DND2009

AP Approved - now what?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Now that AP has been approved, how do we use it? And can we use it multiple times?

We have applied for AOS with EAD and AP (EAD and AP have been approved).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Now that AP has been approved, how do we use it? And can we use it multiple times?

We have applied for AOS with EAD and AP (EAD and AP have been approved).

You should read VJ Guideline first.

EAD : Employment Authorization Document that is used for working in the United States prior Green Card

AP : Advance Parole (travel document) is for traveling outside of the United States. It depends on how you applied AP with multiple times or one time that filled in I-131.

Timeline

You should read VJ Guideline first.

EAD : Employment Authorization Document that is used for working in the United States prior Green Card

AP : Advance Parole (travel document) is for traveling outside of the United States. It depends on how you applied AP with multiple times or one time that filled in I-131.

We filed it once and just received one letter, so my question is it only allowed for one use or can be used for mutiple entries?

We filed it once and just received one letter, so my question is it only allowed for one use or can be used for mutiple entries?

The AP documents will indicate "Multiple Trips" if it was issued that way - it's very likely that it is/will-be issued that way.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

So..my wife (who is undergoing AOS processing) has the AP letter and it is valid for multiple entries. We are planning to go on a trip overseas soon. My question is : Will the immigration officer at the US airport take the I-94 off her foreign passport when we leave the US? (and/or will a new I-94 be needed when we return to the US port of entry)? I am guessing she will need to fill out a fresh I-94 when we return to the US. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance!

AOS Phase

January 11, 2010: - Mailed AOS packet (I-485/ I-765/ I-131)

January 13, 2010: - Chicago received AOS packet

January 19, 2010: - Received 3 NOA email

January 20, 2010: - Check cashed[/color]

January 22, 2010: - Received 3 NOA hardcopies in the mail1st touch I-485, I-765 & I-131

February 01, 2010: - Touch - I-765 (EAD)

February 08, 2010: - Touch - I-485

February 08, 2010: - Case moved to CSC

February 13, 2010: - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (After a long wait!)

February 15, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & received e-mail that case is now pending

March 09, 2010: - Biometrics completed, Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 10, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 17, 2010: - EAD Card Production, Touch - I-131 (AP) & I-1765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Received AP in mail

March 25, 2010: - Received EAD in mail

April 02,14,15, and 21 2010: - Touch - I-485

April 21, 2010: - Green Card Production ordered!, Welcome letter/NOA April 24

April 29, 2010: - FINALLY!!!! Received Green Card in hand!

Group Spreadsheet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

So..my wife (who is undergoing AOS processing) has the AP letter and it is valid for multiple entries. We are planning to go on a trip overseas soon. My question is : Will the immigration officer at the US airport take the I-94 off her foreign passport when we leave the US? (and/or will a new I-94 be needed when we return to the US port of entry)? I am guessing she will need to fill out a fresh I-94 when we return to the US. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance!

Make sure----- you must appear on the AOS interview if they send an appointment letter to you OR your AOS application considered to be abandoned. I will leave I-94 question to others who know it.

Edited by UnIqUe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems odd that they only gave you one AP document. I though for multiple-trip AP's you normally got two. Anyways...

The way it ordinarily works is you have two identical AP documents. You carry them with you when you leave and guard them as tightly as your passport. You don't use them at all when you leave the US. When you arrive at a US PoE upon your return, you show them your passport and give them both AP documents. They will stamp both, keep one, and give you the other back. Upon subsequent returns to the US (if you end up making more than one trip abroad after you get your AP documents but before you get your GC (unlikely these days - GC seem to be showing up within 1-2 months after the AP documents: not a lot of time for traveling)) you just show them your remaining stamped AP document, and they let you through.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

It seems odd that they only gave you one AP document. I though for multiple-trip AP's you normally got two. Anyways...

The way it ordinarily works is you have two identical AP documents. You carry them with you when you leave and guard them as tightly as your passport. You don't use them at all when you leave the US. When you arrive at a US PoE upon your return, you show them your passport and give them both AP documents. They will stamp both, keep one, and give you the other back. Upon subsequent returns to the US (if you end up making more than one trip abroad after you get your AP documents but before you get your GC (unlikely these days - GC seem to be showing up within 1-2 months after the AP documents: not a lot of time for traveling)) you just show them your remaining stamped AP document, and they let you through.

Very helpful, thanks! I did receive too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Very helpful, thanks! I did receive too.

Oh, good. Then you should be all set.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.