ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

It really depends. Mail leaving here seems to be faster and get to most destinations within a week for in Canada and 2 weeks for the USA. I'd say 10-12 business days is the average to receive Canadian mail and anywhere from 2.5 weeks to 2 months for American mail. 2 months, that is not a lie. I've gotten mail from SoCal and Florida before...it takes at least 3 weeks and arrives in my PO box all covered in stamps and "no such address exists" ####### all over it. Haha.

True story...sometimes it takes mail more than A MONTH to get here from Ontario. That's when I think a mail-carrying tortoise would be faster. I need to design little tortoise parkas and boots and then I'll get me some timely mail!

JlovesA-Thanks for the reply. Oh my! I can't believe it takes that long to get the mail in NU! Oh well, better late than never, I suppose.

Sorry to ruin the surprise but.....(SPOLIER ALERT....)

Ok...I confess...I was the one that sent the postcard to you (as you probably figured out by now, as I kept on dropping 'hints'). I was hoping it would get there by the end of the month, I figured it would take 2 weeks or so to get there, be it that I sent it mid-month and thinking that was enough time. I guess not then, as I probably under-estimated the mailing times to you. Had I known about the actual time it takes for mail to get from the USA to NU, Canada, I would have sent it earlier. So sorry about that....

Hmmm...Maybe part of the reason for the mail delays is the fact that they have to re-direct your mail to a PO box?

Nevertheless, I hope you do get your June 2010 card before you move to ON in July (as stated by your signature about when you were moving). But if you don't get it by then, please PM me with more info, and I'll send you a June 2010 replacement card to ON (or wherever else you want me to send it to).

I don't want anybody to not get a card, because of slow mail or any problems due to mail service, as that wouldn't be fair at all....So no problem about the replacement postcard.....

Regardless, keep an eye on the June 2010 poscard....And hopefully it will arrive soon....

Lol...About the Tortoise with the boots and coat...:lol:......Now that's not a bad idea at all! That's so cute! Hmm...Maybe the tortise should hitch a ride with the polar bear, moose, etc. so that the mail gets there faster!...lol...

Ant

Hi!

My life should be getting a little less hectic, so I would love to join in the postcard exchange if I can!

Kizza-Yes, you can join the postcard exchange! The more the merrier....;) Just contact Ashenflowers, and she'll give you more info there.....

Happy Postcard Sending and Receiving Everyone! :)

Great to see all of your updates!

And great to see the photos/pictures of the postcards sent and received so far!

Ant (Still waiting for my June 2010 card....)

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That looks familiar to me :whistle:

A-ha! With "Hubbee and wifey" as your timeline names, I couldn't pin the signature to anything I recognized. :) Thank you kindly :D

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

My postcard for June went in the mail Saturday morning. :)

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

ooooo... just in time! lol!

All June postcards should be in the mail now!!! Otherwise the receiver might not get it until July (depending on distance). Can't wait to see some more pics in here! :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

JlovesA-Thanks for the reply. Oh my! I can't believe it takes that long to get the mail in NU! Oh well, better late than never, I suppose.

Sorry to ruin the surprise but.....(SPOLIER ALERT....)

Ok...I confess...I was the one that sent the postcard to you (as you probably figured out by now, as I kept on dropping 'hints'). I was hoping it would get there by the end of the month, I figured it would take 2 weeks or so to get there, be it that I sent it mid-month and thinking that was enough time. I guess not then, as I probably under-estimated the mailing times to you. Had I known about the actual time it takes for mail to get from the USA to NU, Canada, I would have sent it earlier. So sorry about that....

Hmmm...Maybe part of the reason for the mail delays is the fact that they have to re-direct your mail to a PO box?

Nevertheless, I hope you do get your June 2010 card before you move to ON in July (as stated by your signature about when you were moving). But if you don't get it by then, please PM me with more info, and I'll send you a June 2010 replacement card to ON (or wherever else you want me to send it to).

I don't want anybody to not get a card, because of slow mail or any problems due to mail service, as that wouldn't be fair at all....So no problem about the replacement postcard.....

Regardless, keep an eye on the June 2010 poscard....And hopefully it will arrive soon....

]

Our mail has been hopelessly slow lately (mail from Ontario taking a month or more) but I am hoping it'll be here before I leave. I'm going to sign up for mail redirection so it may take awhile, but I should get it eventually!

Here's hoping, anyway! haha

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

and it was delivered today in Georgia! Thank you! That's a great photo of Rochester! I've actually been to Rochester. Joe and I flew to Rochester the last time we went to visit my Dad in Kingston. We rented a car there, drove across the border and then returned to Rochester to fly back to Atlanta. It was a lot cheaper doing it that way than flying to Ottawa or Toronto. It was nice to receive a little bit of the north - it seems a fair exchange for that bit of the Southern summer weather you've been getting :P !

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Got the postcard from ashenflowers, Very nice picture, I so want to visit there now haha

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I hope that you are all still having fun with the exchange!....Great to hear all of your updates and news too...

I hope you all receive your June 2010 cards by the end of the month too....

I still haven't received mine for this month yet, but I remain hopeful that it will arrive soon....

Nevertheless, I look forward to the July 2010 exchange that is coming up next month...

By the way, I posted this in the VJ Weight Loss Thread, but I thought I'd post it here too....

"Funny though, that the VJ also helped me in my baby weight loss too...Specifically, with the VJ postcard exchange. Lol..The anticipation of getting a postcard in the mail made me want to ride my bike a 1/2 - 1 mile everyday to get to and from my mailbox for the postcard, which resulted in more exercise, and weight loss.....Whatever works, I suppose...:lol:"

Thanks for the extra motivation!..:):thumbs:

Happy postcard writing and receiving everyone!

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

Ant...I'm still waiting as well. :)

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

LOL Ant, that's funny! Glad the exchange is multi-functional and helping weight loss! ;)

And Canadiandggal, I'm so glad you got the card, and glad you liked it! I scanned the cards I sent, but don't remember what went to who :lol:

Anyway, to everyone: Now is the time to let me know of you can NOT participate in July's exchange! I'll hopefully be doing the draw by the end of the week (July is on THURSDAY! OMG). A few people bowed out over time, and for some, I'm not sure if they're ready to come back into things yet, or if they're still out. :( I'm keeping you out until I hear otherwise, just in case.

This is the MASTER list of everyone who's shown interest in the exchange now, or in the past. I put *s beside the ones that I know for sure DO want to (based on June's draw), and will be included in July. Please correct me if I'm wrong. lol I am posting this for my own benefit as much as yours. :lol:

* Ant+D+BabyA

* ashenflowers

Bern.

* Canadiandggal

* CdnMN

* Chickaflick

* Christi and Ian

* Colleens

* coraliesolms

Dan and Ali

Hugglebuggles

* JLovesA

* Kathryn41

Kayla*Mathew

kizza

Leonsgal70

* lilacvioletiris

* OBX

* Pauley

sdw

* SupportGeek

steflovesbran

tHund3r

Y&E

(btw, is it just me or is it hilarious and awesome that so many usernames seem to start with C? Yay Canada!)

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

Ant, I'll participate but I need to change the address "on file" haha. I am moving on the 21st.

Edited by JlovesA

Ant, I'll participate but I need to change the address "on file" haha. I am moving on the 21st.

Thanks J! Could you email it to vjpostcards@gmail.com ? :thumbs:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Timeline

Thanks J! Could you email it to vjpostcards@gmail.com ? :thumbs:

Done like dinner! Thanks!

I can join back in for July.

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.