tony65

pr/marrying uk cit

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Need help please ok heres my situation, i am a British citizen in the US NAVY and wanting to apply for my us citizenship. Also i am getting married in England in a few weeks to a British citizen. My question is can i apply for citizenship and a k3 and k4 as she has two girls 8 and 5. would like to know if this is the way to go or is there a better way, any help would be gratfully appreciated.

Thanks Tony.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Need help please ok heres my situation, i am a British citizen in the US NAVY and wanting to apply for my us citizenship. Also i am getting married in England in a few weeks to a British citizen. My question is can i apply for citizenship and a k3 and k4 as she has two girls 8 and 5. would like to know if this is the way to go or is there a better way, any help would be gratfully appreciated.

Thanks Tony.

Yes you can.

Best way:

Get your Citizenship, you should be able to get help from the Navy Legal service, never seen a post about the Navy, all Army and Marines, but the principal should be the same. Do this NOW.

You accan n apply for K3/4 as soon as you are married, but as a LPR you will have a very long wait, BUT as soon as you have your Citizenship you can upgrade.

You do not say where you are based, if you can go through the London Consulate that would be best bet, called here DCF.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for the info, i am based in maine so will i be able to do the DCF. What kind of wait are we talking about ? this is all so confusing. So when i get married will i have to file a 130 or k3 and k4. I will be in england in a week to get married, can i do anything while i am there.

Thanks Tony.

Thanks Tony.

Yes you can.

Best way:

Get your Citizenship, you should be able to get help from the Navy Legal service, never seen a post about the Navy, all Army and Marines, but the principal should be the same. Do this NOW.

You accan n apply for K3/4 as soon as you are married, but as a LPR you will have a very long wait, BUT as soon as you have your Citizenship you can upgrade.

You do not say where you are based, if you can go through the London Consulate that would be best bet, called here DCF.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can gather all the documents.

You can file as a LPR, but you need a Visa number, 6 year wait last time I looked, no wait for Citizens.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

can you not get the Navy people to help you navigate through your options? I am sure they are used to what has to be done to bring spouses of their employees to the USA.

Good luck to you!!

K1 Application

23 Feb 2006 - I-129 mailed

14 August 2006 - Approved!!!! :-)

21 October 2006 - Married in the mountains of North Carolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Application

6 November 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD and AP

09 Decemeber 2006 - e-mail received to say case was trasferred to California

16 December 2006- biometric appointment in Charlotte, NC

20 Jan 2007 -AP approved

24 Jan -EAD approved

28 June -Green card ordered

7 July wedding celebrations in Scotland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.