Veronik

Approved November Filers - The Wait for Interview

651 posts in this topic

Yep, I had to! We have a week booked at a beach in South Carolina with all the family, and were planning on doing it then. Well, that's not gonna happen now! We'll go to the beach anyways, but no wedding yet!

I'm sure I'm not the only one though...

By the way, craziest thing... I was checking flights two days ago, and they were around 830$... Went online today to book one, and they were down to 430$! How lucky can you get! HA!

Yup, 2 days ago would have been Sunday, a bad time to look for Tix, the very best times to look are Tues-Thurs, prices are lower. Of course that doesnt take sales into consideration either ;)

So I had my medical today. Was up way too early. I arrived at the Dr. office at 6:50am. there were already about five or six people in the waiting room when I got there. We waited about 10 - 15 mins to get called in to pay and give the woman my passport and immuization records. then got told to wait at X-ray, got in there really fast. Got sent back to the waiting room. Then got called in for the blood test. Thank god she got it the first time. then it was back to the waiting room for a looonngg wait. Got called in to see the doctor where the woman did my exam and the doctor came in to talk to me. He did my medical history, looked at my immuizations and said they were all up to date. asked a couple of questions and said everything looks good. that unless they see the scaring on my X-ray I will get my stuff on friday or monday. :dance: thank god that is out of the way! We left the office at 10am. The doctor was really nice and so was all the staff. It was a good experience..... other then the breast exam :P

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

What? A breast exam? The doctor I had took more time looking at my spine than anything else! At least it's done! Quite the relief, right?

Thanks SupportGeek, I had no idea that Sundays were more expensive, will keep that in mind next time! Well, I knew that flying on the weekend was more money, but didn't know that booking was too...

Have a good day ya'll! 9 days 'til I see my sweet cheeks again!

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

What? A breast exam? The doctor I had took more time looking at my spine than anything else! At least it's done! Quite the relief, right?

Thanks SupportGeek, I had no idea that Sundays were more expensive, will keep that in mind next time! Well, I knew that flying on the weekend was more money, but didn't know that booking was too...

Have a good day ya'll! 9 days 'til I see my sweet cheeks again!

Happy to help :)

And yea, the prices themselves will fluctuate depending on the day of the week that you look them up, its interesting, but definitely Tues-Thurs are the best days to check the pricing!

You are seeing your fiancee on the 25th? Mine flies in to TO on the 25th so 9 days for me too :)

Have fun!

i'm driving to montreal from virginia on the 25th because the ticket prices are so high. we know (eventually) i'll have to get a ticket to fly in for the interview, but we haven't seen each other since december so a ten hour drive doesn't seem so bad to me!

: )

Timeline

SupportGeek and valerie78:

Yeah for you two! I believe the atmospheric temperature on the continent will increase dramatically on the 25th from all that action that will take place that day ;) haha!

Wow, since December! Gosh I would have gone INSANE if that had been me! Are you staying long? Enjoy!

When was the last time you guys saw each other, SupportGeek?

So I've been gathering documents to show ties to Canada and here's what I got:

- 2 months worth of pay stubs

- Letter from employer

- Return flight info

- My filing thingy with all the visa info

Should be good, right? I don't have bills or anything so they'll have to make do with that!

Anyone calling today? I'm still on strike. I'll call Friday just to see but I'm NOT freaking out about it anymore... (never thought I'd say that!)

And of course, I'll be joining our weekly cocktails, with Sangria this week I think...

Cheers!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

i'll only be there till the 30th - but i figure i'll be back soon for the interview...

i'm worried about driving all that way and getting refused at the border. sure that won't happen but still...

i think that should be enough vero, of course - its all up to the mood of the CO. unfortunately.

Timeline

Yeah I know... But it should be ok...

When I went and picked up Chris in Virginia last year, we drove through, and had a trunk-full of suitcases, a TV and DVD player, and the guy never asked us to open it or anything... Chris ended up staying 7 months, and this year he came and visited twice, once in February, and then in May. He flew here, and the first time he had absolutely no problem, but the second time was a little more hastle... So don't worry, you should be ok too...

Think positive, right!?!

exactly : )

i just know that sitting in a car for ten hours on the way there..my ocd brain will have plenty of time to think of all the possible CO possibilities. haha.

Timeline

I'll be sending you good vibes that day!

I remember that drive, 14 hours it took us... And New Jersey was such a pleasant state to drive through... NOT

thanks chick.

google maps says ten for me, i got my fingers crossed it's less than that.

luckily, i don't have to go through new jersey. however i do have to go through west virginia and pennsylvania which are both notorius of sh*tty roads ; )

SupportGeek and valerie78:

Yeah for you two! I believe the atmospheric temperature on the continent will increase dramatically on the 25th from all that action that will take place that day ;) haha!

Wow, since December! Gosh I would have gone INSANE if that had been me! Are you staying long? Enjoy!

When was the last time you guys saw each other, SupportGeek?

So I've been gathering documents to show ties to Canada and here's what I got:

- 2 months worth of pay stubs

- Letter from employer

- Return flight info

- My filing thingy with all the visa info

Should be good, right? I don't have bills or anything so they'll have to make do with that!

Anyone calling today? I'm still on strike. I'll call Friday just to see but I'm NOT freaking out about it anymore... (never thought I'd say that!)

And of course, I'll be joining our weekly cocktails, with Sangria this week I think...

Cheers!

I think what you have is enough, most of the time I only got asked to show my flight itinerary, even though I brought bills and stuff, I didnt have to show any of it. Actually once I was crossing the border to fly outta Buffalo, the guard asked to see my itinerary, I went to hand it over, and it was REALLY windy that day, it all almost flew outta my hands, and he started waving at me to pull it back in the car, going "Oh man! Dont worry about it, have a nice trip!" he never even got to look haha.

I havnt seen her since November :(

Im REALLY looking forward to seeing her...BELIEVE me!

Timeline

Oh, that'll just prep you for the notoriously bad roads of Quebec! Never seen worse than our roads!

You'll have a soar bum from clanching everytime you hit a bump on the roads here... :lol:

I think what you have is enough, most of the time I only got asked to show my flight itinerary, even though I brought bills and stuff, I didnt have to show any of it. Actually once I was crossing the border to fly outta Buffalo, the guard asked to see my itinerary, I went to hand it over, and it was REALLY windy that day, it all almost flew outta my hands, and he started waving at me to pull it back in the car, going "Oh man! Dont worry about it, have a nice trip!" he never even got to look haha.

I havnt seen her since November :(

Im REALLY looking forward to seeing her...BELIEVE me!

Woah! November!!! :o Wow, well, I hope you do some streching and warm-up before you see her!

:D

Oh, that'll just prep you for the notoriously bad roads of Quebec! Never seen worse than our roads!

You'll have a soar bum from clanching everytime you hit a bump on the roads here... :lol:

Woah! November!!! :o Wow, well, I hope you do some streching and warm-up before you see her!

:D

Ive been stretching daily for the last week already ;)

There may be a minor earthquake measured on the 25th Im thinking, lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.