ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Here is a partial list of who got what from who, from what I've read on the posts so far...

It's no big secret anymore....So we might as well reveal and keep track of it here too....

April 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA--->Sdw

Ashenflowers--->

Canadiandggal--->OBX

CdnMN--->

Christi and Ian--->

Colleens--->

Coraliesolms--->

Dan and Ali--->

Hugglebuggles--->Coraliesolms

Kathryn41--->???,(Replacement Cards To: Lgg, Pauley)

Kayla*Mathew--->

Lgg--->Lilacvioletiris

Lilacvioletiris--->Kathryn41

OBX--->Ant+D+BabyA

Pauley--->Hugglebuggles

Sdw--->

Steflovesbran--->

THund3r--->

Y&E--->

May 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA--->Canadiandggal

Ashenflowers--->

Canadiandggal--->

CdnMN--->

Christi and Ian--->

Colleens--->Ashenflowers

Coraliesolms--->

Dan and Ali--->

Kathryn41--->OBX

Kayla*Mathew--->

Lilacvioletiris---> CdnMN

OBX--->Kathryn41

Pauley--->Ant+D+BabyA

THund3r--->

Y&E--->Pauley

June 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA

Ashenflowers

Bern

Canadiandggal

CdnMN

Chickaflick

Christi and Ian

Colleens

Coraliesolms

Dan and Ali

JLovesA

Kathryn41

Kayla*Mathew

Leons

Lilacvioletiris

OBX

Pauley

THund3r

Y&E

Anyone else want to "reveal" their secret postcard sender/receiver too? I'm sure we'd all like to know!

And to those of you haven't received their cards yet...I hope you get yours soon too!

(lol...better late than never, I suppose)....

Filed: Other Timeline

So when will the draw be for June?

Lol..I'd like to know too.... So, when is the June draw? :unsure:

I'm sure Ashenflowers and Kitty know the answer.....;):luv:

Ant

P.S. Lilavioletiris-Thanks for your update on the list too.

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Here is a partial list of who got what from who, from what I've read on the posts so far...

It's no big secret anymore....So we might as well reveal and keep track of it here too....

April 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA--->Sdw

Ashenflowers--->

Canadiandggal--->OBX

CdnMN--->

Christi and Ian--->

Colleens--->

Coraliesolms--->

Dan and Ali--->

Hugglebuggles--->Coraliesolms

Kathryn41--->???,(Replacement Cards To: Lgg, Pauley)

Kayla*Mathew--->

Lgg--->Lilacvioletiris

Lilacvioletiris--->Kathryn41

OBX--->Ant+D+BabyA

Pauley--->Hugglebuggles

Sdw--->

Steflovesbran--->

THund3r--->

Y&E--->

May 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA--->Canadiandggal

Ashenflowers--->

Canadiandggal--->

CdnMN--->

Christi and Ian--->

Colleens--->Ashenflowers

Coraliesolms--->

Dan and Ali--->

Kathryn41--->OBX

Kayla*Mathew--->

Lilacvioletiris---> CdnMN

OBX--->Kathryn41

Pauley--->Ant+D+BabyA

THund3r---> Kayla*Mathew

Y&E--->Pauley

June 2010

Sender---->Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA

Ashenflowers

Bern

Canadiandggal

CdnMN

Chickaflick

Christi and Ian

Colleens

Coraliesolms

Dan and Ali

JLovesA

Kathryn41

Kayla*Mathew

Leons

Lilacvioletiris

OBX

Pauley

THund3r

Y&E

Anyone else want to "reveal" their secret postcard sender/receiver too? I'm sure we'd all like to know!

And to those of you haven't received their cards yet...I hope you get yours soon too!

(lol...better late than never, I suppose)....

Thund3r-Thanks for your update on the list too.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

I am still waiting for my May postcard... :whistle:

Thund3r-Aww...Don't worry....

I hope you get your May postcard soon.....

It's probably in the mail, on its way to you now....

Keep checking....

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Here is April's List as I drew it (as is saved on my computer anyway...)

Sender - Receiver

Ant+D+BabyA - sdw

ashenflowers - tHund3r

Canadiandggal - OBX

CdnMN - Y&E

Christi and Ian - CdnMN

Colleens - Dan and Ali

coraliesolms - ashenflowers

Dan and Ali - lgg

Hugglebuggles - coraliesolms

Kathryn41 - Colleens

Kayla*Mathew - Pauley

lgg - lilacvioletiris

lilacvioletiris - Kathryn41

OBX - Ant+D+BabyA

Pauley - Hugglebuggles

sdw - steflovesbran

steflovesbran - Kayla*Mathew

tHund3r - Canadiandggal

Y&E - Christi and Ian

I had to do some rearranging on May's list at the last minute so what I have is not the most updated so I won't post it, in case it causes confusion.

I will start posting the exchange list prior to the following month's draw if everyone wants to see it... It will be easier for everyone I think, and less cluttery than all of us trying to update and repost the list individually. Thanks for trying though. lol :thumbs:

I am waiting to hear back from someone before I can do June's draw. If I don't hear by end of tomorrow, I will do it then without them I guess.

Let's put the monthly deadline at the 20th of the month. If you can't send your postcard by then, you MUST let me know, and like I've said, more importantly let the person you're supposed to send it to know via PM. It's really difficult and time consuming for me to try to keep track of who has or hasn't got theirs, and who was supposed to send it, and why they didn't, or when they did... etc. I don't want to sound hissy about it, but this is becoming harder for me than it needs to be. lol

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Sorry for the double post... I just checked and a few people I had originally listed for June actually aren't participating and I forgot to cross them off. I will post the updated June list when I've contacted everyone with their info. lol Sorry. As of right now I have 16 people participating for June. Not 19.

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow..it's June already. :clock:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

K guys, I did the draw for June, but it's 3:30am, and I have to go to sleep. LOL I will send out the info to all of you tomorrow! :star:

This is who I ended up having for June's draw. Hope that's right. lol If I missed anyone, please let me know asap! I can still fit you in even after I send out the info to everyone (I has plan...)! :)

1.Ant+D+BabyA

2.ashenflowers

3.Canadiandggal

4.CdnMN

5.Chickaflick

6.Christi and Ian

7.Colleens

8.coraliesolms

9.JlovesA

10.Kathryn41

11.lilacvioletiris

12.OBX

13.Pauley

14.tHund3r

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Ashenflowers-Thanks for posting the final list for April and for posting the final future (May, June, etc.) lists too. It will definitely be easier for you to do it this way, than for everyone else to try and update it. Oh well, at least I tried before to start a list to keep track of things. So I leave the lists up to you, as it is less cluttered and more organized this way. And yes, it certainly helps us all keep track of how the postcard exchange is going too. Hopefully, everyone will get their intended postcards, and with that, maybe we'll see more people partipating too, which should make things more interesting....;)

As for sending the postcards by the 20th of the month at the latest...No problem....:):thumbs:

That gives plenty of time for everyone to find a postcard, to write their postcard, to send it in the mail, and to be received by the end of the month to the intended reciever.Everyone else agree on that date too?

Also as a general guideline to everyone: Bear in mind mailing times (USPS/CANADA POST/etc..), so plan ahead accordingly for that too. And yes, to let the receiver know if your postcard won't arrive on time too.

Ashenflowers, we don't want to make this more difficult for you or anyone else participating than it has to be. After all, it should be "fun, easy and simple for everyone", regardless!

So on that note, I think it is of everyone that is participating in the postcard exchange to be responsible too, to make sure they send their postcards on time (by the 20th at latest) and to hopefully receive their postcards by the end of the month (by the 30th/31st). So again, plan ahead accordingly......

Happy postcard senders make for happy postcards, right?....:)

By the way, I just received my postcard name/address for June! Thanks too for posting the list of partipants for June too. I look forward to writing and sending my postcard to this receiver soon!

Ant

P.S. To whoever gets my June postcard- Please PM me and/or Post a Message on the thread as to when you receive your postcard, as it has quite a bit of distance to get there, and I want to make sure it gets there in time....Thanks!

Here is April's List as I drew it (as is saved on my computer anyway...)

I had to do some rearranging on May's list at the last minute so what I have is not the most updated so I won't post it, in case it causes confusion.

I will start posting the exchange list prior to the following month's draw if everyone wants to see it... It will be easier for everyone I think, and less cluttery than all of us trying to update and repost the list individually. Thanks for trying though. lol :thumbs:

I am waiting to hear back from someone before I can do June's draw. If I don't hear by end of tomorrow, I will do it then without them I guess.

Let's put the monthly deadline at the 20th of the month. If you can't send your postcard by then, you MUST let me know, and like I've said, more importantly let the person you're supposed to send it to know via PM. It's really difficult and time consuming for me to try to keep track of who has or hasn't got theirs, and who was supposed to send it, and why they didn't, or when they did... etc. I don't want to sound hissy about it, but this is becoming harder for me than it needs to be. lol

K guys, I did the draw for June, but it's 3:30am, and I have to go to sleep. LOL I will send out the info to all of you tomorrow! :star:

This is who I ended up having for June's draw. Hope that's right. lol If I missed anyone, please let me know asap! I can still fit you in even after I send out the info to everyone (I has plan...)! :)

1.Ant+D+BabyA

2.ashenflowers

3.Canadiandggal

4.CdnMN

5.Chickaflick

6.Christi and Ian

7.Colleens

8.coraliesolms

9.JlovesA

10.Kathryn41

11.lilacvioletiris

12.OBX

13.Pauley

14.tHund3r

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Can I play? :P

lol yes. Would you like to? PM me your address (or email vjpostcards@gmail.com <-- email preferred) and I will get you going :) You can still join June. Unless you were just joking. In which case, you're a meanie. :hehe:

And yes Ant, thanks for trying w/ the list. lol But I figured since I already have a complete one, I might as well just post it at the end of the month.

And yeah, I will promise to send out the draw and info before the 5th of every month, if we can all promise to send our cards out by the 20th :lol:

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.