Veronik

Approved November Filers - The Wait for Interview

651 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys I called Service Canada thismorning to inquire about the EI when we move down. The lady was so nice, she said we can definatly claim, as long as we file within 30 days of leaving our jobs, then continue to fill out the EI report every week even though we are not receiving payments as this will keep the file open. Then when the EAD comes they will start paying benefits from the date we moved to the USA, so you don't lose any weeks if you are entitled to the full 36 weeks they will give you 36 weeks. Also they can deposit it into a USA account.

Have a good day

This is most excellent news! So EI will pay from whenever my fiance' moves (I think there is some 2 week "waiting period") even if the EAD doesn't come for several weeks/months later, but they only start paying after the EAD is received? That is one of the best things I have read lately.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is most excellent news! So EI will pay from whenever my fiance' moves (I think there is some 2 week "waiting period") even if the EAD doesn't come for several weeks/months later, but they only start paying after the EAD is received? That is one of the best things I have read lately.

As long as she has had the required insurable hours she should be approved. There is an EI thread in this forum right at the top. You should read it its really good. I just called as I wanted to ensure info hadn't changed and it hadn't. also go onto service canada website under EI benefits and "who is eligible and it will help you aswell.

Aug 23 2010 - mailed via USPS overnight courier to USCIS

Aug 24 2010 - received a USCIS at 11.40am signed for by Chyba

Sept 1 2010 - received email and text confirmation for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 7 2010 - received hard copy of NOA1 for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 10 2010 - received biometrics apt letter for Oct 1, attempting walkin Sept 17

Sept 17 2010 - successful walk-in biometrics apt

Sept 20 - EAD and AOS touched

Sept 27 - received email and text at 7:30pm that my AOS was transfered to CSC (yeah no interview)

Sept 29 - case touched, arrived at CSC received email and text from USCIS

Oct 4 - AOS touched

Oct 6 - AOS touched

Oct 7 - AOS touched again!!!!

Oct 14 - AOS touched again!!!

Oct 15 - AOS touched again

Oct 19 - AP approved (no email or text notification of approval)

Oct 21 - EAD approved received text and email of card production ordered.

Oct 25 - Received Hardcopy of AP in the mail

Oct 29 - Received another text that EAD card was mailed (post decision activity)

Nov 1 - Received EAD card in the mail

Nov 9 - RFE for vaccination record transcribed over to I693 form

Nov 13 - Found Dr. who would complete just the vaccination part of the form yeaaaah!!!

Nov 17 - USCIS received my RFE response papers in California

Dec 3 - Received email and text confirmation that my case was updated from RFE to RFE review response

Dec 9 - Green Card approved, never received any email or text and my USCIS case still shows in RFE Response review

Dec 14 - Received my approval notice and welcome to America letter advising it was approved Dec 9th

Dec 17 - Green card received, finally done with USCIS for 2 years

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

J & J,

Do you know if the consulate has received your P3 yet? Has it been logged in?

I'm trying hard to be patient, I'll call again this afternoon to find out if mine was!!

Stay positive!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

J & J,

Do you know if the consulate has received your P3 yet? Has it been logged in?

I'm trying hard to be patient, I'll call again this afternoon to find out if mine was!!

Stay positive!

My P3 has not been logged yet, I called yesterday, but no luck. I think I might call tomorrow before 5 to see if it's been logged. Keep me updated if yours gets logged (I really hate not knowing..lol) :) I just booked my medical for May 17th today. I wanted to get it out of the way, I was looking at the AOS papers and it says it's valid for up to a year so it should be fine even if I get the medical done early.

Keep me posted:)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

J & J,

We think the same! I was like, no way I'm waiting for an interview date to get the medical, let's just get it out of the way!

I just called DOS, man they're quick lately! It didn't even ring and someone picked up! But not logged...

I'll call again tomorrow. Actually, I'm gonna call everyday until it's logged...

I'll keep you posted! It's hard to stay patient, but I'm trying to stay positive!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just sent my Packet 3 back today....

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

Good job Wishing! :thumbs:

Now the wait begins for you too! How did it go with filling up everything for the P3?

I'm gonna call DOS again today at 4 see if a miracle happened!

Keep you posted!

Timeline
:crying: Not logged in yet... Will be a long weekend! Oh well, don't worry be happy, right?

:crying: Not logged in yet... Will be a long weekend! Oh well, don't worry be happy, right?

Same here Vero and Chris, and that's right be happy and enjoy your weekend. Worrying doesn't get anything done except to drive yourself crazy...hehe I know this very well :P

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Good job Wishing! :thumbs:

Now the wait begins for you too! How did it go with filling up everything for the P3?

I'm gonna call DOS again today at 4 see if a miracle happened!

Keep you posted!

Hey guys,

Packet 3 was easier to assemble then the I129F thats for sure. That thing took so long with all the evidence we assembled! Although I did quadruple check that all was in order for the Packet 3 before sending it off via Priority next AM through Canada Post. Also made a full photocopy of the package. Now the wait ensues.... I'll hold off on calling DOS until the tail end of next week I beleive as I can't see it would be logged in any sooner then that at the absolute earliest!!

Worrying doesn't get anything done except to drive yourself crazy...hehe I know this very well :P

You got that right!!!! :bonk: I definately am doing too much worrying...gotta go do more yoga :):P

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

Wow, just had a dream last night, and our visa had been denied because the clerck at the consulate could not understand my writing! :lol:

Gosh, I think I'm stressing out a little too much about this!

But I think once this P3 is logged, I'll be able to relax a little!

I'll be calling everyday this week, so I'll keep you all posted!

:energy:

I figure I should be posting in here because I'm at this same stage. Going to call DOS for the first time tomorrow, wish me luck!

Jan 12, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Jan 14, 2010 - NOA1 issued

Jan 20, 2010 - Touched

Jan 30, 2010 - NOA1 received in mail

Mar 22, 2010 - NOA2! 67 days after NOA1! #222 on Igor's List!

Mar 23, 2010 - Touched

Mar 24, 2010 - NVC Received Petition

Mar 26, 2010 - NVC Sent Petition to Montreal Consulate

Apr 01, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Petition

Apr 13, 2010 - Packet 3 Received

Apr 16, 2010 - Packet 3 Mailed

Apr 20, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Packet 3

May 11, 2010 - Packet 3 Logged

Jun 29, 2010 - Packet 4 Received !

Jul 12, 2010 - Medical !!

Aug 25, 2010 - Interview at Montreal Consulate !!! APPROVED !!!

Sep 08, 2010 - Port of Entry in Port Huron / Blue Water Bridge !!!

Sep 25, 2010 - Wedding Day !!!!

Nov 15, 2010 - AOS + EAD sent

Nov 23, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 24, 2010 - AOS + EAD touched

Jan 06, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2011 - EAD approved!

Mar 29, 2011 - GREEN CARD INTERVIEW! APPROVED !!!

Apr 07, 2011 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!

Mar 11, 2013 - ROC sent

Welcome Ken and Kate!

Hope everyone had a good and non-stressed weekend :P

Hopefully we will all get lucky and get our P3's logged this week...cross our fingers!

I know what you mean Vero and Chris, i'll feel so much more better knowing our P3 is logged and ready for a interview date..but then i'll be going crazy to know what the date is for the interview..lol Maybe we'll get lucky and have a interview date ready the same day as our P3 is logged! That would be awesome!!

Timeline

Welcome Ken and Kate!

Hope everyone had a good and non-stressed weekend :P

Hopefully we will all get lucky and get our P3's logged this week...cross our fingers!

I know what you mean Vero and Chris, i'll feel so much more better knowing our P3 is logged and ready for a interview date..but then i'll be going crazy to know what the date is for the interview..lol Maybe we'll get lucky and have a interview date ready the same day as our P3 is logged! That would be awesome!!

OMG, could this actually happen...interview date scheduled same day as P3 logged in?!?! I am preparing myself to wait at least 4 weeks to receive an interview date as it is, :clock: as I have not yet heard of getting an interview date assigned as quickly as that. Here's hoping:) :dancing:

Eager to hear everyone's news after calls to DOS this week...I plan to start calling next week, hopefully. :star:

Are most people waiting until they receive Packet 4 before scheduling interview...or have any of you scheduled your Medical yet? On my packet 3 letter is had a space on the checklist that said "Medical Interview", and I know the "usual" procedure is to wait until Packet 4...but somehow I wonder if I should just get it done sooner rather then later. Thoughts?

OMG, could this actually happen...interview date scheduled same day as P3 logged in?!?! I am preparing myself to wait at least 4 weeks to receive an interview date as it is, :clock: as I have not yet heard of getting an interview date assigned as quickly as that. Here's hoping:) :dancing:

Eager to hear everyone's news after calls to DOS this week...I plan to start calling next week, hopefully. :star:

Are most people waiting until they receive Packet 4 before scheduling interview...or have any of you scheduled your Medical yet? On my packet 3 letter is had a space on the checklist that said "Medical Interview", and I know the "usual" procedure is to wait until Packet 4...but somehow I wonder if I should just get it done sooner rather then later. Thoughts?

I was just thinking out loud about the interview date being assigned the same day as p3 being logged..hahaha.. I'm trying to keep very high hopes..That would be amazing if it did happen :D

As for medical, I already booked my appointment for the end of next month, I didn't feel like waiting for my P4... as long as you bring with you your P3 packet from Montreal that they sent to you with all the instructions and with your MTL case # on it, they will accept you for a medical appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.