Florianns Man

Retiring in the Philippines

162 posts in this topic

ANYWHERE on Mindanao isn't looking to good for future retirement. Abu and MILF don't make the best neighbors.

Not that bad I guess if you don't "lose your head".

Plenty of people in this world walk around with out their head attached. What else is new?

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of people in this world walk around with out their head attached. What else is new?

:rofl: Sad but VERY true. More like their head up their puwit!! At least they won't get it chopped off there!!! :bonk::whistle:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Just not sure how you managed to only pay 775 for a years worth of electric service, we have one aircon unit in our bedroom and only run it at night and our electric bill is 75.00 a month ? we have no major appliances except a ref and a tv wow.gif

Nothing was mentioned about aircon or major appliance(s) if one looks at it from a logical point the cost of electric service is not that far off from yours, I’m sure location, demand and the going rate varies, or perhaps better at managing utilities then you? Who Knows.

Try retiring at MAGUINDANAO, TAWI-TAWI, BASILAN OR JOLO

Cotobato also seems to be getting a LOT of action at this time. I recently helped a friend [his pinay wife do a DCF]who had lived there for 12+ years get back here.

He is/was a puti pastor there. Muslims and pastors don't mix to well there. He got burned out patching bulletholes in his truck.

CO at their interview hardly asked any questions at all as USEM wants Americans out of Mindanao and told him so.

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I will strongly disagree. Davao is probably the safest big city in Philippines for Americans.

Dakine, on 18 April 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:ANYWHERE on Mindanao isn't looking to good for future retirement. Abu and MILF don't make the best neighbors.

I agree you don’t want to mess with a M.I.L.F. In your neighborhood, especially if she’s married!rofl.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will strongly disagree. Davao is probably the safest big city in Philippines for Americans.

Without Duterte the safety might not last too long.

04/02/2010 I-129f Sent

04/06/2010 I-129f Received

04/07/2010 NOA1

04/09/2010 Touched and check cashed

06/14/2010 Touched!!

06/14/2010 I-129f Approved!!

09/1/2010 Interview Approved!!

Dangerous zone :lol:

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

Dangerous zone :lol:

:P :P :P

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

YEP it is NOW! But! Anywhere in Mindanao isn't looking to good for FUTUREretirement.

Would you take a drive from Davao to Zamboanga City? Would you want to be stuck in Davao and not be able to cruise the rest of Mindanao?

I/we cruise all over the other islands without to much worry. Yeah not Basilan or Zulu.

My wife owns 20 hectares in Kabasalan and we or her relatives can't eevn visit it for fear of "losing our heads".

Anyone want to buy it cheap and retire there :bonk: . Proberty is near the beach and loaded with avocado and mangoe trees.

:P :P :P

so TRY GOIN TO QUEZON :dancing::jest::P^_^

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She already tried make me move there this year.HAHAH!I like to go but we both young.I give it some time when we older and wiser.I missed being in Davao and Digos.I was there for 2 months and did not want to leave.

"Yesterday's the past and tomorrow's the future. Today is a gift - which is why they call it the present."

Believe in yourself.!!

12/24/2006 : Meet Online

2/3/2007 : Officially Boyfriend and Girlfriend

3/7/2009 : Meet Arlyn in Manila

10/15/2009 : Mail I-129F package to Vermont Service Center

10/20/2009 : NOA1

2/01/2010 : NOA2 Approved

3/10/2010 : New NOA2 (Amended and re-approved)

3/17/2010 : Received by NVC

3/20/210 : NVC sent to U.S Embassy in Manila

3/29/2010 : U.S Embassy receive petition

04/19-20/2010 : Medical at Saint Luke's (Passed)

04/27/2010 : Interview at Embassy (Approved)

5/1/2010 : VISA

5/28/2010 : Flight Date

My hubby and i planning our future retirement in the Phil.somewhere in Pangasinan. Maybe near the beach :thumbs: But will see,we are still young so we might change our mind in the long run.. :lol:

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

Filed: Timeline

Dakine, on 18 April 2010 - 01:08 PM, said:ANYWHERE on Mindanao isn't looking to good for future retirement. Abu and MILF don't make the best neighbors.

I agree you don’t want to mess with a M.I.L.F. In your neighborhood, especially if she’s married!rofl.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Agree too.... very Dangerous to mess with a M.I.L.F , especially if you are "above" a certain age.... :devil: :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.