Veronik

Approved November Filers - The Wait for Interview

651 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, I also called and nothing yet. The lady was very nice even though I could barely understand her. She said that several people were in this situation - no...really? - and that my file looked beautiful, but that Montreal has been backlogged for 6 months. So, I don't think she meant we'll wait 6 months for dates, that wouldn't make sense...

Let's keep our hopes up! I mean, the last people to have been logged in/interview dates were people from March. So, I don't see why we would have to wait much longer for a date, and hopefully it'll be for July...

Alright, well I'm gonna call again tomorrow... There's no point in me saying I'll only call 3 times a week, I'm so stessed with this B.S. that I'm calling everyday now...

Here's our list again, with how many days we've all been waiting for a date...

- mandaNchris (April 16th) : Been waiting for interview date for 53 days

- Rose416 (April 16th ?) : Been waiting for interview date for 53 days

- Vero and Chris (April 26th): Been waiting for interview date for 42 days

- J & J (April 27th): Been waiting for interview date for 41 days

- Pasht (April 30th): Been waiting for interview date for 38 days

- Wishing (May 4th): Been waiting for interview date for 34 days

- Alaba (May 6th) : Been waiting for interview date for 32 days

- netguy (May 10th): Been waiting for interview date for 28 days

- Ken and Kate (May 11th): Been waiting for interview date for 27 days

- Valerie78 (May 17th): Been waiting for interview date for 21 days

- nickbits (May 17th ?): Been waiting for interview date for 21 days

- Brenda2010 (May 19th): Been waiting for interview date for 19 days

Wow, it's even more depressing to look at it this way, isn't it!!!

:wacko:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Yep, I also called and nothing yet. The lady was very nice even though I could barely understand her. She said that several people were in this situation - no...really? - and that my file looked beautiful, but that Montreal has been backlogged for 6 months. So, I don't think she meant we'll wait 6 months for dates, that wouldn't make sense...

Let's keep our hopes up! I mean, the last people to have been logged in/interview dates were people from March. So, I don't see why we would have to wait much longer for a date, and hopefully it'll be for July...

Alright, well I'm gonna call again tomorrow... There's no point in me saying I'll only call 3 times a week, I'm so stessed with this B.S. that I'm calling everyday now...

Here's our list again, with how many days we've all been waiting for a date...

- mandaNchris (April 16th) : Been waiting for interview date for 53 days

- Rose416 (April 16th ?) : Been waiting for interview date for 53 days

- Vero and Chris (April 26th): Been waiting for interview date for 42 days

- J & J (April 27th): Been waiting for interview date for 41 days

- Pasht (April 30th): Been waiting for interview date for 38 days

- Wishing (May 4th): Been waiting for interview date for 34 days

- Alaba (May 6th) : Been waiting for interview date for 32 days

- netguy (May 10th): Been waiting for interview date for 28 days

- Ken and Kate (May 11th): Been waiting for interview date for 27 days

- Valerie78 (May 17th): Been waiting for interview date for 21 days

- nickbits (May 17th ?): Been waiting for interview date for 21 days

- Brenda2010 (May 19th): Been waiting for interview date for 19 days

Wow, it's even more depressing to look at it this way, isn't it!!!

:wacko:

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for doing up the numbers there Vero. Yup...that is a loooonng list and a looooong wait. And no interview date yet here either. I called at the absolute last minue (4:50pm) and it was ringing until 5:05pm...so I guess they do answer after 5:00pm if you are still holding, I was wondering:-p

Good luck to all! And yes cocktails on Friday sounds good either way!!! :pop: Maybe a few snacks too...I have to admit chips and chocolate and all the good stuff has been starting to get the best of me, haha.

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

Sorry for the double post guys, I guess getting impatient and typing the 'add reply' twice will make it appear twice...

So I forgot to say that I asked the lady if she had any idea if Montreal was gonna skip July, and that's when she replied that there was no telling since Montreal has been backlogged for 6 months...

I'm giving them to the 18th, and if not, I'm flying home on the 23rd, f*** it, might as well try to enjoy my summer with my love instead of waiting around getting depressed about dates!

Cocktails on Friday it is then! Either way! And snacks too, nachos are the BEST with a cold one! And I say if we get dates close together and if some of you will be staying in Montreal for the night, we all have 'live' cocktails to celebrate our approvals!

Keep you all posted tomorrow anyways!

Cheers!

Timeline

Yes! That would be very cool to have close-ish interview dates and meet for cocktails!!

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

Good Morning!

Good luck to everyone who will be calling today, I know I am!

Hopefully we'll hear something soon so we can all be with our loved ones! Has anyone heard from CR-1 people? Have they gotten more interviews for July?

Oh, well, have a good day ya'll!

:thumbs:

If dates work I would love to meet up with you guys for live snacks and cocktails! By then, what with all the virtual practice, I'll be the fat drunk in the corner!! :)

I've decided I'm not going to call today. I won't, I won't, I won't!

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Timeline

Gosh, I haven't been this depressed in a loooonnnnng time. I don't even know what to do anymore, I feel like calling is pointless now even though I will anyways...

I don't understand how they can let us hang like this for so long... I don't underdtand why they would skip July even though that's what it seems they're doing... I wonder now when we will get our interview, August, September? :unsure:

We've filed in November, and now I'm worried that the whole process is going to take a full year and I'm depressed as hell...

I miss Chris and our dog soooo bad, and I can't stand being away anymore, I wish there was a pill I could take and sleep it off and wake up the morning of the interview...

:cry:

Timeline

Oh Vero I hear you! But we've gotta stay positive and use this time to spend with friends and family at home. Enjoy part of the Canadian summer!! I don't want to look back on this time before the interview and think that I just wasted it away. Keep thinking positive everyone, its going to come soon!! (L)

I know the wait sucks, Ive been there too, but its likely you are causing yourself even more stress by building yourself up and calling every day. Its like watching a toaster or a pot of water boiling, your perception slows down and it seems to take forever!

Id suggest checking no more than 2x a week if I thought you would heed the advice, focus on other things for a bit, and it will all come together for you :)

I agree Supportgeek. Also I found making up my own pretend date does wonders to manage my expectations...for example, mine's July 29th. Crazy, I know, but it works/helps me manage my expectations.

Also, I've decided I'm not moving down till December so the summer interview date is really inconsequential - at least I hope it'll happen before then. Dear Lord...

Chin up Vero, this too shall pass.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know the wait sucks, Ive been there too, but its likely you are causing yourself even more stress by building yourself up and calling every day. Its like watching a toaster or a pot of water boiling, your perception slows down and it seems to take forever!

Id suggest checking no more than 2x a week if I thought you would heed the advice, focus on other things for a bit, and it will all come together for you :)

I forced myself when I was waiting to only call once a week. Otherwise it was just to stressful.

Then there is the wait for Montreal to put the xpresspost envelope in the mail. Man that totally screwed me up for 8 days knowing that my fiance' was approved but he still didn't have his documents back! I was on pins and needles waiting for the tracking number to finally be put in the system. Then it was delivered within 36 hours of being posted. It was a crazy wait. I am praying that you guys will hear some news at least for some of you this week, maybe even today. I was thinking that the machine readable visa fee "update" was what was holding up the interview dates, but that date has passed so I am sure Montreal will be on it soon for July dates. Don't be surprised when someone with a date in May of being logged gets an interview date earlier in July. I seemed like the person assigning interview dates when in reverse order of date logged (going down the accumulated pile perhaps) for those of us logged in February and March. March people got earlier May dates and February people got later May dates. Remember nothing is first in, first out with Montreal.

Hello,

This is a question to all the Ontario people who got there long form birth certificate.

I got my long form birth certificate at the end of 2009. I've been reading a lot lately about what the birth certificate is sapost to look like... and now it's making me wonder..lol

They sent me a long paper with a certified photostatic print of a record.. it is from the office of the registrar general of Ontario.. it has all my registration numbers and certificate numbers on it, with the date it was issued and filed. In the middle of the form it is just a photocopy of what my mom filled out on a form when I was born and then at the very bottom it does say it is a certified copy with a signature of the deputy registrar general and it has a sealed stamp...

I'm guessing this is plenty enough.. I was just expecting to actually have a actual print out of a certificate.

Anyone else's like this????

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

J & J: hope someone can answer you question! I'm from the Belle Province, so I'm useless in this case!

Called at 4:00, nothing yet... Just to let you know!

Better luck tomorrow :huh: !

Timeline

Hello,

This is a question to all the Ontario people who got there long form birth certificate.

I got my long form birth certificate at the end of 2009. I've been reading a lot lately about what the birth certificate is sapost to look like... and now it's making me wonder..lol

They sent me a long paper with a certified photostatic print of a record.. it is from the office of the registrar general of Ontario.. it has all my registration numbers and certificate numbers on it, with the date it was issued and filed. In the middle of the form it is just a photocopy of what my mom filled out on a form when I was born and then at the very bottom it does say it is a certified copy with a signature of the deputy registrar general and it has a sealed stamp...

I'm guessing this is plenty enough.. I was just expecting to actually have a actual print out of a certificate.

Anyone else's like this????

My long form birth certificate looks like that too. It doesn't look official, but it is.

Edited by Rose416

AOS

POE @ Toronto Pearson - 08/12/10

Civil Ceremony - 08/27/10

Applied for SSN in married name - 09/06/10 (I was told it will take 4 weeks to get the background check cleared and an additional 2 weeks to receive my card)

AOS/EAD/AP sent with FedEx - 09/25/10

E-Notice From Chicago - 10/05/10

I-797C, NOA1 Received - 10/08/10

SSN card received (FINALLY!)- 10/23/10

Biometrics appointment - 10/28/10

EAD Approved - 11/19/10 (USCIS Website Notice)

AP Approved & Received - 11/22/10

EAD Received- 11/23/10

Interview - 02/07/11 APPROVED!

I am now a U.S. Permanent Resident!!

My K1 Journey can be found on the 'About Me' page

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.