Veronik

Approved November Filers - The Wait for Interview

651 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, it actually took them almost the full 2 weeks after the interview to send it, I dont think May 24 and Memorial day holidays helped that any since the consular folks get both Canadian and US holidays off.

Im planning to POE June 30, my fiancee will be here on the 24th, we are going to finish cleaning and final packing of my place, load my stuff at Upack, dump whatever I cant take due to space requirements then if everything is clean, head out to drive to Santa Maria, CA. Im thinking on making my POE at Sarnia/BlueWater Bridge, no idea if its a good/bad place to POE or not yet though.

My fiance' is planning to POE on June 29 or 30 at Sarnia/Port Huron. From some reviews I have read it is a pretty good place to POE. A few people missed getting their I-94 entry/exit record so you must want to make sure you get yours but pretty painless other than that.

When i was still in the idea that i could import my car, i was supposed to POE at Sarnia/Port Huron. I read so many reviews, what i can say is that it seems to be a good place, as lilacvioletiris said, but they don't do a lot of K-1 visa, so just make sure you know what you have to give them and what they are supposed to give you back, to be sure you don't miss anything! It's gonna look like you know more than them i know haha :whistle:

My fiancé is coming today, he's actually on the plane!! To burlington, VT.... So it's today that i try to cross the border without activating my visa, i'll let you guys know how it went :)

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, it actually took them almost the full 2 weeks after the interview to send it, I dont think May 24 and Memorial day holidays helped that any since the consular folks get both Canadian and US holidays off.

Im planning to POE June 30, my fiancee will be here on the 24th, we are going to finish cleaning and final packing of my place, load my stuff at Upack, dump whatever I cant take due to space requirements then if everything is clean, head out to drive to Santa Maria, CA. Im thinking on making my POE at Sarnia/BlueWater Bridge, no idea if its a good/bad place to POE or not yet though.

Well good luck with everything! I'm sure it'll be ok. Wow, talk about a long drive though! Better think of road games to play while driving! Oh well, I'm sure you guys will have plenty to talk about :yes:

When i was still in the idea that i could import my car, i was supposed to POE at Sarnia/Port Huron. I read so many reviews, what i can say is that it seems to be a good place, as lilacvioletiris said, but they don't do a lot of K-1 visa, so just make sure you know what you have to give them and what they are supposed to give you back, to be sure you don't miss anything! It's gonna look like you know more than them i know haha :whistle:

My fiancé is coming today, he's actually on the plane!! To burlington, VT.... So it's today that i try to cross the border without activating my visa, i'll let you guys know how it went :)

How come you can't import you car?

Good luck crossing the border! Let us know how it went!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

- mandaNchris (April 16th) : 58 days

- Rose416 (April 16th ?) : 58 days

- Vero and Chris (April 26th): 47 days

- J & J (April 27th): 46 days

- Pasht (April 30th): 43 days

- Wishing (May 4th): 39 days

- Alaba (May 6th) : 37 days

- netguy (May 10th): 33 days

- Ken and Kate (May 11th): 32days

- Valerie78 (May 17th): 26 days

- nickbits (May 17th ?): 26 days

- Brenda2010 (May 19th): 24 days

Just keeping our list up to date! Hopefully we'll have some news by the end of the month for August!

Good luck to us!

:goofy:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

I found one more VJ user, Golden_State P3 logged in April 12.

also a new expiration date is now stamped on the I-134F forms, it now expires 5/31/2011

Link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

I'm planning to redo this one since I still have time!

Timeline

I found one more VJ user, Golden_State P3 logged in April 12.

also a new expiration date is now stamped on the I-134F forms, it now expires 5/31/2011

Link: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

I'm planning to redo this one since I still have time!

Golden_State had her interview on June 11th and was approved.

Vero and Chris, i left you a comment on your profile about why i can't import my car. And i sucessfully crossed the border today to pick up my fiancé at the Burlington airport! I just said i have a visa but don't want to activate it today. The guard told me: "you know you have to get married within 90 days of your entry and you can't leave the USA". I said yes i know! and he asked a couple other questions, even called someone (i believe it was maybe his superiors or i don't know). Asked me to open the trunk (as i knew it was going to be complicated crossing the border, i didn't have anything in my car just in case they were gonna be suspicious). I was shaking because i was so stressed, and even more because he was calling and i didn't want to be denied. At the end, he finally let me through. It wasn't too complicated, and the guard was very nice. I'm glad i was able to cross the border today, and i can finally worry about the real POE now :P

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Vero and Chris, i left you a comment on your profile about why i can't import my car. And i sucessfully crossed the border today to pick up my fiancé at the Burlington airport! I just said i have a visa but don't want to activate it today. The guard told me: "you know you have to get married within 90 days of your entry and you can't leave the USA". I said yes i know! and he asked a couple other questions, even called someone (i believe it was maybe his superiors or i don't know). Asked me to open the trunk (as i knew it was going to be complicated crossing the border, i didn't have anything in my car just in case they were gonna be suspicious). I was shaking because i was so stressed, and even more because he was calling and i didn't want to be denied. At the end, he finally let me through. It wasn't too complicated, and the guard was very nice. I'm glad i was able to cross the border today, and i can finally worry about the real POE now :P

Yeah! :dance: Glad it went well! You must be so happy your hubby's there with you!!! I can only guess what your plans are for the night! :P

Have a good POE on Friday!

Timeline

DOS and I are on a break... I need some air ;)

If anyone is calling and gets a date though, let us know!

Good luck!

Gave a call today at around 3pm, still no date :(

Jan 12, 2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

Jan 14, 2010 - NOA1 issued

Jan 20, 2010 - Touched

Jan 30, 2010 - NOA1 received in mail

Mar 22, 2010 - NOA2! 67 days after NOA1! #222 on Igor's List!

Mar 23, 2010 - Touched

Mar 24, 2010 - NVC Received Petition

Mar 26, 2010 - NVC Sent Petition to Montreal Consulate

Apr 01, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Petition

Apr 13, 2010 - Packet 3 Received

Apr 16, 2010 - Packet 3 Mailed

Apr 20, 2010 - Montreal Consulate Received Packet 3

May 11, 2010 - Packet 3 Logged

Jun 29, 2010 - Packet 4 Received !

Jul 12, 2010 - Medical !!

Aug 25, 2010 - Interview at Montreal Consulate !!! APPROVED !!!

Sep 08, 2010 - Port of Entry in Port Huron / Blue Water Bridge !!!

Sep 25, 2010 - Wedding Day !!!!

Nov 15, 2010 - AOS + EAD sent

Nov 23, 2010 - NOA1

Nov 24, 2010 - AOS + EAD touched

Jan 06, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2011 - EAD approved!

Mar 29, 2011 - GREEN CARD INTERVIEW! APPROVED !!!

Apr 07, 2011 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!

Mar 11, 2013 - ROC sent

Timeline

Well, flight booked, leaving in 10 days! Yeah!

Here's our list:

- mandaNchris (April 16th) : 60 days

- Rose416 (April 16th ?) : 60 days

- Vero and Chris (April 26th): 49 days

- J & J (April 27th): 48 days

- Pasht (April 30th): 45 days

- Wishing (May 4th): 41 days

- Alaba (May 6th) : 39 days

- netguy (May 10th): 35 days

- Ken and Kate (May 11th): 34days

- Valerie78 (May 17th): 28 days

- nickbits (May 17th ?): 28 days

- Brenda2010 (May 19th): 26 days

It'll be hard to worry about a date when I see my hubby! 'Til then, maybe we'll get dates for August this week! Calling on Friday only though - surprising on my part, right?

Admire your self-control Vero and Chris (btw, are you Vero, or Chris?). Just noticed you'll be going to Virginia...I'll be right next door in Maryland. Kinda funny...first neighbouring provinces, then neighbouring states...!

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Timeline

Hahaha, me, self-controlled! :rofl:

No, I was advised by several members on here to let it go before they put me in a mental hospital, and I took the advice seriously!

I just gave up on July, and figured I'd go for a visit and enjoy the beach while I can! This way, they can give me a date in November for all I care! But, a date in August would be greatly appreciated...

Maryland! Awesome, we'll be close! And I'm Vero, Véronique to be more precise!

Has anyone had to change their wedding plans because of Montreal being slow?

My financee and I are going to elope is Vegas after she has her visa, so timing isn't critical for us. But I imagine this process is hell on people who want real weddings.

Timeline

Yep, I had to! We have a week booked at a beach in South Carolina with all the family, and were planning on doing it then. Well, that's not gonna happen now! We'll go to the beach anyways, but no wedding yet!

I'm sure I'm not the only one though...

By the way, craziest thing... I was checking flights two days ago, and they were around 830$... Went online today to book one, and they were down to 430$! How lucky can you get! HA!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.