Veronik

Approved November Filers - The Wait for Interview

651 posts in this topic

Well, thanks to Vero and J&J, I got my interview date today - August 24th! Surprisingly, I did not freak out, instead chose to be po'd that it's a Tuesday (so will have to take 2 days off work), and obsess about the fact that I'm not planning to move until mid-December soooo no visiting my fiance in between. That sucks. He'll stil come up here, but I've come to really like Baltimore, and that's a long time not to visit...

There's just no pleasing me is there?!! :)

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, thanks to Vero and J&J, I got my interview date today - August 24th! Surprisingly, I did not freak out, instead chose to be po'd that it's a Tuesday (so will have to take 2 days off work), and obsess about the fact that I'm not planning to move until mid-December soooo no visiting my fiance in between. That sucks. He'll stil come up here, but I've come to really like Baltimore, and that's a long time not to visit...

Brenda! Congrats! Since you have the closest p.3 log-in date to mine, you are the one I've been keeping tabs on :blush:

Oh man, I just HAVE to get my date... right??? :huh:

Brenda! Congrats! Since you have the closest p.3 log-in date to mine, you are the one I've been keeping tabs on :blush:

Oh man, I just HAVE to get my date... right??? :huh:

You will you will! When did they log in your P3? Looks like they're getting faster at processing.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah Brenda2010! :dance: You can be SURE I'll have a hell of a cocktail -make that cocktailS - this Friday!!! This is great! So happy for everyone!

Here's our list, and I have a feeling you'll be on here with a date after the 'lil dots too, halfnhalf!

User ............... P3 Logged ..... Days Since ....... Interview Date!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 17th

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th

Ken and Kate ....... May 11th ...... 43 days .......... Aug 25th

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 34 days .......... Aug 24th

Halfnhalf .......... May 25th ...... 28 days

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Hey Brenda2010, do you have to stay until mid-december because of work? Gosh, that is a long time!

Well, at least we'll be approved by then ;)

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

wow almost our whole list is done. I hope Halfnhalf gets a date soon. Congrats everyone!!! Soon we will all be approved and will be with our loved ones. how exciting!!! Chris went home today :( but I had my first fitting for my wedding dress today :) So that made today a little better then what it would have been. Chris has already bought his plane tickets to canada for Aug. bought our train tickets to montreal and booked our hotel. It feels so good to have that all done with. Just have to worry about gathering all the paper work for the interview now. Shouldnt be too hard to do. :dance: I am super excited!!!

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Timeline

I know! It feels so much better to be able to plan around a REAL date instead of playing pretend around a made-up date!!!

I'm so excited for everyone, we've waited for this for SO long! :dance:

Yes having a real date to look forward to is so nice. When Chris left this morning it was nice knowing that I will see him again in Aug. Its not too far off. So letting him leave wasnt as hard as it usually is..... tho it was still pretty hard. Our son asked where daddy was after he woke up from his nap :( Soon he wont have to wonder where daddy is tho :) I am going to move at begining of Sept, then have our wedding in early Nov. that'll give me a month to pack everything and say bye to my family. Its so weird having such strong mixed feelings. I'm really happy to be moving with Chris but sad about leaving my family.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys! I've been lurking on this site since we initially filed for our K1 the first week in January. Can't remember the exact date we sent the P3 to Montreal but I can tell you that I called yesterday after reading of the spate of new dates handed out and we too are on the list! For us the interview is August 16th!!

One question for anyone who may know. Inasmuch as my fiancée is Canadian we plan to marry in Canada late this summer so her 92 year old Mother can attend, before we do the POE package. So once we do, we will not actually be in a fiancée situation anymore. I wonder if this would be a problem? Any thoughts? Actually, we could go visit my Mother in Michigan before the wedding and do the POE in Port Huron then, come back a few days later, then get married a couple of weeks after that.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading about all the angst and now the happy notes those lucky enough to get their dates are writing.

Good luck to all and see you in line!

Timeline

Congrats Fibbidiboo!!!

I added you to our list, hope that's ok!

User ............... P3 Logged ..... Days Since ....... Interview Date!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 17th

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th

Ken and Kate ....... May 11th ...... 43 days .......... Aug 25th

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 34 days .......... Aug 24th

Fibbidiboo ......... May xxx ....... xx days .......... Aug 16th

Halfnhalf .......... May 25th ...... 28 days

Sorry I can't answer your question though... That's a good one! Maybe post a topic on the forum, I'm sure someone will know what to do!

Alright, sending Halfnhalf good vibes for today! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys! I've been lurking on this site since we initially filed for our K1 the first week in January. Can't remember the exact date we sent the P3 to Montreal but I can tell you that I called yesterday after reading of the spate of new dates handed out and we too are on the list! For us the interview is August 16th!!

One question for anyone who may know. Inasmuch as my fiancée is Canadian we plan to marry in Canada late this summer so her 92 year old Mother can attend, before we do the POE package. So once we do, we will not actually be in a fiancée situation anymore. I wonder if this would be a problem? Any thoughts? Actually, we could go visit my Mother in Michigan before the wedding and do the POE in Port Huron then, come back a few days later, then get married a couple of weeks after that.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading about all the angst and now the happy notes those lucky enough to get their dates are writing.

Good luck to all and see you in line!

Hi, congrats on getting your interview date.

As per marrying in Canada, you can't do it on a K1. One of the requirement is that you enter the U.S. un-married and marry in the States within 90 days.

I guess it would be possible to do a simple ceremony of no legal value in Canada, but I read many times here that it is not recommendable... maybe someone will chime in about this one.

Also, once you enter the US and activate your K1, you will not be allowed to leave the country until you have either your green card or AP (advance parole), which can take a couple of months. If you leave the country without authorisation, you will have to start the process all over again.

In case of emergency, it is possible to get an emergency AP, but you will have to prove the need for it.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Alright, sending Halfnhalf good vibes for today! :thumbs:

thank you! :D i need it!

think i might give em' until noon today before i call, considering i called yesterday morning then again right before they closed? lol :whistle:

Edited by HalfnHalf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, no they close from 11-12 on Wednesdays....every week....I suspect a weekly staff meeting??

Good luck!!

Edited by Wishing

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.