Veronik

Approved November Filers - The Wait for Interview

651 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yowzers the longest among us has been 62 days....yikes....waaaay to long COME ON MONTREAL!!!

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

I'll phone Montreal tomorrow.

I am still optimistic about July but at this point I'll take anything.

All I want is to be scheduled! Come on Montreal!!!! :bonk:

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

I realllllly hope we hear something by tomorrow or Monday...I was looking back at when the last batch found out when there interviews would be for June..they found out April 16-19 for a interview in June...So if we are lucky, maybe this will be our week we find out for a hopeful interview in Aug or late July would be great too..I know Montreal doesn't have a pattern that they work by...but here's to hoping... :unsure:

AandB...I hope you have a safe POE, can't wait to hear about it!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I realllllly hope we hear something by tomorrow or Monday...I was looking back at when the last batch found out when there interviews would be for June..they found out April 16-19 for a interview in June...So if we are lucky, maybe this will be our week we find out for a hopeful interview in Aug or late July would be great too..I know Montreal doesn't have a pattern that they work by...but here's to hoping... :unsure:

AandB...I hope you have a safe POE, can't wait to hear about it!

Good luck! I hope you guys get your date soon!

It would "make sense" that you'd get them tomorrow... but of course we are talking about Montreal.:blink:

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have been following your posts on here.I just hope everyone finds out an interview date soon,real soon!I mean common,you guys have already waited long enough.It is only but fair.

Wish you good luck everyone :thumbs: :thumbs:

K-1 Visa

11/03/09:I-129F sent to VSC

11/06/09:NOA1

03/02/10:NOA2 !!!

05/24/10:Interview!!-Approved!

POE: 28th June

AOS

07/20/2010: AOS sent

07/21/2010: Received at Chicago Lockbox

07/27/2010:text and email notifications received,cheque cashed!

07/30/2010:NOA1 received for EAD

08/02/2010:NOA1s for AOS/AP received

08/11/2010: AP touched

08/18/2010:I-485 transferred to CSC

08/19/2010:I-485 touched, 08/24: I-485 physically in CSC now,08/25 :I-485 touched

08/27/2010:put in service request with USCIS for Biometrics letter

09/08/2010:AP approved and EAD touched

09/11/2010:AP and EAD touched

09/14/2010:Biometrics walk-in successful (10/01/2010:Original biometrics appt)

09/13/2010:AP last touched

09/14/2010:EAD card production ordered and AOS touched

09/15/2010:EAD and AOS touched

09/20/2010:Received AP in the mail

09/24/2010:EAD in mail

10/13/2010:GC card production ordered

10/14 and 10/15: AOS touched

10/20/2010: GC received- Done with USCIS till June,2012

My humble blog:

http://songbird24.wordpress.com/

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

JohnAnwesha:

Thanks for the support! I'm really hoping tomorrow we'll hear something...

Long overdue in my book...

:blink:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

JohnAnwesha:

Thanks for the support! I'm really hoping tomorrow we'll hear something...

Long overdue in my book...

:blink:

WOW i really hope you guys get your interviews soon. Looks like i just squeezed in. My interview is next week the 23 and I have not seen anyone on here booked after me (K1 anyway). If, (and when) they give me my visa next week i will ask whats going on for you!!! ha ha. don't want to get them mad befor they say the magic words "your approved" to me.

Good luck! I hope you guys get your date soon!

It would "make sense" that you'd get them tomorrow... but of course we are talking about Montreal.:blink:

Hey Kizza, did they charge you the new fees at your interview? I have not received any letter yet advising me of the increase!!! good thing i am on visajourney!!!. Also did they give you back your original tax forms (W2's tax returns etc) I am hoping they do as i need them for theAOS

Thanks

Aug 23 2010 - mailed via USPS overnight courier to USCIS

Aug 24 2010 - received a USCIS at 11.40am signed for by Chyba

Sept 1 2010 - received email and text confirmation for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 7 2010 - received hard copy of NOA1 for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 10 2010 - received biometrics apt letter for Oct 1, attempting walkin Sept 17

Sept 17 2010 - successful walk-in biometrics apt

Sept 20 - EAD and AOS touched

Sept 27 - received email and text at 7:30pm that my AOS was transfered to CSC (yeah no interview)

Sept 29 - case touched, arrived at CSC received email and text from USCIS

Oct 4 - AOS touched

Oct 6 - AOS touched

Oct 7 - AOS touched again!!!!

Oct 14 - AOS touched again!!!

Oct 15 - AOS touched again

Oct 19 - AP approved (no email or text notification of approval)

Oct 21 - EAD approved received text and email of card production ordered.

Oct 25 - Received Hardcopy of AP in the mail

Oct 29 - Received another text that EAD card was mailed (post decision activity)

Nov 1 - Received EAD card in the mail

Nov 9 - RFE for vaccination record transcribed over to I693 form

Nov 13 - Found Dr. who would complete just the vaccination part of the form yeaaaah!!!

Nov 17 - USCIS received my RFE response papers in California

Dec 3 - Received email and text confirmation that my case was updated from RFE to RFE review response

Dec 9 - Green Card approved, never received any email or text and my USCIS case still shows in RFE Response review

Dec 14 - Received my approval notice and welcome to America letter advising it was approved Dec 9th

Dec 17 - Green card received, finally done with USCIS for 2 years

Timeline

WOW i really hope you guys get your interviews soon. Looks like i just squeezed in. My interview is next week the 23 and I have not seen anyone on here booked after me (K1 anyway). If, (and when) they give me my visa next week i will ask whats going on for you!!! ha ha. don't want to get them mad befor they say the magic words "your approved" to me.

Hey Kizza, did they charge you the new fees at your interview? I have not received any letter yet advising me of the increase!!! good thing i am on visajourney!!!. Also did they give you back your original tax forms (W2's tax returns etc) I am hoping they do as i need them for theAOS

Thanks

Hey beantown. Yes, we had to pay the new fees. People who didnt have it had to run to an ATM to get it.

I know, I dont think it's right that they would impose it like that with no notice, after we got a letter clearly stating it would be 131$. But whatever, nothing we can do about it. In the end, I was just happy I knew abuot it ahead of time.

For the tax forms, I gave them copies (even had a post-it saying "copies to give on" it) and they took them and kept them. I had originals with me in case they'd want to verify anything but never asked for them. The only thing I got back was my original birth cert.

I wanted to ask about upcoming interviews and KevBev after I got approved (provided all went well) but once I heard the magic words, I was so elated, my mind went blank for a few minutes.:P There's a couple of little things I wanted to ask about my own visa I just forgot too.

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

Good luck on your interview beantown79! Don't worry if you forget to ask, I would't bother! They might think you're an immigration spy and wonder how you know we don't have dates yet! :P

When are you POEing, Kizza?

Well, good luck to everyone who'll be calling today! I'm leaving in a week, and I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF! :D So excited!!!

:dance:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Good luck on your interview beantown79! Don't worry if you forget to ask, I would't bother! They might think you're an immigration spy and wonder how you know we don't have dates yet! :P

When are you POEing, Kizza?

Well, good luck to everyone who'll be calling today! I'm leaving in a week, and I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF! :D So excited!!!

:dance:

Not exactly sure when I'll POE. Now that it's sorted out and that Matt is here, Im in no rush! lol I love Montreal in the summer.

But he wants to go, so maybe as early as the 27th or 28th.

I hope you guys get interview dates today!!

A bunch of you have trips lined up... that's when we got our date, once we had made plans to see each other, figuring we might not get an interview until August anyway.

It seems like they've been working on clearing some cases this week. It's your turn!!

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

Gosh, I hope you're right Kizza...Getting a date before I leave might help with the stress!

I saw in your review that you were denied once when visiting? And I can see that it didn't affect your approval... That's relieving, I'm a little worried about next week, but now at least I can see that it'll be ok even if I get turned at customs...

God... The stress :wacko:

Gosh, I hope you're right Kizza...Getting a date before I leave might help with the stress!

I saw in your review that you were denied once when visiting? And I can see that it didn't affect your approval... That's relieving, I'm a little worried about next week, but now at least I can see that it'll be ok even if I get turned at customs...

God... The stress :wacko:

Breathe! Breathe!

You arent doing ANYTHING wrong to visit. Not a damn thing, its going to be perfectly fine.

They have no reason to deny you, you will have ties with you in case it comes to that, you will answer truthfully, and to the point when they ask questions, no rambling ;)

Let it slip to the back of your mind, focus on getting ready, packing and planning what you are going to do with your man when you get there.

Its going to be just fine Vero :)

Timeline

You know with 62 days and counting I am wondering what is the longest a person has waited for P3 logged in to receipt of interview date (all things being straight forward in the case...)!?

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

Alrighty looks like someone else got an interview for July...ChrisCon I believe, Cr-1 visa...

Timeline

Not exactly sure when I'll POE. Now that it's sorted out and that Matt is here, Im in no rush! lol I love Montreal in the summer.

But he wants to go, so maybe as early as the 27th or 28th.

I hope you guys get interview dates today!!

A bunch of you have trips lined up... that's when we got our date, once we had made plans to see each other, figuring we might not get an interview until August anyway.

It seems like they've been working on clearing some cases this week. It's your turn!!

Ok so just went to pick up my prepaid envelope!!! what is with the big A$@ size? why on earth do we need something so big? I gotta carry that thing on a plane next week ha ha, have a great weekend everyone I am outta here!!!

Aug 23 2010 - mailed via USPS overnight courier to USCIS

Aug 24 2010 - received a USCIS at 11.40am signed for by Chyba

Sept 1 2010 - received email and text confirmation for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 7 2010 - received hard copy of NOA1 for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 10 2010 - received biometrics apt letter for Oct 1, attempting walkin Sept 17

Sept 17 2010 - successful walk-in biometrics apt

Sept 20 - EAD and AOS touched

Sept 27 - received email and text at 7:30pm that my AOS was transfered to CSC (yeah no interview)

Sept 29 - case touched, arrived at CSC received email and text from USCIS

Oct 4 - AOS touched

Oct 6 - AOS touched

Oct 7 - AOS touched again!!!!

Oct 14 - AOS touched again!!!

Oct 15 - AOS touched again

Oct 19 - AP approved (no email or text notification of approval)

Oct 21 - EAD approved received text and email of card production ordered.

Oct 25 - Received Hardcopy of AP in the mail

Oct 29 - Received another text that EAD card was mailed (post decision activity)

Nov 1 - Received EAD card in the mail

Nov 9 - RFE for vaccination record transcribed over to I693 form

Nov 13 - Found Dr. who would complete just the vaccination part of the form yeaaaah!!!

Nov 17 - USCIS received my RFE response papers in California

Dec 3 - Received email and text confirmation that my case was updated from RFE to RFE review response

Dec 9 - Green Card approved, never received any email or text and my USCIS case still shows in RFE Response review

Dec 14 - Received my approval notice and welcome to America letter advising it was approved Dec 9th

Dec 17 - Green card received, finally done with USCIS for 2 years

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.