ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I received my postcard from the "Aquarium of the Smokies" today from Kayla and Matthew! Very cool. My husband and I saw the signs fro that aquarium when we were in Tennessee on our honeymoon, but we didn't go there. Now to get my post card out in the mail...

How can I get in on this? And what are the general rules? This is quite a long thread and I didn't want to read 20+ pages to figure out how this may have evolved. It sounds fun though!

Private message the original poster of this thread, and she will get you on the list for the September exchange. It is pretty fun to get a little fun mail in amongst all the bills and immigration paperwork!

How can I get in on this? And what are the general rules? This is quite a long thread and I didn't want to read 20+ pages to figure out how this may have evolved. It sounds fun though!

Can you email me at vjpostcards@gmail.com ? :) Just need your name, mailing address, birthday, and tell me if you are willing to go for just one month or ongoing until the exchange dies (lol), and if you're ok with sending anywhere in the US/Canada. I will email you once a month with the name/address of the person you are to send the card to.

There aren't really any rules except SEND THE CARD you're supposed to, and be nice. lol A theme will be posted every month (or check my sig), but is completely optional. :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Other Timeline

Kayleigh+Kyle-

By all means, you're welcomed to join..The more the merrier....:)

We've started since April 2010..and it's been ongoing ever since....

Basically, you are given an address of a VJer in the exchange, you send them a postcard....

And likewise, another VJer will do the same to you too..

And hence...the postcard exhange...:)

You send one card a month, and receive one card a month...

You can participate as many months as you want....

There are about 15 or so regular senders people for the first round....

As well, there are optional themes to the exchange, which make the postcard exchange more fun too....

For example...Flowers (April), Summer (June), Home (July), Vacations (August).....

Really, it's a fun exchange! And yes, it sure is better to send/receive postcards than bills! lol....

Contact VJ user "ashenflowers" for more info regarding the exchange....

See you on the exchange! :)

There aren't really any rules except SEND THE CARD you're supposed to, and be nice. lol A theme will be posted every month (or check my sig), but is completely optional. :)

Ashenflowers-

I agree....EVERYONE, PLEASE SEND THE POSTCARD IF YOU ARE PARTICIAPTING IN THE EXCHANGE!!! (and I'm asking this nicely too)

If not, honestly, they shouldn't be participating.....It's not fair and not nice that way.....

And ummm....What happens to those regular senders who don't send the postcard?

And this has happened on many occasions to several VJers....

Surely, this is not a co-incidence....

Really, we should do the "three strikes" rule enforcement for those regular senders who don't send their cards.....

Again, it's not fair that some people get cards and some people don't......

And everyone should receive a card from the intended sender.....

That's what makes the exchange fun and fair for everyone participating.....

Just a thought.....

(that really needs to be addressed regarding the exchange too....What to you all think?.....)

Happy postcard exchanging, everyone!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

P.S. Other things to point out about the exchange....

-The drawing will take place on the 5th of the month by Ashenflowers...

-Send your postcard by the 20th of the month, to make sure it gets to the receiver by the end of the month....

-Most important of all: have fun!

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I received a second surprise postcard yesterday! Thank you, Ant! :yes: :yes: She sent me a great "greetings from New York' card with a cartoon type map and all sorts of activities that people can do when they visit New York listed on it - plus she even marked a 'x' where she lives (yep - found the x! :lol: ). She also sent a really nice long chatty message that used up every available space on the post card - that was lots of fun! So Thank you Ant for my 'extra post card' - yes, it is still hot in GA and thanks for all the nice things you said and the good wishes.:)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Well, I received a second surprise postcard yesterday! Thank you, Ant! :yes: :yes: She sent me a great "greetings from New York' card with a cartoon type map and all sorts of activities that people can do when they visit New York listed on it - plus she even marked a 'x' where she lives (yep - found the x! :lol: ). She also sent a really nice long chatty message that used up every available space on the post card - that was lots of fun! So Thank you Ant for my 'extra post card' - yes, it is still hot in GA and thanks for all the nice things you said and the good wishes.:)

Kathryn41-You're welcome for the extra postcard! :)

And I'm glad that you enjoyed the surprise too...Surprise! :)

You deserve this extra postcard, especially for sending replacement cards (kind of like a 'thanks' back for the replacement card that you send me for June....I liked that surprise too...thanks)!

"What goes around, comes around"...I like to say....;)

I figured that the cartoons would fit more so the theme of 'vacations' for this month of August, so that's why I chose that one...As well, I thought it would be nice to support the local tourism industry...So I bought a card this month instead of making a homemade one.....(though next time whenever I get your name for the draw...I'll send a homemade one....)

I sent one cartoon card to you, and one cartoon card to my August receiver....Glad to hear that yours made it down south to GA (hmm...I wonder if the other one made it to its destination out west....)

Lol...glad you found the "x" too....It's not exactly up to scale on such a small map....

But that's more or less the area where I live, give or take a few millimeters/miles on the card...lol...

And yeah, I get pretty chatty on the cards...Might as well use up the space for writing on! Hope you didn't mind....

Hope it's not too hot for you in GA still..Nevertheless....Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and the rest of the postcards too....

Ant

I am not going to be an enforcer. If someone else wants to implement a 3-strikes rule, that's fine, but I won't do it. It IS supposed to be a fun exchange, and I'm sorry some people have not sent cards, or more specifically that some people have not received cards... but to have to track down every single exchange, and 'out' the one not sending (if there even IS one person not sending), well, no, I'm not interested in that.

and Kayleigh, I received your email early this morning. Thank you. :thumbs:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not going to be an enforcer. If someone else wants to implement a 3-strikes rule, that's fine, but I won't do it. It IS supposed to be a fun exchange, and I'm sorry some people have not sent cards, or more specifically that some people have not received cards... but to have to track down every single exchange, and 'out' the one not sending (if there even IS one person not sending), well, no, I'm not interested in that.

and Kayleigh, I received your email early this morning. Thank you. :thumbs:

yeah if you have too many rules it won't be fun and it will start to seem like a chore...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

yeah if you have too many rules it won't be fun and it will start to seem like a chore...

Ashenflowers-

I totally agree that the exchange should be fun.....

And that it shouldn't seem like a chore....

Again, it should be fun that EVERYONE PARTICIPATES......AND SENDS THEIR CARDS!!!

It is not fair for those who do not receive cards...

When one signs up for something, then they should participate in it....Otherwise don't participate....

It is holding people ACCOUNTABLE and RESPONSIBLE for what they signed up for...

Even if it is just ONE or MORE person/people not participating....

It's still ruins the fun....IT IS NOT FUN WHEN PEOPLE DO NOT SEND AND RECEIVE CARDS, REGARDLESS!

And is not fair and fun for everyone...

You realize that if more people don't get their postcards, the more they are going to be disappointed with the exchange, and who knows maybe one day they won't participate, and that's not fun at all...

If you look back on the past pages...There have been people who have dropped out of the exchange, because they did not receive their cards...Which is disappointing.....

Is it better for the ones that want to participate and are participating to drop out?

Or is it better for the ones that are not participating to be forced out, due to non-participation?

Which is more fair and fun for everyone?

For those who participate...and do so, then that's great....and I'm not complaining about those people at all..

And they are doing the responsible thing here....

Keep up the great work, and yes, people like that should be in the exchange....

And that is one of the reasons why I participate in the exchange.....

Those that do participate make it fun....

I send my cards...You send yours...It works both ways....That's fair and fun....

And overall, I think that the exchange is fun (but not fun when people don't send/receive their cards)....

Rather, it is those that don't send their cards that I see the problem with....

And I feel and understand for those who don't get their postcards and are worrying whether or not they are going to get a card from the exchange.....That's not fun....And those are the people who I'm posting/speaking out for.....

I'm concerned as so for privacy reasons too....

As when I give my private mailing address to someone, I expect something (such as a postcard) in return....

I don't just give my address or any other contact information to anyone, when I don't know what they are going to do with it, or are they going to use it for other purpose other than the purpose intended (such as for the postcard exchange)....

And likewise, I have the same respect for anyone else giving their private contact information too.....

Think of this "three strikes" rule as more of a "guideline" instead of a rule....

Without guidelines, there is confusion, misunderstandings, disappointments, upset feelings, etc......Which is not fun...

Heck even the VJ website has "guidelines" and "moderators", despite it being fun....

Does that make VJ less fun?

No...It makes it more fun, so that things don't go out of control and there is anarchy on the boards..lol.......

And heck, even something fun like baseball, hockey, football, monopoly, scrabble, chess, checkers, or whatever else sports and games....

Have rules and guidelines...

Does it make it any less fun?.....

No...It makes it more fun, as everyone is playing fairly and is more able to participate in knowing what to do in a way that is equal and fun for all.....

Take leadership and responsibility of the exchange.....

Since you're the one that started it, and have all the contact information, I think you should be the one that should be the one that is implementing such.....

Though if you need help...I'm sure you can find VJers that can help you there too.....

As well, there are ways that things can be implemented anonymously, whether through private message, e-mail, or some other private means…..

If you have to pick one important guideline....Just pick this one to consider....That's all....

HOLD PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE AND ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR POSTCARDS, OTHERWISE THEY SHOULD BE OUT OF THE EXCHANGE.....

Ant

Quite frankly, I'm a little insulted by your reply Ant, so I will delay a full reply until I'm less irritated.

That said, if anyone else has a huge issue with people sending cards (or not, rather), and if you feel there is a need to micro-manage the exchange, please feel free to email me: vjpostcards @ gmail.com

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Quite frankly, I'm a little insulted by your reply Ant, so I will delay a full reply until I'm less irritated.

That said, if anyone else has a huge issue with people sending cards (or not, rather), and if you feel there is a need to micro-manage the exchange, please feel free to email me: vjpostcards @ gmail.com

Ashenflowers-

Insulted? About what?

You started this postcard exchange and are in charge of keeping the contacting information....

Therefore I'm assuming you're the leader..And therefore should take the leadership skills here in making everyone on the exchange held accountable for sending/receiving their cards and making it fair and safe for everyone too....

I'm just stating the facts about the exchange and my opinions about those that don't participate....

That some people receive cards, and some don't...Which is unfair and not fun....

This is what I'm insulted about.....

Those who are on the list who don't send their cards when they are supposed to and the fact that you don't seem to care whether or not they are genuinely interested in the postcard exchange or not, and whether some of the ones who are genuinely interested are considering dropping out or who are dropping out becasue of this unfairness...

If you (or anyone else) sends/receives their postcards...

Then there is nothing to be insulted about.....

And if there are guidelines to make sure that everyone does send/receive their cards, then there shouldn't be any problems..

I'm not saying that we should have a million guidelines....

But just a few 'common sense' ones would be a good start, so that everyone is on the same page and everything is fair and fun for everyone....For example, "It is an exchange, not a giveaway: Send a card, Receive a card...Play fair..."

If you truly want this exchange to be fair and fun, for everyone, then maybe we can work together and come up with some guidelines together, as a group...

What do you think?

Again, I'm not complaining about those who are taking part in the exchange..

Rather, it is the ones that should be insulted are the ones that don't send/receive their cards...

I'm just sticking up for those that didn't receive their cards...That's all....

Wouldn't you feel insulted if you didn't receive a card?.....

Just a thought...

Ant

P.S. And it should be more "quality" of the particpants, instead of the "quantity" of the participants...

Isn't it better to have a few trusted people want to participate in the exchange than it is to want to have a million people who don't seem to care at all?...

Just a thought....

a) There was a month where I DIDN'T receive a card actually. I wasn't insulted. It happens.

b) I DO care when people don't get cards, but that said, YOU don't seem to care about my time. To find out who hasn't not received cards and who didn't send them so far would actually require a lot of work. Sifting through MANY pages of this thread, finding out who happened to report a missing card, if it was just late, matching it with the list (which is constantly changing), seeing if there's a pattern. MICRO MANAGING everything with rules and guidelines, and threats to kick them out of the exchange, and like Marilyn said, making it a chore, not just for ME, but for all the participants. Does that sound fun? Does being PRESSURED sound fun? This is a casual thing, not a work house. What about all the LATE cards? What happens if someone is late? Are they out? Or if the mail takes longer than expected? Would you want that kind of pressure?

c) I was insulted by you attacking my supposed lack of leadership and responsibility qualities. You don't know me Ant. Just because I don't want to devote hours of my time to tracking every single exchange, doesn't mean I don't care, and am not responsible. IT'S A POSTCARD EXCHANGE. Everyone KNOWS that it's not just a giveaway. That has to be spelled out in some list of guidelines, and dutifully tracked by the exchange 'leader'? Really?

d) Every month I post the list of who got who in the draw. If other people are that upset about not getting cards then they have the information they need to track down the sender and ask what happened. It is SELF MANAGED. I'm not a baby-sitter.

e) You seem to be the only one that thinks every single exchange needs to be tracked and if a pattern arises that someone needs to be kicked out. For THAT reason, I think YOU should be the one to track everything. Everyone else seems to be doing well with this exchange, even if a few cards are lost in the shuffle. I think we're all mature enough to be able to handle one postcard not arriving on time.

f) I am no longer interested in participating in this exchange. Sorry everyone. I know most of you had fun with it, so if someone else wants to continue with it and track every single exchange, go ahead. I will send you the contact info of the current list. It will no longer be fun for me. I am out.

I did not start this exchange to have to hold everyone accountable and MICRO MANAGE. We are all ADULTS. This is not rocket science.

If anyone wishes to continue sending postcards not through this exchange, I suggest checking out postcrossing.com

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Ashenflowers-

Lol....I didn't receive a card either....But I on the other hand was not to happy about that, as I did not receive any reply as to what happened to that card nor did the sender even acknowledge that they sent the card......

And I don't want it to happen again to me or to anyone else on the postcard exchange, especially if this happens on many occasions and to many different people.....

It does happen true.....Once, twice.....The mail gets lost, things are late, things/events happen in life...Fine..

That can be forgiven, if the occasional card is missing/lost/late, for good reasons.....

But three times or more to several different people......(the 'three strikes' rule...)

The "one" missing postcard becomes "many" postcards.....Which is not fun at all.....

Clearly this shows a pattern as to that they are not truly interested in the exchange....

And this needs to be addressed sooner than later.....

Before people keep on dropping out, due to non-participation and/or disappointment for not receiving their cards....

I'm glad that you started this exchange....So thanks for that....

And to be honest with you, I'm not complaining about that either.....

I honestly do think that this postcard exchange is/was a good idea....

Especially when people do receive/send their cards....

But it is not fun when people don't send or receive their cards when they are supposed to.....

I'm not here to ruin the fun, or anything like that...

Rather, I would like the opposite...

To make sure that everyone does have fun, and does send and receive their postcards....

Which is why I would like to make everyone that is participating accountable and responsible for their postcards....

And that can be done with just a few simple basic guidelines/rules that everyone can follow......

And yeah, what happens when someone consistently doesn't send their postcards? Should they be on the exchange? Should they kicked out?

As of now, there are no guidelines/rules to address this....

Which can cause problems.....If something is not done about it sooner than later.....

We need to all be on the "same page" here.....

Most people on the exchange have been very good about sending and receiving their postcards....

And again, I'm not complaining about those people....

But some people may or may not have been responsible that way, which is unfortunate.....

You realize that when you started this exchange that there was going to be some commitment and somee leadership to this, right?

So how come you have the time to collect the information, organizing, making lists, do the draw, and take part in the exchange.....

Yet you don't have to time to ensure that everything goes smoothly in the exchange and that everyone sends and receives their cards....

I understand too, that one person can't do everything, and I (or anyone else) expect you to do everything either....

Which is why as I said before...

If you need help in this, then you can ask other VJers to help you out too.....

But as the main contact at the present time, then everyone assumes that you are the leader and should take the responsibility there....

Otherwise, yes, like you said...Ask others to help you micro-manage too....There's nothing wrong in asking for help....

We can all work together and manage this so that this all runs smoothly...

I (and I'm sure others too), can help you out with this, if you want......

Let's work together on this, instead of disagree, ok?

I agree, that adults need to be responsible.....

However, what helps in that responsibility is also having some general guidelines.....

Lol..For if there are no rules/guidelines...Then there is anarchy and chaos.......

Which we don't need for this postcard exchange, and for anything else in life...

It is not rocket science to write a postcard, send a postcard, and to receive a postcard.....

Then why are people who are not willing to fully participate understand this?

Again, sports, games, and fun activities like that have guidelines and rules....

Without them, then it won't be fair and fun for everyone.....

By the way, the other postcard website that you mentioned has guidelines/rules too....

Read here: http://www.postcrossing.com/help

Maybe something similar can be implemented for this postcard exchange too....

Ant

P.S.

Really, I would like to see you still be part of the VJ postcard exchange, especially more so that you started such....

And yeah, I did enjoy having you in the exchange...

It will be sad to see you go if you do decide that route.....

But do whatever you want as to how you see fit.....And good luck with that.....

a) There was a month where I DIDN'T receive a card actually. I wasn't insulted. It happens.

b) I DO care when people don't get cards, but that said, YOU don't seem to care about my time. To find out who hasn't not received cards and who didn't send them so far would actually require a lot of work. Sifting through MANY pages of this thread, finding out who happened to report a missing card, if it was just late, matching it with the list (which is constantly changing), seeing if there's a pattern. MICRO MANAGING everything with rules and guidelines, and threats to kick them out of the exchange, and like Marilyn said, making it a chore, not just for ME, but for all the participants. Does that sound fun? Does being PRESSURED sound fun? This is a casual thing, not a work house. What about all the LATE cards? What happens if someone is late? Are they out? Or if the mail takes longer than expected? Would you want that kind of pressure?

c) I was insulted by you attacking my supposed lack of leadership and responsibility qualities. You don't know me Ant. Just because I don't want to devote hours of my time to tracking every single exchange, doesn't mean I don't care, and am not responsible. IT'S A POSTCARD EXCHANGE. Everyone KNOWS that it's not just a giveaway. That has to be spelled out in some list of guidelines, and dutifully tracked by the exchange 'leader'? Really?

d) Every month I post the list of who got who in the draw. If other people are that upset about not getting cards then they have the information they need to track down the sender and ask what happened. It is SELF MANAGED. I'm not a baby-sitter.

e) You seem to be the only one that thinks every single exchange needs to be tracked and if a pattern arises that someone needs to be kicked out. For THAT reason, I think YOU should be the one to track everything. Everyone else seems to be doing well with this exchange, even if a few cards are lost in the shuffle. I think we're all mature enough to be able to handle one postcard not arriving on time.

f) I am no longer interested in participating in this exchange. Sorry everyone. I know most of you had fun with it, so if someone else wants to continue with it and track every single exchange, go ahead. I will send you the contact info of the current list. It will no longer be fun for me. I am out.

I did not start this exchange to have to hold everyone accountable and MICRO MANAGE. We are all ADULTS. This is not rocket science.

If anyone wishes to continue sending postcards not through this exchange, I suggest checking out postcrossing.com

Hi Everyone,

Ok...So with all this talk about guidelines/rules...How about if we have something like this....

(Sample) VJ Postcard Exchange Guidelines.....

1) Most important of all: Have fun! Enjoy the exchange!

2) How to get started:

E-mail VJ user "Ashenflowers" at: vjpostcards@gmail.com, with the following information:

-Name

-Mailing address

-Birthday (month and day)

-How long do you intend to participate for? Are you a "regular participant" (participating for more than six months/6 exchanges, or every month until you get everyone on the list or for even longer than that), or are you an "occasional participant" (participating for less than six months/6 exchanges).

-Are you're ok with sending anywhere in the US/Canada?

3) Privacy/Safety Issues:

-All address, names, and/or any other identifying or contact information will be kept confidential and in private, to be shared only amongst the participants and only used for the purposes of this VJ Postcard Exchange.

-You should, however, understand that this postcard exchange is free and will not be held responsible for anything that may occur as a result of its use or misuse. The system is very safe to use and designed to be secure, but if you run into problems as a result of using this exchange, we might not be able to help you.

4) How the postcard exchange works:

-It is an exchange: You are both a sender and a receiver...Send a card, Receive a card...

-Sender: You send one (1) postcard a month. You will then get an e-mail once a month with the name/address of the person you are going to send a card to.

-Receiver: You receive one (1) postcard a month. You will receive a card from a sender.

-First week of the month/5th of the month: The drawing for the postcard names/addresses will be done on the first week of every month....

-By the 20th of the month: Postcards should be sent out on or before then, to make sure that everyone receives their cards on time by the end of the month

-You can write about anything on your postcards! Be creative!

-There are optional 'themes' as to writing ideas for the postcards....Feel free to use those, or feel free to come up with writing ideas and themes of your own too.

-At the end of the month, the sender/receiver list for the previous month will be posted, so as to keep track of things and to be able to thank the sender for receiving your card

5) Where do I find the postcards?

- Postcards can be purchased at many different places. Following is a small list of places where our members have found success."

post office

airport

Chamber of Commerce

museum store

tourist spot

book store

convenience stores (drug stores, supermarkets, department stores, truck stops)

stationery store

newspaper or magazine store

online presence of the above listed retailers

homemade postcards….make your own!

6) Let's all play fair and fun:

-We understand that sometimes life gets in the way and postcards do not get sent out in a timely fashion. That is okay, you can still send the postcard late. Just make sure that you send the postcard to arrive within a three months of the date that you received that particular receivers address. For example, you have until April to send a card to the receivers address that you sent received in January. If you dont send the card or a replacement card within three months, then it will be treated as strike.

-The 'three strikes rule': Play fair! Send a card, Receive a card...

If as a sender you do not send your card for three months to three different people in the exchange...

First and Second non-sent cards: You will be warned....

Third non-sent card: You will be permanently out of the exchange....

This is to ensure that everyone receives their cards is fully participating in the exchange....

7) 'I did not receive my card, what should I do?'

-First of all, private message (PM) your sender as to why you didn't receive your card....

Traveling time depends on the postal system of the respective countries so while some postcards may arrive in 5 days, it is as common that postcards take over 30 days to arrive. If it has been well over 30 days, we advise you to contact the recipient of your postcard through private message and ask whether the postcard has arrived (the ID might be blurred, illegible, etc.).

And a replacement card should be sent by the sender to the receiver for the non-received card. It is the responsibility of the sender to make sure that the receiver gets their card and send replacement cards accordingly....

-If that doesn't work...Them e-mail the exchange co-coordinator/leader.....Then further appropriate action can be taken...

And that's it...:) That wasn't too hard, to have for the VJ postcard exchange, now was it?

What do you all think? Feel free to comment about these sample guidelines too...

Hope this helps. Happy postcarding, everyone!

Ant

P.S. I used some of the guidelines from the postcrossing.com website, as some of the same rules can apply here too……After all, they were successful at their exchange, so why shouldnt we be here too with those similar guidelines?...lol…

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.