Veronik

Approved November Filers - The Wait for Interview

651 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning!

I hope you guys hear something today from DOS! Maybe they didn't skip July, there's probably tons of people who are going through this process and are not on here... Seems strange that for a whole month, nothing is happening...

Oh well, August it is baby! :dance:

Decided to be proactive with my stress with customs! Surprising, enh? Well, I feel I have enough proof of ties, and I'm not doing anything illegal, so I've just decided it was all gonna be ok! HA!

Have a good day everyone!

:goofy:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got off the phone with DOS again. At first she said there's no date, then she's like "oh wait, this is a K1, right? Oh here it is, you have a date of August 17, 2010."

YAY :D:D:D

01/12/2010 -- I-129F Sent

01/19/2010 -- Date on NOA1

03/25/2010 -- Date on NOA2 (65 days from NOA1, gogo VSC!)

04/06/2010 -- NVC package signed for in Montreal

04/21/2010 -- P3 Received

04/30/2010 -- P3 checked in

----

08/23/2010 -- Interview date!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got off the phone with DOS again. At first she said there's no date, then she's like "oh wait, this is a K1, right? Oh here it is, you have a date of August 17, 2010."

YAY :D:D:D

Alright pasht way to go this is awesome!!! Thank god she looked in the right place haha or whatever that was!! :dance:

Good morning!

I hope you guys hear something today from DOS! Maybe they didn't skip July, there's probably tons of people who are going through this process and are not on here... Seems strange that for a whole month, nothing is happening...

Decided to be proactive with my stress with customs! Surprising, enh? Well, I feel I have enough proof of ties, and I'm not doing anything illegal, so I've just decided it was all gonna be ok! HA!

Awesome Vero;) Well I'll be in the same situation as you as I've decided to go on a trip to the US just before my interview to attend a friend's wedding!! Not really nervous either now that I'll have an interview letter and really truly not doing anything wrong :-D

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Good morning!

Im thinking its possible that they didnt skip a month, we just dont know it. I know I met a few couples at my interview (and one K-1 attending by herself) that use VJ, and read the forums, but have never participated at all. So its likely we have a number of lurkers that have interview dates.

Good on the proactivity Vero, just stay with that attitude, because it is going to be fine. Enjoy your time, and focus on your fiancee :)

Timeline

User ............... P3 Logged ..... Days Since ....... Interview Date!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 17th

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th

Ken and Kate ....... May 11th ...... 43 days .......... Aug 25th

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 33 days

Very much likin the look of the list!!! :thumbs:

Im thinking its possible that they didnt skip a month, we just dont know it. I know I met a few couples at my interview (and one K-1 attending by herself) that use VJ, and read the forums, but have never participated at all. So its likely we have a number of lurkers that have interview dates.

Good on the proactivity Vero, just stay with that attitude, because it is going to be fine. Enjoy your time, and focus on your fiancee :)

Well if there are ANY lurkers who have July interview days I would be very curious to know!! Please post!!! :star:

Edited by Wishing

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All of you that had your packet 3 logged in May are keeping hope alive for me and my Love!

COME ON INTERVIEW DATE! :blink: please, oh please, oh please,oh please!

Congrats to you all! I'm both jealous AND happy for you! :D

Timeline

Hey everyone!

Congrats to everyone who got their date today!!! Yeah! Brenda2010 should get hers too this week! :dance:

I remember a while ago Wishing posted something, and last year for one month there was only 4 K-1 interviews, I think it was June, and then the following month there was like 19... So I have a feeling that that's what happened for us too.

Thanks everyone for being supportive about the customs thing. I KNOW how annoying I can get, believe me! Lucky me, I found someone who copes with it just fine! :D I'm sure it'll work out fine, it's just hard to control my nerves! :wacko:

I'm trying to figure out in what order they actually assign the dates... Last name of beneficiary? P3 logged in date? I'm sure everyone is thinking 'who cares, we got a date!'

Alright, well hopefully Canada post will deliver the P4 tomorrow, and if not, oh well, I'll get someone to send it to me.

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Hey everyone!

Congrats to everyone who got their date today!!! Yeah! Brenda2010 should get hers too this week! :dance:

I remember a while ago Wishing posted something, and last year for one month there was only 4 K-1 interviews, I think it was June, and then the following month there was like 19... So I have a feeling that that's what happened for us too.

Thanks everyone for being supportive about the customs thing. I KNOW how annoying I can get, believe me! Lucky me, I found someone who copes with it just fine! :D I'm sure it'll work out fine, it's just hard to control my nerves! :wacko:

I'm trying to figure out in what order they actually assign the dates... Last name of beneficiary? P3 logged in date? I'm sure everyone is thinking 'who cares, we got a date!'

Alright, well hopefully Canada post will deliver the P4 tomorrow, and if not, oh well, I'll get someone to send it to me.

I think the paperwork is just in a random pile and they just put them away until they are able to schedule and they just start at the top of the file and work down. There's no logic or reason to it, its all random just about...

Timeline

Yeah that makes sense... It does seem like the P3 logged in mid May had a date later in the month, but then nickbits got theirs on teh 12th... Oh well!

Halfnhalf:

What's your logged in date so we can add you to the list?

Timeline

Alright, Halfnhalf, you're added! Maybe they'll decide to assign dates for people who got their P3 logged in April and May!

User ............... P3 Logged ..... Days Since ....... Interview Date!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

mandaNchris ........ April 16th .... 62 days .......... Aug 10th

Rose416 ............ April 16th? ... 62 days .......... Aug 3rd

Vero and Chris ..... April 26th .... 56 days .......... Aug 9th

J & J .............. April 27th .... 54 days .......... Aug 9th

Pasht .............. April 30th .... 52 days .......... Aug 17th

Wishing ............ May 4th ....... 43 days .......... Aug 16th

Alaba .............. May 6th ....... 45 days .......... Aug 11th

netguy ............. May 10th ...... 42 days .......... Aug 24th

Ken and Kate ....... May 11th ...... 43 days .......... Aug 25th

Valerie78 .......... May 17th ...... 35 days .......... Aug 23rd

nickbits ........... May 17th? ..... 35 days .......... Aug 12th

Brenda2010 ......... May 19th ...... 34 days

Halfnhalf .......... May 25th ...... 28 days

I just wanted to say Congrats to everyone who got there dates today and too everyone who ready got one :) Soooo Awesome! I'm so excited for everyone.. Happy Happy Times!

It's clueless to me as of how they pick the dates they set for the interview.. but me and vero did get our P3 sent to us on the same day according to DOS...and we happened to get a interview date on the same day as well.. So maybe it has something to do with when they sent out the P3's...or maybe it's just a coincidence. We will never know..:P

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Ohhh.. and I hope HalfnHalf N Brenda2010 get a interview date with all of us too in Aug...Here's some luck for a interview date in Aug! :D

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.