ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, but where's this list/address that we post to? SOmetone needs to quote it or something -- put it in their signature for a bit.

Tell me where to go and I'll give the pertinent details!

:D

I also like the idea of writing VJ names on the post card as well, Ant. :thumbs: I'll give all necessary info with the contact info.

Also, re: themes, I think an EARTH theme for April's upcoming Earth Day would be fun. So anything landscape/nature/flowers related. This one should be easy :) And for writing... hmm... Write anything, but you have to use the word 'sun' at some point in the postcard. :star: lol How's that? B-)

For anyone interested right now, here's my list as of this morning (This is the most updated list, I'd been hearing from people throughout the day yesterday, so I will post a new list tomorrow, just so this thread can focus on ideas, and not lists!):

CONFIRMED:

Ant+D+BabyA

ashenflowers

Canadiandggal

CdnMN

Colleens

Dan and Ali

Hugglebuggles

Kathryn41

Kayla*Mathew

lilacvioletiris

OBX

Pauley

sdw

steflovesbran

Need info:

Bern.

Christi and Ian

leonsgal70

lgg

tHund3r

Wyatt's Torch

Y&E

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Other Timeline

Lgg-Here is the info here, from Ashenflowers...

Hope this helps too...

Ant

So, I was gonna PM this to everyone, but then I was like 'dang, that's time-consuming' cause I'd have to do one at a time, so I figured I'd post it here, and hope you guys will answer. LOL If I don't hear from some ppl I will PM them before I do the 1st draw.

Hurray! I'm excited to start this. :)

Here is "Generic Postcard Msg Questionnaire Thingie #1":

To help me figure out how to facilitate the best way to approach this task, please answer the following Qs for me. Either just reply here, or feel free to PM me, or email VJPostCards@gmail.com (yeah that's right... I set up a separate email for this... I'm hardcore).

Thanks so much!

* Are you willing to send postcards to both Canada AND the U.S. (and possibly elsewhere if other VJers get involved as well)?

* How long do you want to participate in this? Once a month until it dies off, or would you prefer to only send one or two postcards? Please be specific.

* When is your birthday? I'll let the sender know during the draw of the month of your birthday, and maybe you'll get a 'special' card!? ;)

* Do you prefer to be contacted via email or VJ PM? Please PM me your email address if you prefer that.

* Please PM or email me your mailing address. If you will be moving soon, please PM the one that would be current for the month of April. I will let everyone know ahead of time when the next random postcard draw is (likely around the 1st of the month), and future address changes can be made any time.

* Please know that I will give your address to NO ONE except the person(s) randomly selected to send a postcard to you. These 'guidelines' and method of play may change at any time. I am not held responsible for any postcards that you receive that you don't like. :P

* Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

* P.S.: Yay!

* P.P.S.: DON'T post your address in this thread. PLEASE only PM me or EMAIL your addresses to me. Thanks! :thumbs:

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Maybe I can put the postcard themes in my siggie each month so that it's easy to access and a good reminder! ? yes/no?

haha, I wrote that before reading lgg's post. Thanks for reposting the thingie Ant! lol ;) I was thinking about posting the email address in my siggie, but I didn't want to get spammed :lol:

uh... what else... oh yeah! I was thinking future themes could include writing limericks, haikus, favourite quotes.. etc.. hahaha... :thumbs: ahhh this is gonna be fun!!!! :dance:

Oh, and the list is alphabetical ;) You get to stay first Ant! lol!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Other Timeline

Ashenflowers-Good idea about the theme in your signature...Lol...That way we all won't forget...;)

Lol..Just as long as you keep on posting on this message thread...Then we'll be reminded...

On that note, I see your new siggy....:) Cool!

April's Postcard Theme

Card: EARTH

Writing: "Sun"

Sure beats immigration only info on the signatures, I can tell you that!

One more thing..Maybe you can post a link on your signature to this message thread too...

For example, VJ Postcard Exchange: (insert link here...)

That way if other VJers are interested, they can read more about the postcard project here as well (but you won't get spammed)...Just an idea....

I like the future themes/ideas too..Sounds good to me! And yes, do post those later on..Can't wait! :dance: too...

Lol..Ashenflowers comes before Ant+D+BabyA....;) (lol..at least in my mind, anyways...)...Whatever works for you is good..

Ant

Maybe I can put the postcard themes in my siggie each month so that it's easy to access and a good reminder! ? yes/no?

haha, I wrote that before reading lgg's post. Thanks for reposting the thingie Ant! lol ;) I was thinking about posting the email address in my siggie, but I didn't want to get spammed :lol:

uh... what else... oh yeah! I was thinking future themes could include writing limericks, haikus, favourite quotes.. etc.. hahaha... :thumbs: ahhh this is gonna be fun!!!! :dance:

Oh, and the list is alphabetical ;) You get to stay first Ant! lol!

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

I think I'll "opt out" of this.

I was cool with it being just a straight postcard exchange etc., but getting into "themes" and stuff isn't really my thing. Sorry!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Well there's no obligation to do themes if you don't want to. You definitely don't HAVE to do the theme. It's just for people who need or want some inspiration on what to send out. But I know you also weren't sure about participating once a month anyways, so phooey on you :P LOL

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Timeline

Awwww. I was thinking this would be really fun to participate in but I don't want to put my full name out there..... I would have gone with "Krikit", though. :hehe: I know I have sent and received postcards using 1st names only, but are you guys saying that the USPS won't deliver if there's no first and last name? unsure.gif

I was also put off with the "control-freak" type input. Sorry. sad.gif

iagree.gif

I was also put off with the "control-freak" type input. Sorry.

:yes:

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Timeline

Canadiandggal-Lol...Me too...

I like to see people who are commonly connected in some way or other,

(now you see why I hang around the VJ Canada forum quite often....lol..)

Lol..I didn't like the mega-city merge either....

But when I said North York..Everyone thought I meant New York....

So I found it easier to say...Toronto....

And I'm pretty sure that everyone knows where Toronto is....

Lol....But now that I'm New York State....Everyone thinks it's New York City...(but it isn't)......

Lol..Wait until you get a postcard from me...It gets even worse....lol....People think I'm from.....(you'll have to see)...

Hope you get to the USA soon too...Btw, which state are you moving to when you get here?

By the way, as for the Toronto/North York...Actually, I preferred the way it was before North York..

Yes...Even North York was 'big' compared to the small towns/neighbourhoods it was before...

Small Town/Neighbourhoods--->North York (and 6 other Toronto cities)--->Toronto (1 big mega-city)...:)

Confusing, isn't it? But yes, North York got swallowed up and became Toronto..Sad, really.....:(

You (and others) can read some more about North York/Toronto here....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_York,_Ontario

And about Toronto Neighbourhoods here..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_neighbourhoods_in_Toronto

And it's interesting too, you can write to someone in Toronto, using 3 different cities/town names, and it will still get there!

For example, you can write to someone in Town/Neighbourhood, North York, or Toronto, and it's the same! The postcard will get there....Lol...

(but yes, Canaddiandggal..You prefer North York...no problem..I'll make a note of that.....lol...)

Ant

Yes I like callingg it north york as I get confused with all the small cities that are actuaLly in toronto, I lived in oshawa up until oct 2008 so I still haven't explored toronto to the fullest.

As of now we will be moving to maryland when approved however we might head our way to arizona as of november. Use to plan maryland then eventrually new york to be close to my family but I have decided that we can visit no matter where we live.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Timeline

Mimico.... this stop. Mimico. :P

I don't know about anyone else, but I and everyone else I know, refer to all the boroughs which were incorporated into the GTA as what they were before they were incorporated into the GTA. Even the specific areas of the city are still ID'd as such.... Rosedale.... The Beaches.... The Annex.... Cabbagetown.....

iagree.gif

Awwww. I was thinking this would be really fun to participate in but I don't want to put my full name out there..... I would have gone with "Krikit", though. :hehe: I know I have sent and received postcards using 1st names only, but are you guys saying that the USPS won't deliver if there's no first and last name? unsure.gif

I was also put off with the "control-freak" type input. Sorry. sad.gif

I didn't think they would deliver to just first names, but if they do then that's great! :star: A month or two ago I was getting stuff from Canada (from the government no less, about EI) in my maiden name, they wrote a big question mark on the envelope, so that kinda scared me. lol I'm in an apt building and we just have one area where all the mailboxes are though... I've never actually seen or talked to my mailman/woman unfortunately so I have since had my maiden name added to the label on the box.

I'd be fine will just first names, depending on what people think will work, and what they're comfortable with. I guess that's something that could definitely be up to everyone's individual discretion and mail experiences. I don't want anyone to feel pressured, or for it to be unfun for anyone! :) I know when I was in college I sent a few things back to my parents addressed to "Mom and Dad (lastname)" :lol: and they got them!

For anyone else wondering too, I really don't want a lot of rules on this. Just a fun random monthly draw of names, and postcard exchanges. If you want it addressed to your VJ name, or just first name, that would be fine! And if you don't want to take part in themes, that's also fine! :)

I do think this will be really fun, and I'm grateful so many people agree and have shown interest!! I just don't want anyone dropping out for reasons like that. It makes Sir Finnegan Walter O'Malley sad :(

sad ---> 25784_414537342109_508722109_5769426_2431032_n.jpg

hahah jk... he was not sad when I took that, he was in fact purring. But really.. what new kitty picture doesn't cheer ppl up :luv:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

I just wanna send a postcard with a Hai on it or something... I'm not really into all the fancy-schmancy verbosity-laden theme-driven schemes.

Can I just send a post card?

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

I just wanna send a postcard with a Hai on it or something... I'm not really into all the fancy-schmancy verbosity-laden theme-driven schemes.

Can I just send a post card?

:lol: Yes! Absolutely! Feel free to just send a post card! :yes:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've actually received mail here with just my first name on it, or my husband's and my first names - in fact, we've also received mail addressed to Nana Kathryn and Papa Joe from our grandkids with no last names listed. I think our postman likes us :lol:. Since I kept my maiden name people are unsure of which name to use so tend not to use a last name at all, however, I have no problem with my full name being accessible so did send it. :)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

In theory, one could just change one's screen name to "Occupant"... :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.