ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any movement on this? Are we doing a September exchange?

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe that due to the change in "head person" we are not doing the exchange till October. Although I was prepared for Sept :P

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Oh good, more time to find an over-priced post card, haha.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Update:

The good news:

First and foremoremost....The postcard exchange will be running again in October!

I currently have access to the VJ poscards e-mail account, and I will be sending you all an e-mail, confirming your participation in the exchange...So look out for that soon (in the next 1-2 weeks).

And to those of you who in the past exchange who don't have an e-mail address listed and/or have updated information, can you please e-mail the vj postcards account with that info...Thanks...vjpostcards@gmail.com (I think)

All future correspondences for the exchange will be by e-mail only (as I can't access PM anymore)...

The bad news:

I only have internet access 1-2 times a week at the library..

As my telephone line and dial up internet was cut off this week (long story..will explain in another thread...)

So I will do as much as I can offline and with the limited amount of time I have on the internet

Nevetheless, I'll still get the postcard exchange going!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Ant (VJ postcards co-ordinator)

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

Update:

I've sent out the confirmation e-mails this week..

Thanks to those who have responded already....:)

So far so good, keep those responses coming!

And to those who haven't responded....

You still have time to do such (until October 1), in order to be part of the October and onwards exchanges.....

And to those who haven't provided an e-mail address, please send it to vjpostcards@gmail.com, as again, that will be the main way of communication for the postcard exchange..

Meanwhile, the draw will still be done on the first week of the month....

And yes, the participants will receive the results of that via e-mail....

Since I don't have a cat...

My baby son will do the draw...

How?...

One word: Binkys!

Lol....I'll explain more later...But yeah, it's going to be completely random!

Stay tuned for updates via VJ posts and by e-mail....

Until then..Happy Postcarding!

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Bump...Update..

So far we have 4 participants signed up for the October exchange...But there is still room for more!

All are welcomed...:)

Just send an e-mail to vjposcards@gmail.com for more info....

And for those of you who still haven't replied to the e-mail that was sent...You have until October 1 to so do....

The October draw will be during the first week of October (sometime between October 1-5)....So sign up/confirm soon....

See you all in October!

Meanwhile I'm in the midst of making more homemade postcards.....It will be fun to send all those orange/red/yellow cards!

Happy sending and receiving everyone!

Ant

Update...

October is fast approaching...

And the draw will be next week.....(sometime between October 1st to October 5th)....

So there's still time to sign up until October 1st....

Until then, happy postcarding!

Ant

Hi Everyone,

Update:

Ok...The draw for October 2010 has been done! :)

To all you postcard partipants: You should be receiving an e-mail soon regarding your postcard contact!

Happy Postcarding!

Ant

P.S. Hope to see you all for the November 2010 draw too! If you want to be included, you can sign up for that too...(you have until November 1st to do such..)

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Timeline

Thanks Ant!

My October recipient should be getting a postcard soon - it is going out in today's mail.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Thanks Ant!

My October recipient should be getting a postcard soon - it is going out in today's mail.

Kathryn-You're welcome...:)

Hope your postcard recipient gets their card soon too..

Update (To my postcard recipient)....

Just to let you know that I'll be sending my homemade postcard out this week....

It has some nice scenery on it, with the fall colours at its peak in this area....

So whoever gets my card should be getting it soon..

So watch out for that in your mailbox....(my guess is that you'll get it by next week..)

Happy postcarding everyone! :) And yes, feel free to post your postcarding updates too...

Ant

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Ant!

I got a postcard today! Guess from who? hehe

Thank you very much :) I cannot wait to spend the fall in the states.

My postcard was sent out yesterday so it should be there in a week.

:)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

I got a postcard today! Guess from who? hehe

Thank you very much :) I cannot wait to spend the fall in the states.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

I just got my October 2010 postcard this week (Monday)...:)

Thank you, Canadiandggal! :star:

It was a postcard of the 'Ripley's Believe It Or Not' museum sign on the front of it. My guess is that this was from the museum in Niagara Falls, Canada . Lol..I haven't been to that museum before, but one of these days I'll have to check that out....The sign is kind of funny, with the mechanical man moving up and down the building....There are so many things to do in Niagara Falls, indeed!

Thanks too, for the Thanksgiving and fall greetings. I agree, time does fly by with children...They grow up so quickly!

Wishing you and your family all the best for the Fall and the rest of the year too!

Ant

P.S. Speaking of postcards...Did mine make it to its destination?....Just wondering.... :unsure:

As for the November 2010 exchange...

Anyone else interested? You have until November 1st to sign up.....

Until then...Happy postcarding, everyone!

Ant

Timeline

Update...

P.S. Speaking of postcards...Did mine make it to its destination?....Just wondering.... :unsure:

As for the November 2010 exchange...

Anyone else interested? You have until November 1st to sign up.....

Until then...Happy postcarding, everyone!

Ant

Thank you Ant, your post card arrived today! I got one of Ant's homemade postcards showing rolling hills and autumn coloured trees in the background and lots and lots and lots of pumpkins all waiting to be made into jack-o-lanterns in the foreground. Ant said this was taken in her neighbourhood - and yes, I can see her house nestled against the trees in the distance. Thanks Ant - a great card!

Yes, please include me again in the November exchange. Since it is Thanksgiving month in the US, maybe a theme could be something we are thankful for or something we appreciate? Or maybe, something to eat?

Edited by Kathryn41

Thank you Ant, your post card arrived today! I got one of Ant's homemade postcards showing rolling hills and autumn coloured trees in the background and lots and lots and lots of pumpkins all waiting to be made into jack-o-lanterns in the foreground. Ant said this was taken in her neighbourhood - and yes, I can see her house nestled against the trees in the distance. Thanks Ant - a great card!

Yes, please include me again in the November exchange. Since it is Thanksgiving month in the US, maybe a theme could be something we are thankful for or something we appreciate? Or maybe, something to eat?

Kathryn41-You're welcome...Glad you like the card..:)

And yes, it was of my neighbourhood..

The farmer that grows them is a neighbour of ours...

We bought a couple of those pumpkins actually...

And some more neighbours gave us pumpkins..

Lol...We have too many pumpkins around here...lol...

Lol..lots of carving to do, I suppose....

As for the November exchange...

I'll send an e-mail to everyone about that..

In the meantime, yes, it is still on..

And anyone else who wants to join...e-mail to vjposcards@gmail.com....by November 1

As for November themes...

Good idea for thankful and appreciation and food theme...:)

Ok..

So for November themes so far..

-Thankfulness/appreciation...

-Food/things to eat...

-Other/Anything goes...Choose your own theme...

Happy thanksgiving and postcarding, everyone!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.