11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I sent the paperwork in to the Vermont Service Center, and it was received on January 25. I check visajourney regularly and see that others who have submitted around that time have gotten their NOA2. My file hasn't even been "touched". I know it says on the Vermont site that it can take five months to process, but I'm sitting here wondering what the hell I did wrong in order for my 1-129F to not be approved yet.

I'm really worried it's because I put the consulate as Toronto, not Montreal or Vancouver. And yet I haven't even been notified that it was wrong in the first place.

I'm trying to be patient but it's driving me insane, I'm about to get laid off and my fiance and I are fighting like mad.

I just really needed to vent, thanks for listening.

Putting the wrong consulate on your I 129f won't slow processing down.

Moving thread from K1 process to progress forum - hopefully others there going thru Vermont can give you ideas on how long their approvals have taken.

SA4userbar.jpg

Dont panic, i have read many posts like this and often within days, sometimes hours, they had recived their NOA2.. This is a painful process and it is certanily a test of patience.

Your time will come, keep the faith.

Good luck.

Nick

Edit.. as for fighting and such, i feel your pain, i really do.. but thats a good sign if you ask me.. Things will work out.. Stay Strong.

look at a few time line it will give you an idea of how long the approval takes.

Edited by nickm

Putting the wrong consulate on your I 129f won't slow processing down.

Moving thread from K1 process to progress forum - hopefully others there going thru Vermont can give you ideas on how long their approvals have taken.

Thanks, Nick, both for moving my post (I wasn't sure how or where to put it) and for the words of encouragement. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent the paperwork in to the Vermont Service Center, and it was received on January 25. I check visajourney regularly and see that others who have submitted around that time have gotten their NOA2. My file hasn't even been "touched". I know it says on the Vermont site that it can take five months to process, but I'm sitting here wondering what the hell I did wrong in order for my 1-129F to not be approved yet.

I'm really worried it's because I put the consulate as Toronto, not Montreal or Vancouver. And yet I haven't even been notified that it was wrong in the first place.

I'm trying to be patient but it's driving me insane, I'm about to get laid off and my fiance and I are fighting like mad.

Look at my timeline 101 days between Noa1 and Noa2. That should be your baseline and not the 40 days you see out of the California Service Center.

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Look at my timeline 101 days between Noa1 and Noa2. That should be your baseline and not the 40 days you see out of the California Service Center.

Hi May,

Thank you, this gives me a better idea of the time I should be expecting. Maybe now I can calm down a bit and just wait. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi May,

Thank you, this gives me a better idea of the time I should be expecting. Maybe now I can calm down a bit and just wait. :thumbs:

That was Jared though :)

But yes, 90-120 days is the more realistic spread in VSC right now.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You have to wait at least five months. Nothing is wrong.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

The waiting is soooo hard, but you have lots of company. I am not going to panic yet, I am just hoping that we see something within the next month :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I still have not heard anything and i send in our I-129f on November 21, 2009 and recieved a NOA1 on November 24, 2009 today is exactly 4 months (pulling my hair out). Just have to wait it out like the rest of us. I know it is stressful but everyone on here is going through the same agony if it makes you feel any better. Best of luck on your journey.

Timeline

06/27/2007 - We met online

04/29/2010 - Went to Morocco to visit Rachid

05/07/2010 - Married

06/15/2010 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

06/17/2010 - I-130 Packet Delivered, signed for by L. BOX

06/22/2010 - NOA1 issued and mailed

06/24/2010 - Cheque Cashed ($355)

06/25/2010 - Received NOA 1 in mail

06/29/2010 - Touched

06/30/2010 - Touched :)

08/03/2010 - Touched :)

10/07/2010 - Touched :)

01/26/2011 - RFE

02/08/2011 - Sent USCIS our RFE

02/10/2011 - USCIS Received the RFE

03/22/2011 - NOA2!!!!!!!!

03/28/2011 - NVC received our Petition

04/05/2011 - NVC Case Number Given

04/07/2011 - Paid AOS

04/16/2011 - Paid IV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Don't worry!! :) Our I-129F wasn't touched at all and it took us over 6 months to get approved. It should go much faster for you! Don't let this immigration ####### come between you and your SO. The wait is well worth it in the end, trust me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.