ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

August postcard sent out today. It is a picture that I turned into a postcard, The photo was taken July 11th 2010 well the hubby and I were celebrating our 1 year wedding Anniversary. We decided to have a weekend away at Niagara Falls Ontario, It was a blast and I got a million pictures.

Yay for August hehe

July 11 is an excellent day. I was married July 11, 2010 and I am looking forward to many great anniversaries!

July 11 is also Free Slurpee Day at 7-11! :)

Also... my postcard will go out tomorrow. :thumbs: lol

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

July is a great month... we were married july 10th 2009 but we did a 8th-12th vacation for our anniversary. I cannot wait to do it again next year and the next 50 after that :P

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Other Timeline

Lol.....I agree, July is an interesting month....

VJ-wise...We had the first NYS meetup at Niagara Falls....July 11

Canada-wise....Canada Day....July 1

America-wise....Independence Day....July 4

My son's birthday....July 30 (we had his first one this year...looking forward to more years of that to come....)

Other birthdays and anniversaries throughout July....etc....

So lots going on here in July, indeed! :star:

Lol..The only thing I don't particularly like about July...The hot/humid weather!

Lol..Why can't it snow in July?...Oh well I guess I'll just have to wait until December for that...lol...

Happy July and August everyone! Happy postcarding..

Ant

P.S. Speaking of postcards...I still haven't receive my July card yet...:(

I know that JlovesA (the sender) sent it in the mail last week, as she posted about that before...

So the fault is not with her here....(lol..I blame the USPS/Canada post here instead....)

But I'm wondering what happened to the card...Did it get lost in the mail? Hmmm.......

I'll check my mailbox again to see if it is there.....I really am hoping it's not lost....grrr.....

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

P.S. Speaking of postcards...I still haven't receive my July card yet...:(

I know that JlovesA (the sender) sent it in the mail last week, as she posted about that before...

So the fault is not with her here....(lol..I blame the USPS/Canada post here instead....)

But I'm wondering what happened to the card...Did it get lost in the mail? Hmmm.......

I'll check my mailbox again to see if it is there.....I really am hoping it's not lost....grrr.....

My postcard from July came from the same state you're in and it took forever. The postmark date is July 22 and it just got here Monday!

Bizarre, since we are not that far away at all.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

JlovesA and Everyone- Btw....Guess what I got just now.....

I got your July postcard, JlovesA...:) Thank you...:)

"Better late than never", as I like to say....No problem about the wait....

I hope you are settled with your move now too.

Lol...Apparently my neighbour got this postcard first...(she got it yesterday)....

As it ended up in her mailbox, instead of mine...:lol:

So she kindly brought it over (lol..along with more vegetables from her garden...lol....)...

Seriously, I blame USPS for the mixup..Though why the mix-up..I have no clue..

My box is green and plastic, her box is black and metal....It's not that hard to distinguish! Grrr....

Now it makes me wonder if there is any other mail that gets lost and/or sent to the wrong address...(and yes, that has happened before too and is happening more and more recently....grrr.........)....

Thanks for sending it, nevertheless....And yes, I am happy to receive to such a postcard from you....:)

I love the "vintage painting" look to it too....Very scenic, indeed!

(I'll describe it to the rest of you...since I can't post photos on VJ...use your imagination...)....It's a hand-painted photo of a bridge, some water (which body of water is this, by the way?), some boats, some trees, and some buildings and roads. There is a big boat passing by the grey metal bridge, and there are smaller sailboats in the distance..In big pink letters is the word "Sarnia" on it...but JlovesA describes it as..."Michigan on the left, PE on the right....and Sarnia nowhere to be seen"...lol..

No wonder you wanted to go back home to PE...It's such a beautiful place, from the postcard painting scene depiction!

The scene of the bridge on your postcard reminds me of every time I pass by the border bridges going to and from Canada and the USA....Now I see why you picked this postcard too...;)

Good luck with crossing your bridges and good luck in being closer to A and enjoy the rest of your move back home.

Enjoy the rest of your summer. Thanks for the July postcard.

Ant

My postcard from July came from the same state you're in and it took forever. The postmark date is July 22 and it just got here Monday!

Bizarre, since we are not that far away at all.

JlovesA-Yeah, mail between NYS and ON gets delayed and/or lost for some strange reason...

This has happened before too, between my boyfriend/husband and I back in our old 'long distance days'....

I actually lost a package before this way......(but thank goodness he had the tracking number, so I was able to get it after a few weeks or so of bugging the post office..lol....)

We had a running joke about the border guards reading our mail before it actually got sent to its destination....

And another joke about "well, I might as well give it to you in-person instead of sending it in the mail...."..

It's quicker to drive over the border for a few hours than it is to wait days and weeks for the mail to arrive in the mail...So yeah, "in-person mail is beter than snail mail".....lol.....

"So close, yet so far".....Sigh.....

Nevertheless, glad that you got your July postcard too.

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

If it's in the Sarnia area, I expect the body of water is Lake Huron/the St. Clair River, but JLovesA can verify. :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

If it's in the Sarnia area, I expect the body of water is Lake Huron/the St. Clair River, but JLovesA can verify. :)

Yup, that's right. The postcard is right at the mouth of the river. Point Edward sits right on the mouth between St. Clair River and Lake Huron.

Also, Ant, I thought the postcard was a photograph? I'm fairly certain it was...maybe it got wet or something and turned into a painting. :lol:

Glad you got it finally!

Yes, I love the area. It's pretty quiet, not much crime, although it is ripe with elderly people and as ashenflowers has seen my Facebook, they drive SO slow! :bonk:

It's good to be back, though! I came back so I could visit A during the K1 process because he's less than 2 hours from here. Going to see him Friday or Saturday and then he's coming here at the end of the month. It's so great getting to visit frequently!

Anyhoo.... :ot: <---that is directed at me, hehe.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Mine is going out today. Biggest tourist spot near us would, of course, be NYC. No shortage of postcards from there :)

This is the one I am sending this month. I love the park. I would rather spend the day walking through the park than shopping in NYC.

AugustPostcard.jpg

I got my August postcard today thanks OBX. If I ever make it that way looks like a beautiful place to check out.

Still nothing for July.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Yup, that's right. The postcard is right at the mouth of the river. Point Edward sits right on the mouth between St. Clair River and Lake Huron.

Ashen and JlovesA- Ahhh...I learn something new every day....

Thanks for telling me what the body of water on the postcard is...:) St.Clair river and Lake Huron....Interesting...:)

Lol..The closest I've been to Lake Huron is in the Wasaga Beach area...I have yet to see the rest of the lake...lol..

Looks like a scenic and fun place to go, nevertheless...:)

Thanks again for the postcard of the Lake Huron/St.Clair River area, JlovesA!

Ant

Also, Ant, I thought the postcard was a photograph? I'm fairly certain it was...maybe it got wet or something and turned into a painting. :lol:

Glad you got it finally!

Yes, I love the area. It's pretty quiet, not much crime, although it is ripe with elderly people and as ashenflowers has seen my Facebook, they drive SO slow! :bonk:

It's good to be back, though! I came back so I could visit A during the K1 process because he's less than 2 hours from here. Going to see him Friday or Saturday and then he's coming here at the end of the month. It's so great getting to visit frequently!

Anyhoo.... :ot: <---that is directed at me, hehe.

JlovesA-Lol...I thought it was a painting when I first saw it...

Especially with the boats in the distance like that..(the sailboats reminded me of one of my husband's paintings actually..which made me think it was a painting too..lol..)

But then again....When I look at it again, it does look like a photograph..

Maybe it was also the 'vintage' part of it that made me think it was a painting instead of a current photograph...

Seriously...I need new reading glasses (lol..that's another story...my son broke my current pair....grrr.....).....

Also, after some squinting, I re-read the small print again, and it says: "Photo: K. Sorensen. 'The Blue Water Bridge spanning the St. Clair River bring together Port Huron and Sarnia (Port Edward)'"...Lol...Guess I should have read the small print first..lol...

Ok..So it's a consensus there....It's a photograph..Not a painting...lol..oops...sorry for the error....

Nevertheless, I like the scenery on the postcard. Thanks.:)

And yeah, from the way that you decribed it, it does looks like a nice quiet area with no crime and where elderly people would like to live...

Lol..at least you don't get road rage type drivers there...It's better to drive behind someone who is slower (ok..I admit, I've been guilty of that too..and I'm not even elderly..lol..) than it is to get into an accident because of someone driving too fast. Lol..Just allow plenty of time when driving, and you should be ok to getting into your destination on time..

And yes, it's great that you're back home and closer to your family, friends, and A....So enjoy those frequent visits and enjoy the time that you have in your hometown of PE too...

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Timeline

Well, I got a nice surprise in today's mail - not my August card but a 2nd July card! Thank you OBX - she bought me a card when it looked like my July card was late, and then when it did arrive, she decided to send me the card anyway with August's theme. I've now got a great historic photograph of the top of the Empire State Building in NYC and a really nice message on the back. :D

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Well, I got a nice surprise in today's mail - not my August card but a 2nd July card! Thank you OBX - she bought me a card when it looked like my July card was late, and then when it did arrive, she decided to send me the card anyway with August's theme. I've now got a great historic photograph of the top of the Empire State Building in NYC and a really nice message on the back. :D

Glad you enjoyed it Kathryn :)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

July 11 is also Free Slurpee Day at 7-11! :)

Also... my postcard will go out tomorrow. :thumbs: lol

Seriously? Cool, I guess I will have to find a 7-11 to take advantage of that next year for my anniversary. The 7-11 stores aren't common in Michigan.

How can I get in on this? And what are the general rules? This is quite a long thread and I didn't want to read 20+ pages to figure out how this may have evolved. It sounds fun though!

~ 04/29/06 - The love story begins...

~ 06/08/06 - First met in person (Calgary, Alberta).

~ 12/30/06 - He gave her a shiny, pretty ring!

*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨¨*

~ 05/10/07 - Sent evidence for I-129F/G-325A to NSC

~ 06/08/07 - NOA1 hard copy received!!!

~ 10/22/07 - NOA2 hard copy received!!!

~ 01/17/08 - Kyle's interview - he's approved!!!!!!!

~ 02/08/08 - Kyle enters the States via Washington.

~ 02/09/08 - Kyle arrives in Ohio. Together at last!!! :D

~ 03/07/08 - MARRIED!!!

*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS/AP/EAD¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨¨*

~ 05/10/08 - Mailed out AOS, EAD and AP papers.

~ 05/23/08 - NOAs received in mail.

~ 05/27/08 - Biometrics appointment letter received in mail.

~ 06/12/08 - Biometrics appointment.

~ 06/19/08 - RFE is issued for AOS. :(

~ 07/17/08 - Submitted requested evidence.

~ 07/30/08 - Case is transferred to CSC.

~ 08/22/08 - Receive Kyle's AP documents!!!

~ 08/23/08 - Receive Kyle's EAD card!!!

~ 09/25/08 - Receives green card!!!

*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ Removal of Conditions¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨¨*

~ 06/23/10 - Mailed away I-751 & evidence.

~ 06/25/10 - Packet was signed for in Laguna Niguel, CA.

~ 07/06/10 - Received NOA1!

~ 07/26/10 - Biometrics appointment letter received - 08/03/10

~ 09/02/10 - Biometrics retaken

~ 09/16/10 - Approved!

~ 09/21/10 - 10 year green card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.