have had a good result.

Personally I'd rather spend a few bucks for the stupid form than spend one more moment on the immigration super-highway than necessary. Chalk it up to old age and caution. Or immaturity. Or whatever you like.

I've stayed out of these threads lately because I didn't want to once again become Kaydee's whipping post for his anti-needle campaign. Honestly all I'm trying to do is save a few people some grief. At this stage in my life, I no longer count winning an argument as a high point in my day. Especially when it's just an argument for argument sake rather than an opportunity for debate and enlightenment.

If that makes me look stupid - oh well - I've been called a whole lot worse in my lifetime.

Perhaps you don't read my posts, rebeccajo. To answer your question, they, those that don't comply and require booster shots, or simply don't have all the required vaccinations get an RFE to complete their vaccinations and submit an I-693A ("Supplement") to prove so.

You once asked another user ( yodrak) not portray you as a "numbskull" (your words) via innuendo.

How else can one characterize a person that clearly doesn't read all the responses, or worse yet does read them but does not comprehend?

God lord, you are imperialistic aren't you?

No I don't read all your posts. I have better things to do with my time.

At least I read all the posts in the thread. Did you miss the one above where the member indicated she had all her vaccines and still got RFE'd?

What is with you on this issue anyway? Is it utterly incomprehensible to you that perhaps the best answer is to err on the side of caution and comply with what may very well be an unneccessary step? There are LOADS of them in this process. How many photos does one send with an AOS/EAD/AP package? SIX - count em six - and USCIS doesn't even use them to produce the cards! Another nonsensical thing but we do it anyway just to get this matter behind us.

Since I've been on the board ALL of below has ended in an RFE at one time or another..

1. Submitting the Vaccination Supplement

2. Not submitting the Vaccination Supplement

3. Submitting the worksheet in place of the supplement

The USCIS can and does screw things up. Submit the supplement and give them one less thing to get you on.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It has always been very clear to me that if you have completed all vaccinations at the time of the medical (U.S. sanctioned doctors office) than you shouldn't need any supplemental paperwork.

It's clear to me as well that one shouldn't need it either. I agree with you 100%. But its abundantly clear it doesn't always work out that way, although Kaydee and several others have had a good result.

Personally I'd rather spend a few bucks for the stupid form than spend one more moment on the immigration super-highway than necessary. Chalk it up to old age and caution. Or immaturity. Or whatever you like.

I've stayed out of these threads lately because I didn't want to once again become Kaydee's whipping post for his anti-needle campaign. Honestly all I'm trying to do is save a few people some grief. At this stage in my life, I no longer count winning an argument as a high point in my day. Especially when it's just an argument for argument sake rather than an opportunity for debate and enlightenment.

If that makes me look stupid - oh well - I've been called a whole lot worse in my lifetime.

God lord, you are imperialistic aren't you?

No I don't read all your posts. I have better things to do with my time.

At least I read all the posts in the thread. Did you miss the one above where the member indicated she had all her vaccines and still got RFE'd?

Thanks rebeccajo I am slowly going nuts here. I can't believe that a person on here would continue to dissagree with something they have NO knowledge of. I wish that what they were saying was correct but unfortunatly our immigration interviewer didn't speak to kaydee457 maybe he should of and then I wouldn't of been RFE'd at my interview since I HAD complied and had all required shots before entering the US

Debby.

What is with you on this issue anyway? Is it utterly incomprehensible to you that perhaps the best answer is to err on the side of caution and comply with what may very well be an unneccessary step? There are LOADS of them in this process. How many photos does one send with an AOS/EAD/AP package? SIX - count em six - and USCIS doesn't even use them to produce the cards! Another nonsensical thing but we do it anyway just to get this matter behind us.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage : 2003-12-27

I-130 Sent : 2004-01-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-01-20

I-129F Sent : 2004-02-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2004-02-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2004-07-24

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2004-08-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2004-09-23

Packet 4 Received : 2004-10-01

Interview Date : 2004-10-27 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2004-10-27

US Entry : 2004-11-03

I-130 Approval :

Point of Entry Review

Event Date

Point of Entry : Atlanta

POE Date : 2004-11-03

Got EAD Stamp :

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : They were really nice at Hartsfield airport when I arrived. The lines were long and the process took a while but there were no hassles.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Atlanta GA

Date Filed : 2005-01-23

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2005-03-18

Interview Date : 2006-08-01 Submit Review

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Thanks rebeccajo I am slowly going nuts here. I can't believe that a person on here would continue to dissagree with something they have NO knowledge of. I wish that what they were saying was correct but unfortunatly our immigration interviewer didn't speak to kaydee457 maybe he should of and then I wouldn't of been RFE'd at my interview since I HAD complied and had all required shots before entering the US

Debby.

That's true Debby. I'm sure that when kaydee457 whipped out his Webster's and belittled the adjudicator with the definition of 'supplement', they would have printed your greencard on the spot! ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Debby.

That's true Debby. I'm sure that when kaydee457 whipped out his Webster's and belittled the adjudicator with the definition of 'supplement', they would have printed your greencard on the spot! ;)

Yeah what a shame I was only at my interview with my husband and the interview officer.. :blink:

Debby

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage : 2003-12-27

I-130 Sent : 2004-01-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-01-20

I-129F Sent : 2004-02-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2004-02-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2004-07-24

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2004-08-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2004-09-23

Packet 4 Received : 2004-10-01

Interview Date : 2004-10-27 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2004-10-27

US Entry : 2004-11-03

I-130 Approval :

Point of Entry Review

Event Date

Point of Entry : Atlanta

POE Date : 2004-11-03

Got EAD Stamp :

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : They were really nice at Hartsfield airport when I arrived. The lines were long and the process took a while but there were no hassles.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Atlanta GA

Date Filed : 2005-01-23

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2005-03-18

Interview Date : 2006-08-01 Submit Review

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I finally got a I-693A from the local Civil surgeon.

Actually, in my case, the Indian Medical Report (DS-3025) was not complete.

There was one vaccination (one for Chickenpox) that was unavailable in India, so on the

DS-3025 Supplement it said ("incomplete")

I got that vaccination done here at the local dr..office and now the I-693A form says vaccination complete checkbox marked.

Also the dr. gave me one report in sealed envelope and one copy for my records.

They too 150 dollars for this whole procedur.

thanks all for your help and thank God that found it out at the last minute.

Thanks to VJ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.