10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I received RFE for medical for wife we have since completed medical it is sealed and ready to send here is question ...lol where does it go back to original lock box location?

thanks in advance

Jeff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Send it along with the original of the RFE (keep a copy for yourself) to the address on the RFE. Follow the instructions exactly or else it may not end up with the rest of your file. Also send it delivery confirmation.

Timeline

Send it along with the original of the RFE (keep a copy for yourself) to the address on the RFE. Follow the instructions exactly or else it may not end up with the rest of your file. Also send it delivery confirmation.

thanks, problem is doctor copied everything but that and sealed original in the envelope Im assumng it goes back to lock box for homeland security

Timeline

I posted this yesterday but the problem is I had the medical done and the doctor failed to make a copy of RFE now it is sealed in the envelope. Question is where do i now send medical? thanks in advance.

Jeff

The RFE notice will need to be outside of the medical envelope. Take it back to the DR's office and ask them to please take out the RFE notice and re-seal the medical envelope.

I really don't think it would be advisable for you to send it anywhere someone on here tells you for two reasons:

1. Your case may be at a different center for processing (ie CSC instead of NBC)

2. They will need to see the RFE notice to match it with your file - they may need to leave the medical sealed, so how will THEY get to the RFE notice any better than you?

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

The RFE notice will need to be outside of the medical envelope. Take it back to the DR's office and ask them to please take out the RFE notice and re-seal the medical envelope.

I really don't think it would be advisable for you to send it anywhere someone on here tells you for two reasons:

1. Your case may be at a different center for processing (ie CSC instead of NBC)

2. They will need to see the RFE notice to match it with your file - they may need to leave the medical sealed, so how will THEY get to the RFE notice any better than you?

so they do not open the envelope? I was under the vision that my file stayed in chicago until they receive all paper work its filed and then all forwared on to local. That seems a little backwards.

so they do not open the envelope? I was under the vision that my file stayed in chicago until they receive all paper work its filed and then all forwared on to local. That seems a little backwards.

RFEs may be issued at several points in the process, at NBC during initial processing, at CSC when an adjudicator gets to your case, or at your local office when and adjudicator gets to your case - any time. So, it is very important that you get the notice removed from the medical by the CS (so they can seal it up again) so that you can correctly respond.

If you don't want to do that, then I don't think I can help you any further.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Are you saying the you gave the doctor the orignal RFE document, and the doctor sealed it in the envelope along with the other documents? If so I would go back to the doctor have him take out the RFE document, and reseal the envelope, as your taking a big risk that you will send to the wrong place, and it could delay your processing, or worse it never get where it needs to go, and you AOS is denied due to not responding in time.

Marriage :2009-12-31

I-485-AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 2010-01-12

I-485 RFE response received by USCIS : 2010-02-010

EAD/AP Approved Date: 2010-03-11

AP Received Date: 2010-03-16

EAD Received Date 2010-03-19

AOS Interview Appointment 2010-05-10

Green Card approved 2010-05-10

Email received Card Production ordered 2010-05-13

Green Card received 2010-06-08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Yep you need to send it to where ever the RFE states to send it. This is where your case file is and where they are expecting to receive it at. With hundreds of cases being received at the lock box daily do you really thing some clerk is going to take the time to research your case (if they even have the ability) and forward the medical to the correct location?

Since you already had your interview scheduled (and I hope you went) your case is most certainly not still at the original location. The RFE needs to go exactly where it says to mail it.

BTW did you go to the interview?

Edited by belinda63

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is not necessary to start a whole new topic to continue the discussion on an existing thread. Duplicate threads on the same topic have been merged into one thread. Please do not start another topic to continue this discussion but respond in this existing thread. Thank you.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.