ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

First let me say that guidelines ARE a good idea to SOME extent. Such as everything we've already mentioned previously in this thread. Where to send the info, who to contact if you don't get a card (the SENDER first), what the theme is, try to send the card by the 20th of the month, etc. The difficulty and consumption of time comes with enforcement of said guidelines, and where to post said guidelines so they are always available (in this thread they will be and have been lost in the mix... I could start a postcard exchange website or something I suppose, but why??). I truly didn't think that something so simple as a postcard exchange amongst a SMALL group of people needed heavy guidelines. The postcrossing website is a different type of exchange, and runs on a different system, and includes literally THOUSANDS of people, in countries all over the world, with software in place to electronically track every card on the website... so of course there is more responsibility required with their guidelines, and they can not compare to this. We have currently 16 people on a self-maintained exchange with no software backing it up. Anyone feel like writing some computer code to support our exchange? I didn't think so.

Second, I don't have time for enforcement of this because I would like to focus on getting a job (I had an interview yesterday AND this afternoon which I just returned from, and would rather have spent my mind-power focusing on that rather than this... I was separately offered a part time position yesterday, so I'm sorry if my priorities are clearly on more important things), also.. taking some night classes this fall, and continuing other personal projects, like a family recipe book, hobbies, several blogs, and heck, spending time with my husband, and keeping in touch with friends/family back home. We ALL have lives. I appreciate you acknowledging that, and realizing that I would need help in this. That said, if you are so interested in these guidelines, why don't you have the time to enforce them? You are so passionate about making sure people send the cards, why can't you be the one to track them down?

Third, I'd sincerely appreciate feedback from the rest of the postcard exchange members. I have not heard whether other people feel it necessary to have such extensive guidelines on a very tiny exchange. I do think this is something that other people deserve a voice on as well.

Lastly... again, I will not be an enforcer, and I will not personally follow the path of every single card to make sure it reaches it's destination. That is NOT why I started this, and NOT what I am interested in spending my time on. I just wanted a simple, casual postcard exchange, and it does not appear that way anymore.

Also lastly lastly.. lol I am still no longer interested in participating in the exchange. If everyone else would like to, I will do whatever I can to transfer it over to a new leader to help it continue, because just me dropping out shouldn't mean that the exchange is over for everyone.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I tend to agree with Ashen's position. This is supposed to a fun exchange and while it can be a bit disappointing if your designated sender forgets you one month I don't even think even a pm is necessary. Move on to the next month and forget it. After the month is done if someone would like to list the exchange for that month - fine, if someone would like to volunteer to track who sends and who doesn't - fine; but a lengthy list of rules and regulations, as marilyn posted, makes it seem a chore rather than fun. I would rather have a larger group of casual participants than a small core group. After all wasn't the point to get cards from a wide variety of people and locations? Let's keep it simple and fun. :)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Ashenflowers-

I agree, guidelines are good to some extent...

Too many guidelines/rules are not good....But a few (such as those that I listed above) should be ok for this exchange...

Grant it, they shouldn't be the main focus, and it shouldn't be a problem...if everyone is following them.....

And if the postcard exchange gets bigger (which it has grown since from when we started, actually), then yes, that is more of a reason as to why guidelines are needed....

There needs to be something that we can all agree on and should be on the same page, regardless....

As it is fair and fun for all that way...

For example, if two people are playing monolopy, versus ten players, the rules are the same...

But without the rules it wouldn't be fun at all, as nobody would be playing the way it was supposed to be played...

Lol...And we'd have hotels and motels flying all over the board! Oh what a sight...rofl....

As for posting the guidelines/rules in a place that everyone can see them...

How about if we send the final copy as an e-mail to all the partipants?....

That way everyone gets it, and can always have a 'ready reference' when they need it....

As well, I can post it online, just in case some people who are interested can see too....

Yes, we all lives...I totally understand that...

Lol..In fact, I have a 1-yr old that I have to take care of and a husband and other family to care for.....oh and added to the household duties/chores, volunteering, hobbies/interests, etc, and other stuff in my life...yeah, life gets pretty hectic...And I'm sure others have similar responsibilities and jobs too.....Life is busy, indeed!

But one thing I do is make time for VJ....and I make time for the postcard exchange too..

Why? Because I have fun and enjoy such activities in my spare time.....

Lol..And yes, I enjoy sending and receiving postcards too!

If we want to we can make time for such activities......

If not, then that's ok...Everyone has different priorities in life....

Yours is work right now (congrats on the new job by the way) and other things, which is fine....

And I can understand that priorities change in life....

So I guess I can undersand that your priorities in life right now are not with this postcard exchange...

Which is ok if you want to leave, and that is taking some responsibility there in saying what you can and cannot handle at the present time....(though it will be sad to see you go....:(......)

I don't mind helping out with the postcard exchange, as I said before..

(just send me and anyone else interested an e-mail if you want to talk further about this to make the transfer process...)

However, I can only do so on a part-time basis too..As yes, I have a life too....lol....

As I (or anyone else) is not capable of doing all and everything at the same time....

But if we divide up the co-ordinating, then it will be easier that way..

Kind of like how VJ has many moderators to divide up the work, instead of just one moderator which would be overwhelmed...

I can help co-ordinate (I don't like the word leader, nor do I think of myself as one)....

If you can get a few other VJers to help with the co-ordination too..

Think of it as tag-teaming....and 'micro-managing', as you like to say....lol....

How about if we have a 'postcard co-ordination team' instead of just having one person in charge?....

We all work together as a team to make this exchange work.....;)

Overall, the postcard exchange should be fun, fair, and safe for all!

And I agree, it shouldn't be over just because you're not participating.....

Btw..You're still more than welcome to partipate....If in the future you still want to do such.....

Everyone-Yes, feel free to post your feedback about things too......:) It would definitely help there....

And whoever else is interested in being part of the postcard co-ordination team, feel free to post too......

We can all co-ordinate and make this happen....:)

Ant

P.S. Lol..On that note..I have to go make dinner....

In the meantime...Feel free to post your thoughts/ideas about things too.....

First let me say that guidelines ARE a good idea to SOME extent. Such as everything we've already mentioned previously in this thread. Where to send the info, who to contact if you don't get a card (the SENDER first), what the theme is, try to send the card by the 20th of the month, etc. The difficulty and consumption of time comes with enforcement of said guidelines, and where to post said guidelines so they are always available (in this thread they will be and have been lost in the mix... I could start a postcard exchange website or something I suppose, but why??). I truly didn't think that something so simple as a postcard exchange amongst a SMALL group of people needed heavy guidelines. The postcrossing website is a different type of exchange, and runs on a different system, and includes literally THOUSANDS of people, in countries all over the world, with software in place to electronically track every card on the website... so of course there is more responsibility required with their guidelines, and they can not compare to this. We have currently 16 people on a self-maintained exchange with no software backing it up. Anyone feel like writing some computer code to support our exchange? I didn't think so.

Second, I don't have time for enforcement of this because I would like to focus on getting a job (I had an interview yesterday AND this afternoon which I just returned from, and would rather have spent my mind-power focusing on that rather than this... I was separately offered a part time position yesterday, so I'm sorry if my priorities are clearly on more important things), also.. taking some night classes this fall, and continuing other personal projects, like a family recipe book, hobbies, several blogs, and heck, spending time with my husband, and keeping in touch with friends/family back home. We ALL have lives. I appreciate you acknowledging that, and realizing that I would need help in this. That said, if you are so interested in these guidelines, why don't you have the time to enforce them? You are so passionate about making sure people send the cards, why can't you be the one to track them down?

Third, I'd sincerely appreciate feedback from the rest of the postcard exchange members. I have not heard whether other people feel it necessary to have such extensive guidelines on a very tiny exchange. I do think this is something that other people deserve a voice on as well.

Lastly... again, I will not be an enforcer, and I will not personally follow the path of every single card to make sure it reaches it's destination. That is NOT why I started this, and NOT what I am interested in spending my time on. I just wanted a simple, casual postcard exchange, and it does not appear that way anymore.

Also lastly lastly.. lol I am still no longer interested in participating in the exchange. If everyone else would like to, I will do whatever I can to transfer it over to a new leader to help it continue, because just me dropping out shouldn't mean that the exchange is over for everyone.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with everyone :)

I think that it stinks to be that person who never gets their postcard but I also see how having rules and regulations might make it less fun to others. I do it for fun and I get very excited waiting to send off my postcards each month. I too have a life though.. Children, hobbies, household stuff but I still have sometime to do vj ;)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm with Ashen on this one. I am so sorry that you don't want to continue, Ashen, but I can understand. The postcard exchange should be a fun idea, and not a chore. Thank you for starting this up in the first place - I've enjoyed the participation. If someone else wants to take it over from you, then I would be happy to continue - but I don't think this should be a chore for anyone, nor do I have the time to do anything more than send out postcards. It is nice to get mail but sometimes it is just nice to do something nice without worrying about whether or not it is reciprocated. I love getting my postcards but I love sending them out even more. It has given me pleasure to send out a few extras when i have found out that someone didn't get a post card that month. I don't need to get one back for that - although it is nice if I do :) .

While I do agree that if someone commits to do something, that it is good for them to follow through but I also recognize that life does happen. I know some postcards were late because of marriages, of moving homes, of changing countries, of work responsibilities - and even not being able to find a postcard early on. It is also a very real possibility that some went missing in the mail system - of either country.

Good luck with the job interviews, too Ashen - I hope it works out exactly as you want.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your replies and feedback (and yes, I have read all the responses)......:)

I understand what you are all saying about not wanting too many rules with the exchange.....

And I understand too about keeping it fun.....

But it is not fun when people don't send and don't receive their cards....

Yes, the point of the exchange is to send and receive postcards, while having fun in the process....

What's the point of a postcard exchange, if nobody is sending and receiving their cards?.....That's not fun at all...

And for those of you who keep it fun by actually sending and receiving their cards....

Then that's fine....

No problems there at all...

And those type of people should be in the exchange.....

I see the problem in those that do not want to send their cards.....

Which is unfortunate, especially for those that do not receive their cards....

Which is why this needs to be monitored in some way or other, before people more people are disappointed....

I am sticking up for those people who did not receive their cards like they are supposed to....

And for the ones who have left/are leaving because of this.....

One or two cards, not received for a good reason, fine....

Things get lost in the mail, people have other life commitments..fine....

However, if there is a regular pattern of this non-sending/receiving cards...

That needs to be addressed right away.....

Pretty soon one card adds up to many cards not received....

Which leads to many disappointments....

And that is not what the exchange is about......

Which is why I suggested about the 'three strikes guideline' and other guidelines....

If a person does not send three cards to three different people and sent the card/replacement card within three months...

Then they should be out, as they are not fully participating in this exchange...

I agree, if someone signs up for something, they should follow through with it...

And it is through having guidelines that ensures that everyone does send and receive their cards like they are supposed to

I don't want to see too many rules/guidelines...

But a few simple/common sense ones for this exchange should be ok......

Again, if you send your cards and receive your cards, then it shouldn't be a problem....

And a person shouldn't take offense to that, as they are already following the guidelines by sending/receiving their cards..

What I like about the current postcard exchange:

-Seeing everyone have fun and be happy with the exchange

-Making, writing, and sending postcards (it sure does help get the creative juices flowing...)

-Receiving postcards (it sure beats getting bills and junk mail)

-Learning about different places all over the USA, Canada, and elsewhere, from the postcards

-Learning about all you VJers from a different perspective, through postcard writing, instead of just on the boards...

-Discussing about the postcards afterwards on the boards....

-etc...

What I don't like about the current postcard exchange:

-Seeing people unhappy and/or disappointed because the didn't receive their cards

-People who are dropping out/leaving because they did not receive their cards

-People who don't send their cards....If you sign up for something, follow through with it.....

-etc...

Which is why, for the most part, I do want to be in the postcard exchange, there are more positives than negatives...:)

As for the negatives, that can be changed/solved, with just a few guidelines, to make sure that we are all on the same page and people are actually sending/receiving their cards instead of being disappointed...

I'm sure you can think of your own reasons for being part of the exchange.....

Anyways, I do hope that this postcard exchange does continue, in some way or other...

It would be a loss, if this were to end.....

So let's keep it going, by starting over with some new changes...

What do you think?

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Everyone,

Ok...Let's try this again......

(Sample) "Everything you need to know about the VJ Postcard Exchange".......

1) Most important of all: Have fun! Enjoy the exchange!

2) How to get started: (if you are already in the exchange, skip this part)

E-mail VJ user "(insert co-ordinator's name here)" at: vjpostcards@gmail.com, with the following information:

-Name

-Mailing address

-Birthday (month and day)

-How long do you intend to participate for? Are you a "regular participant" (participating for more than six months/6 exchanges, or every month until you get everyone on the list or for even longer than that), or are you an "occasional participant" (participating for less than six months/6 exchanges).

-Are you're ok with sending anywhere in the US/Canada?

3) How the postcard exchange works:

-It is an exchange: You are both a sender and a receiver...Send a card, Receive a card...

-Sender: You send one (1) postcard a month. You will then get an e-mail once a month with the name/address of the person you are going to send a card to.

-Receiver: You receive one (1) postcard a month. You will receive a card from a sender.

-First week of the month/5th of the month: The drawing for the postcard names/addresses will be done on the first week of every month....

-By the 20th of the month: Postcards should be sent out on or before then, to make sure that everyone receives their cards on time by the end of the month

-You can write about anything on your postcards! Be creative!

-There are optional 'themes' as to writing ideas for the postcards....Feel free to use those, or feel free to come up with writing ideas and themes of your own too.

-At the end of the month, the sender/receiver list for the previous month will be posted, so as to keep track of things publically and to be able to thank the sender for receiving your card

4) Let's all play fair and fun:

-“We understand that sometimes life gets in the way and postcards do not get sent out in a timely fashion. That is okay, you can still send the postcard late. Just make sure that you send the postcard to arrive within a three months of the date that you received that particular receiver’s address”. For example, you have until April to send a card to the receiver’s address that you sent received in January. If you don’t send the card or a replacement card within three months, then it will be treated as strike.

-The 'three strikes rule': Play fair! Send a card, Receive a card...

If as a sender you do not send your card for three months to three different people in the exchange...

First and Second non-sent cards: You will be warned privately....

Third non-sent card: You will be permanently out of the exchange....

This is to ensure that everyone receives their cards is responsible and fully participating in the exchange....

5) 'I did not receive my card, what should I do?'

-First of all, private message (PM) your sender as to why you didn't receive your card....

“Traveling time depends on the postal system of the respective countries so while some postcards may arrive in 5 days, it is as common that postcards take over 30 days to arrive. If it has been well over 30 days, we advise you to contact the recipient of your postcard through private message and ask whether the postcard has arrived.”

-A replacement card should be sent by the sender to the receiver for any non-received cards. It is the responsibility of the sender to make sure that the receiver gets their card and send replacement cards accordingly....

-If that doesn't work...Then e-mail the exchange co-coordinator.....Then further appropriate action can be taken...

6) Privacy/Safety Issues:

-All address, names, and/or any other identifying or contact information will be kept confidential and in private, to be shared only amongst the participants and only used for the purposes of this VJ Postcard Exchange. We will not be held responsible for anything that may occur as a result of its use or misuse.

And that's it...:) That wasn't too hard, to have for the VJ postcard exchange, now was it?

What do you all think? Feel free to comment about these sample guidelines too...

Hope this helps. Happy postcarding, everyone!

Ant

but ant it seems like you might be the only one who is concerned about this.. so far people seem to be ok with how it is going

Marilyn-Which is fine....

After all, it's better to be concerned than it is not to be concerned...:)

In the end, I am looking out for everyone's best interests to make sure that they receive their cards..

I'm pretty sure you'd be disappointed too if someday or other in the exchange you didn't receive your cards.....

And I don't want this to happen to you or to anyone else in the exchange either.....

The other thing too...

People do say and post about when they don't receive their cards (read previous posts from other VJers...)....

And some people have left because they didn't receive their cards..which is disappointing...

Now they wouldn't be posting such if they seem to be ok with things.......

Just a thought....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn-Which is fine....

After all, it's better to be concerned than it is not to be concerned...:)

In the end, I am looking out for everyone's best interests to make sure that they receive their cards..

I'm pretty sure you'd be disappointed too if someday or other in the exchange you didn't receive your cards.....

And I don't want this to happen to you or to anyone else in the exchange either.....

The other thing too...

People do say and post about when they don't receive their cards (read previous posts from other VJers...)....

Now they wouldn't be posting such if they seem to be ok with things.......

Just a thought....

Ant

yeah I might be a little disappointed but it wouldn't be the end of the world ..lol and people have posted here who haven't received their cards and seem fine with it... stuff happens..

it is just a postcard, if you get one awesome but if you don't oh well...

i really think if you add rules even simple ones it takes the fun out of the exchange because now someone will have to keep track pf everything...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ant is not the only one concerned. I wouldn't want to be the person that did not get a postcard from lack of someone actually doing what they said they wanted to do, send me a card :) It is not fair. The above post really doesn't say or Imply much rules and regulations, I think that it makes sense to have some Guidelines of what to do, (sending a postcard should not be this Hard BTW) I mean write address, write letter on card, put stamp and send in mailbox. I am not entirely sure how postcards are getting forgotten but stuff does get lost frequently with the mail system. However in the case of something getting lost at least pipe up and let us know that it was sent out. I dont know! I would send everyone a card each month if I could. You really can not imagine how much i look forward to hear from someone other then a bill company. It is nice to read a postcard from somewhere other then here. Common guys lets just postcard it up :P

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Ant is not the only one concerned. I wouldn't want to be the person that did not get a postcard from lack of someone actually doing what they said they wanted to do, send me a card :) It is not fair. The above post really doesn't say or Imply much rules and regulations, I think that it makes sense to have some Guidelines of what to do, (sending a postcard should not be this Hard BTW) I mean write address, write letter on card, put stamp and send in mailbox. I am not entirely sure how postcards are getting forgotten but stuff does get lost frequently with the mail system. However in the case of something getting lost at least pipe up and let us know that it was sent out. I dont know! I would send everyone a card each month if I could. You really can not imagine how much i look forward to hear from someone other then a bill company. It is nice to read a postcard from somewhere other then here. Common guys lets just postcard it up :P

Canadiandggal-Thanks for being concerned too...:)

And yes, that shows that you do care about the exchange and want to participate in it....

And I wish more people in the exchange are like this too...

And hopefully there are and still people that are like this....As that's what makes the exchange fair and fun for everyone..

I agree, its not good or fair for someone to sign up for something and then back out on it..

Which is why some guidelines are needed, to make sure that everyone does their part in the exchange...

I agree too, that it's not that hard to write and send out a postcard..

Which is what baffles me as to why there have been numerous instances where cards were not sent and/or received...

One or two instances, fine....Again, things get lost, something else comes up in life...

And if there is some sort of explaination as to what happened so that something can be done about it...Fine...

But if there is a continued pattern, then there is something wrong there....

One can forget once or twice...But numerous times...Umm...Something is up here.....

Then this is where accountability and responsibility needs to be implemented....

And to those who are already following the guidelines...No problems..:)

But tho those who aren't...then something needs to be done about that, sooner than later...

Again, I don't want to see anyone disappointed in the exchange...That's all....

I look forward to sending and receiving postcards too, just like you and everyone else on the postcard exchange....

So let's just continue with the exchange...Postcard it up! :):thumbs:

Ant

I agree with Ant.

If you don't want to send post cards, then why participate in the exchange. It's not a requirement. I know I look forward to receiving them as well as sending them.

My August post card is going in the mail today, later than I had planned. Football is taking up all my free time these days.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

yeah I might be a little disappointed but it wouldn't be the end of the world ..lol and people have posted here who haven't received their cards and seem fine with it... stuff happens..

it is just a postcard, if you get one awesome but if you don't oh well...

i really think if you add rules even simple ones it takes the fun out of the exchange because now someone will have to keep track pf everything...

Marilyn-One postcard...Two postcards...Fine, it is not the end of the world..

But more than that....Well....It gets really disappointing.....

Again..What's the point of an exchange if people don't send and receive their cards.....

And to see this time and time again to many people...That's not fair or fun at all...

If you (or anyone else) is sending/receiving their cards on time...Then you are already playing by the rules, and this shouldn't be of any concern...

The VJ website itself has rules and moderators.....

Other games and sports have rules and officials...

Does that make it any less fun?....

No...As when you have some simple common sense rules....Then in ways it makes it more fun..As everyone is playing fairly and knows what to do there if problems arise....

I'm not asking you to keep track of things..And I am not imposing that reponsibility onto you...

The task of keeping track of things lies with the co-ordinators of the postcard exchange..Whoever that may be...

And besides, doesn't someone need to keep track of things (such as the basics of keeping track of addresses, contact information, etc.) already? So why not have that accountability/responsibility implemented amongst that too?

Again, I just want everyone to play fair and fun...And for everyone to send and receive their postcards like they are supposed to....That's all....

Ant

I agree with Ant.

If you don't want to send post cards, then why participate in the exchange. It's not a requirement. I know I look forward to receiving them as well as sending them.

My August post card is going in the mail today, later than I had planned. Football is taking up all my free time these days.

Sdw-Glad that you agree too...:)

And participation in this exchange is optional, not a requirement....

So to those who want to participate...Play fairly and fun.....Send a card, receive a card....That's all..

And if anyone doesn't want to participate in that way...Then they shouldn't be participating at all...

And nip that problem in the bud, with some guidelines, before it gets out of hand....

Those who genuinely want to participate will want to stay...And those who don't will go.....

Likewise, I look forward to sending and receiving cards too....

And that's what the exchange should be about....

Glad to hear that your August card is on its way to the receiver (and no, it is not late at all..after all, it is still August....)...Whoever gets that card should be glad to receive such soon....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.