eliu212

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone :),

I am just this step away from obtaining an interview date for my wife.

Quick review before stating the problem...

-I am in the process of the affidavit portion, I filed a joint sponsor with a great income to supplement my lack of income.

-I have mailed out the affidavit i864's for me, my wife and my joint sponsor.

-Now I recently received an notice stating in regards to my current income.

Here is how the portion of the letter I received looks:

122.jpg

I was previously employed January this year but that was a temporary position that ended February.

I'm now currently working on my own, providing computer services to friends and relatives, who pay in cash (so no proof).

I want to be 100% sure that my letter of explanation is what they expect, please read my letter and tell me if its good to go.

I called the NVC and they just tell me to send a letter of explanation for my situation but I don't want to risk wasting time!

Here is how my letter looks:

lettr.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone :),

I am just this step away from obtaining an interview date for my wife.

Quick review before stating the problem...

-I am in the process of the affidavit portion, I filed a joint sponsor with a great income to supplement my lack of income.

-I have mailed out the affidavit i864's for me, my wife and my joint sponsor.

-Now I recently received an notice stating in regards to my current income.

Here is how the portion of the letter I received looks:

122.jpg

I was previously employed January this year but that was a temporary position that ended February.

I'm now currently working on my own, providing computer services to friends and relatives, who pay in cash (so no proof).

I want to be 100% sure that my letter of explanation is what they expect, please read my letter and tell me if its good to go.

I called the NVC and they just tell me to send a letter of explanation for my situation but I don't want to risk wasting time!

Here is how my letter looks:

lettr.jpg

First, if you're sending in I-864 documents it's for a CR1 or IR1 visa, not a K3. If you stated you currently derive X income from an "employer" then they'll want evidence to back it up. Pay stubs would suffice. Are you sure it's YOUR affidavit they want this for? Perhaps they want this from the joint sponsor.

If you're self-employed, don't say you're employed. You may need to redo your I-864 as self-employed. There's just not enough information here.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

If your projected income for 2010 is $12,500 you will need a co-sponsor. At present, the 125% above the poverty level for 2 people is $18,212.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Thanks for the fast reply folks,

Yes I am sure they want my financial info, not my joint sponsor's.

My temporary job (which I stated in the i864 form) was temporary and finished this February.

Should I just provide those stubs and state that I am currently unemployed?

OR

Should I proceed with the letter?

[i will call the NVC tomorrow morning to confirm my new question... Self employed, or Unemployed with explanation and proof of previous job]

My temporary job (which I stated in the i864 form) was temporary and finished this February.

OR

[i will call the NVC tomorrow morning to confirm my new question... Self employed, or Unemployed with explanation and proof of previous job]

Sorry, didn't see the part where you said already that you have a joint sponsor :bonk:

Would you be able to get a letter from the temporary job/ agency stating that it was that and when it finished?

The general rule of thumb is send everything you can, so yes, send your paystubs for jan and feb, since they're contributing to your total annual income.

If you're in receipt of payment for work, even if it's in cash, then surely you wouldn't be classed as unemployed. Apart from through tax returns, is there any other way of someone 'registering' as self-employed in the US? Even if payment is in cash, for the sake of good book-keeping, you should be giving them an invoice and/or receipt.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

OR

See bold above. I would do both.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

My husband is self-employed, too.

We, also decided to write up a "letter of employment". Ours is a little more "descriptive", has a business card with it, the business logo and we got it all notarized.

It probably is not necessary because we have tax transcript and all that (he's owned his own business for 22 years.)

We also added different certificates of insurance, licenses etc.

Maybe that'll help ya

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Are you applying for a K3 or CR1? Did you file both an I-130 & I-129F?

I ask because there is no financial information required for the K3. It is suggested that you take tax transcripts, a letter of employment and W2's to your K3 interview. In your case, I would also take a sworn affidavit and tax transcript from the intending sponsor that he/she is aware of the commitment and has the income to support it. With the visa, you do not have to have the I-864 ready until AOS, which you can push out for quite a while after your spouse is admitted to the country.

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Filed: Timeline

Are you applying for a K3 or CR1? Did you file both an I-130 & I-129F?

I ask because there is no financial information required for the K3. It is suggested that you take tax transcripts, a letter of employment and W2's to your K3 interview. In your case, I would also take a sworn affidavit and tax transcript from the intending sponsor that he/she is aware of the commitment and has the income to support it. With the visa, you do not have to have the I-864 ready until AOS, which you can push out for quite a while after your spouse is admitted to the country.

CR1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.