papatel

Cant we just use DS-3025 as Vaccination Supplement

43 posts in this topic

just because some ppl get away with it, doesn't mean you definitely will. what officers let slide is up to them... total crapshoot.

i wouldn't risk an RFE for something like that. a doctor can fill one out in minutes and if you are lucky you can get it done cheaply.

mine was $35... if i'd skipped it and got an RFE, the days or weeks lost for the delay would far surpass a few measly bucks.

but, its totally up to you if you feel like taking that chance. you might be one of the lucky ones. *shrugs*

good luck :star:

The I-693A is a supplemental to your vaccinations. It is only required for vaccinations that were not given in-country due to unavailability or in some cases it's required for booster shots.

I/we submitted none because my wife had all the required vaccinations at her medical in Ethiopia.

miss_me_yet.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It all depends on your situation - I thought about it - My wife is learning English and won't know enough to work for another year or so - so what if we take a chance and at the worst it would mean a delay of couple of months because of the RFE. It didn't matter to us and we didn't do the I693a, we just sent in the vaccination worksheet from the medical in her home country (Colombia.) We were not asked about the I693 at all.

In my opinion, if you can take a delay of a few months (if they RFE you) - then you can take a chance. It is definitely not a requirement no matter what several posters here believe.

Good Luck

Edited by motu

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

The I-693A is a supplemental to your vaccinations. It is only required for vaccinations that were not given in-country due to unavailability or in some cases it's required for booster shots.

I/we submitted none because my wife had all the required vaccinations at her medical in Ethiopia.

Well first of all, I-693A is a supplement to the medical examination form used by civil surgeons here in the US. I don't believe it is considered a supplement to DS-3025; there are some immigrants going through adjustment of status who did not have a medical examination in their native countries, so they have to have the medical done here in the US, hence the I-693 and I-693A.

According to the USCIS National Benefits Center -- which is where I-485's go for processing -- even though I-693 is not required as part of the I-485 submission for K visa applicants who had a medical examination within the past year, the I-693A is still required:

Are Medical Examinations (Form I-693) and Affidavits of Support (Form I-864) required at the time of filing the I-485 package?

Yes, the Affidavit of Support (if required) and complete Medical Examination should be filed with the I-485 package. The NBC will send a Request for Evidence if either of these Forms is not included with the initial I-485 filing, which will delay the processing of your case. The I-864 and I-693 Forms should include any supporting evidence requested by the instructions.

All applicants required to submit Form I-693 Medical Examination are also required to submit a Supplemental Form to I-693 (immunization record). Applicants who last entered the United States as a K nonimmigrant (I-94 Arrival/Departure Record and/or non-immigrant visa page in passport shows K-1, K-2, K-3, or K-4 as admission code) are only required to submit the Supplemental Form to I-693 (immunization record) with Form I-485. K nonimmigrants are not required to submit Form I-693 (medical examination).

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices...faq.htm#medical

No mention of the "you can use DS-3025 if all your vaccinations are complete" concept here....

K1 Visa

April 1, 2005 ...... I-129F mailed to VSC

April 4, 2005 ...... I-129F received at VSC

April 5, 2005 ...... NOA1 issued by VSC

May 4, 2005 ....... NOA2 issued by VSC

May 12, 2005...... NVC sent petition to embassy

June 14, 2005..... Fiance received Packet 3 from embassy

Dec 20, 2005 ..... Interview -- visa issued!!!

Dec 27, 2005 ..... Fiance arrived in US

Dec 30, 2005 ..... We got married!!!

AOS / EAD

June 7, 2006 ...... Mailed AOS/EAD paperwork to Chicago Lockbox

June 8, 2006 ...... Realized that we failed to send passport photos for I-765;
awaiting RFE!

June 9, 2006 ...... AOS/EAD package delivered

June 15, 2006 .... NOA issued for AOS/EAD

July 1, 2006 ........ Biometrics appointment

July 3, 2006 ........ AOS & EAD touched

July 17, 2006 ...... AOS transferred to CSC

July 21, 2006 ...... CSC received AOS case

July 22, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 25, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 26, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 28, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 31, 2006 ...... AOS touched

Aug 4, 2006 ........ AOS approved per case status on USCIS website!

Aug 9, 2006 ........ Welcome letter received

Aug 10, 2006 ...... Green card received!!!

for me, I just sent my DS-3025 form to INS, and got approved without interview.

June 17, 2004 applied for 129F

Nov 17, 2004 approved 129F

Jan 12, 2005 received P3

May 15, 2005 received p4

June 29, 2005 interview @ GZ(China)

July 1, 2005 got K1 visa

July 22, 2005 Arrived in California

July 26, 2005 Got married

Aug 10, 2005 Got SSN

Aug 19, 2005 Mailed EAD and AOS

Aug 25, 2005 AOS received

Aug 29, 2005 EAD received

Sep 13, 2005 got Driver's License(only valid for 1 month)

Sep 24, 2005 EAD Biometrics

Oct 26, 2005 EAD approved

Nov 1, 2005 got EAD card

Well first of all, I-693A is a supplement to the medical examination form used by civil surgeons here in the US. I don't believe it is considered a supplement to DS-3025; there are some immigrants going through adjustment of status who did not have a medical examination in their native countries, so they have to have the medical done here in the US, hence the I-693 and I-693A.

According to the USCIS National Benefits Center -- which is where I-485's go for processing -- even though I-693 is not required as part of the I-485 submission for K visa applicants who had a medical examination within the past year, the I-693A is still required:

Are Medical Examinations (Form I-693) and Affidavits of Support (Form I-864) required at the time of filing the I-485 package?

Yes, the Affidavit of Support (if required) and complete Medical Examination should be filed with the I-485 package. The NBC will send a Request for Evidence if either of these Forms is not included with the initial I-485 filing, which will delay the processing of your case. The I-864 and I-693 Forms should include any supporting evidence requested by the instructions.

All applicants required to submit Form I-693 Medical Examination are also required to submit a Supplemental Form to I-693 (immunization record). Applicants who last entered the United States as a K nonimmigrant (I-94 Arrival/Departure Record and/or non-immigrant visa page in passport shows K-1, K-2, K-3, or K-4 as admission code) are only required to submit the Supplemental Form to I-693 (immunization record) with Form I-485. K nonimmigrants are not required to submit Form I-693 (medical examination).

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices...faq.htm#medical

No mention of the "you can use DS-3025 if all your vaccinations are complete" concept here....

Well, there are very, very few people that fall into that category. The fact is that the supplemental is what it says; it's a supplemental to the medical and vaccinations given in country.

Some of you people make this process so difficult!

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

Lets see....USCIS says.

... Applicants who last entered the United States as a K nonimmigrant (I-94 Arrival/Departure Record and/or non-immigrant visa page in passport shows K-1, K-2, K-3, or K-4 as admission code) are only required to submit the Supplemental Form to I-693 (immunization record) with Form I-485. K nonimmigrants are not required to submit Form I-693 (medical examination).

kaydee457 says....

Well, there are very, very few people that fall into that category......

Now Im thinking about kaydee's comment.....

There are? I've been sitting here staring at this screen for 10 minutes and I think it pretty much means just exactly as highlighted.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

just because some ppl get away with it, doesn't mean you definitely will. what officers let slide is up to them... total crapshoot.

i wouldn't risk an RFE for something like that. a doctor can fill one out in minutes and if you are lucky you can get it done cheaply.

mine was $35... if i'd skipped it and got an RFE, the days or weeks lost for the delay would far surpass a few measly bucks.

but, its totally up to you if you feel like taking that chance. you might be one of the lucky ones. *shrugs*

good luck :star:

SOME People are just plain LUCKY I guess. I had all my immunisations done in Australia as well prior to arriving here on a K-3 visa. On AUGUST 1st at our interview we were given an RFE for an I-693A so no approval at the interview no RFE prior to the interview. I guess it just depends on the actual person conducting your interview and even with my husband and myself stating and showing that all immunisations were current and given and asking WHY that was not acceptable we were sent away with our RFE. Maybe it would of gone better for me if I had of come from Ethiopia rather than Australia.

Debby

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage : 2003-12-27

I-130 Sent : 2004-01-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2004-01-20

I-129F Sent : 2004-02-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2004-02-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2004-07-24

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2004-08-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2004-09-23

Packet 4 Received : 2004-10-01

Interview Date : 2004-10-27 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2004-10-27

US Entry : 2004-11-03

I-130 Approval :

Point of Entry Review

Event Date

Point of Entry : Atlanta

POE Date : 2004-11-03

Got EAD Stamp :

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : They were really nice at Hartsfield airport when I arrived. The lines were long and the process took a while but there were no hassles.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Atlanta GA

Date Filed : 2005-01-23

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2005-03-18

Interview Date : 2006-08-01 Submit Review

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

This is an ongoing argument. Luck has nothing to do with this process. The fact is that the form is a supplemental to be used to add, or append to the original vaccination record of the applicant.

The instructions are ambiguous in this regard but so are they in many other instances involving other topics.

The fact that I, and others did not submit a supplemental has nothing to do with "luck" but rather that we were in compliance having had all the required vaccinations and not requiring any supplemental follow ups.

Simple....Why make this so difficult?

From Merriam Webster

Main Entry: 1sup·ple·ment

Pronunciation: 's&-pl&-m&nt

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin supplementum, from supplEre to fill up, complete -- more at SUPPLY

1 a : something that completes or makes an addition b : DIETARY SUPPLEMENT

2 : a part added to or issued as a continuation of a book or periodical to correct errors or make additions

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

This is an ongoing argument. Luck has nothing to do with this process. The fact is that the form is a supplemental to be used to add, or append to the original vaccination record of the applicant.

Where do you get that I-693A is supplemental to the "original vaccination record of the applicant"? Have you actually looked at the form? It is labeled "SUPPLEMENTAL FORM TO I-693" and "Adjustment of Status Applicant's Documentation of Immunization". This form is intended to be used for all AOS applicants, not just the K visa applicants who have already had a medical examination prior to entering the country, so in many cases I-693A is the only record of vaccinations that exists for an AOS applicant so far as USCIS is concerned. It looks very much like the vaccination record my husband got at his K-1 medical examination and is supposed to record all the required immunizations, not just the ones obtained since arriving in the country.

The instructions are ambiguous in this regard but so are they in many other instances involving other topics.

They don't seem ambiguous to me; everything I've read says that a K visa applicant for AOS must submit I-693A. What is ambiguous is how the instructions are enforced -- some get away with using DS-3025, others get RFEs.

The fact that I, and others did not submit a supplemental has nothing to do with "luck" but rather that we were in compliance having had all the required vaccinations and not requiring any supplemental follow ups.

So those who get RFEs for not sending I-693A are just unlucky? Please show me which instruction defines I-693A as a supplement to another vaccination record that does not have to be submitted with an AOS application if all vaccinations are complete, despite guidance provided by the National Benefits Center on the USCIS website.

K1 Visa

April 1, 2005 ...... I-129F mailed to VSC

April 4, 2005 ...... I-129F received at VSC

April 5, 2005 ...... NOA1 issued by VSC

May 4, 2005 ....... NOA2 issued by VSC

May 12, 2005...... NVC sent petition to embassy

June 14, 2005..... Fiance received Packet 3 from embassy

Dec 20, 2005 ..... Interview -- visa issued!!!

Dec 27, 2005 ..... Fiance arrived in US

Dec 30, 2005 ..... We got married!!!

AOS / EAD

June 7, 2006 ...... Mailed AOS/EAD paperwork to Chicago Lockbox

June 8, 2006 ...... Realized that we failed to send passport photos for I-765;
awaiting RFE!

June 9, 2006 ...... AOS/EAD package delivered

June 15, 2006 .... NOA issued for AOS/EAD

July 1, 2006 ........ Biometrics appointment

July 3, 2006 ........ AOS & EAD touched

July 17, 2006 ...... AOS transferred to CSC

July 21, 2006 ...... CSC received AOS case

July 22, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 25, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 26, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 28, 2006 ...... AOS touched

July 31, 2006 ...... AOS touched

Aug 4, 2006 ........ AOS approved per case status on USCIS website!

Aug 9, 2006 ........ Welcome letter received

Aug 10, 2006 ...... Green card received!!!

Timeline

Simple....Why make this so difficult?

From Merriam Webster

Etymology: Middle English, from Latin supplementum, from supplEre to fill up, complete -- more at SUPPLY

2 : a part added to or issued as a continuation of a book or periodical to correct errors or make additions

So I take it that you and your wife submitted an I-693A form then. That is the only thing that I was missing as I was in COMPLIANCE having also HAD ALL THE REQUIRED VACCINATIONS and not requiring any supplemental follow ups.

I am glad that you find this process so simple and others of us have a problem at the interview stage after waiting years to get there.

I really can't understand anyone stating that this is SIMPLE.

And since it is MY INTERVIEW I am speaking of and what happened with ME your immigration facts don't apply to ME nor it seems to the IMMIGRATION INTERVIEWER in MY case.

Thanks,

Debby

K-3 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

I-130 Approval :

Point of Entry Review

Event Date

Got EAD Stamp :

Comments : They were really nice at Hartsfield airport when I arrived. The lines were long and the process took a while but there were no hassles.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Timeline

Oh so sorry kaydee457 I have just looked at your timeline and discovered you actually didn't have an interview I can understand now how you could know what my interview officer would say/do.

Debby

K-3 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

I-130 Approval :

Point of Entry Review

Event Date

Got EAD Stamp :

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: Other Timeline
From Merriam Webster

ROFLMAO.

I want to be in the room when an AOS petitioner whips out a dictionary and begins to argue with their AOS adjudicator.

This is an ongoing argument.

Yes it is. With you. You do this community no service by constantly dispensing this advice.

i just sent in a copy of vac doc from my original. in my cover letter i put copy, orginal sent with k1 envelope at customs and i was approved about 2 months ago with out interview

SENT K1 VISA APPLICATION--- 7/17/05
NOA1--- 7/27/05
DAY 78--- 10/14/2005 APPROVED
LEFT NVS--- 10/24/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 3--- 11/09/2005
RECEIVED PACKET 4 --- 11/24/2005
INTERVIEW --- 12/02/2005 APPROVED
RECEIVED VISA--- 12/08/2005

SENT AOS--- EAD--- 02/28/2006
received noa for AOS and EAD-------- 03/07/2006
biometrics done-------- 04/26/2006
Touched for both AOS @ EAD------- 05/03/2006
EAD APPROVED----------------------- 05/19/2006
EAD received in mail ------------------- 05/24/2006
AOS APPROVED -------------------- 06/14/2006
RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL 19 JUNE 2006

SENT REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS----------- 03/12/2008
check cashed---------- 03/19/2008
NOA Dated----------- 03/17/2008 receive in mail 03/20/2008
biometrics ------------ 04/16/2008
APPROVED ----------- 06/13/2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did not submit the vaccination supplement with my AOS application. I did include the vaccination worksheet copy that I received at my K-1 medical. I have had either the vaccination or the actual illness so required no vaccinations. on the form my panel physician had written "vaccinations complete - may qualify for waiver". After I started reading about people getting RFEs for the supplement, I took my information to one of the approved physicians and got the supplement completed, intending to bring it with me to the interview. Of course, shortly after that I was approved without an interview - and without an RFE. I assumed they had granted 'the waiver' - and I still have the supplement in my files.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.