germanguest

Absolutely Ridiculous..happended to anybody else?

20 posts in this topic

RFEs happen all the time.

Just think creatively and send them something else.

Have holiday cards from family members addressed to both of you?

When we filed for my husband's first green card, we were able to give them a Christmas card addressed to both of us, a friend's wedding invitation addressed to both of us, wedding photos, and, what seemed to be the interviewer's favorite, ultrasound photos of our yet-to-be-born daughter. (I was eight months pregnant at the time.)

We also made sure that they had a copy of our marriage license. Since he's applying for renewal now, we made sure to send them copies of our two children's birth certificates (they have both of our names on there.)

In my opinion, it isn't ridiculous for them to ask you for more evidence given what you originally sent.

I concur with meauxna's suggestions below.

However, they can both send in copies of their bank statements, showing that they have the same permanent address. There are lots of other types of evidence that show they reside in the same place etc, share social ties together (we sent copies of our Costco cards) and have other kinds of commitments to each other.

If they don't have the financial evidence, manufacturing it at this time might have the opposite effect as intended. However, there's a lot more they could show that people who do NOT live in relationship together wouldn't be able to pull together.

OP, you should probably also re-send everything you've already sent. There was a post recently from someone with the same RFE here: http://britishexpats...ad.php?t=660678

SA4userbar.jpg

So like 4 months ago I sent in my I-751 and had my biometrics appointment 3 months ago.

Yesterday I got a letter from them saying that the evidence submitted with my I-751 is insufficient.

Seriously, I dont know what else to send them. I sent them our joint leases from 2008-2010 (I dont have the lease contract from 2007 - 2008 because we moved), sent joint tax return, pictures of us, copies of plane tickets for trips we took together, joint automobile insurance. There is nothing else to send. We have seperated bank accounts, which we do on purpose so there will be no fighting over money, I still have my maiden name. I mean really?!? What else do they want!?!

Did that happen to anybody else?!? All I read in the forum is people getting approved..

Hi just follow the good advice that everyone has given you and you should be ok, I still use my maiden name and was approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

11/4/09 - package arrive in vermont

11/11/09 - received I 797C in mail (extension for a year)

11/19/09 received letter for fingerprinting

12/04/09 - FP appointment Done

marriage certificate

joint bank account statements

rent leases

pictures

baby birthcertificate

car insurance

blue cross insurance

tax return

water, power , cable , phone & internet bill .

ALL FILED JOINT AND NO UPDATE YET

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ALL FILED JOINT AND NO UPDATE YET

Then, respectfully, your post doesn't belong in this thread and has nothing to do with the OP's problem.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.