*SunRay*

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 25!

4,433 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning. Beautiful day here in NY. I have/had plans to go to auto show in city & also watch tyler new movie. Only thing is hubby has had some dead vibes of lately. My son is w/his dad & I figured this would allow us some "alone time". So wrong. 1st off I got him some clothes yesterday. Up til now he hasn't looked @ them. I approached him yesterday & asked him if he intended on coming upstairs. He responded with "whether upstairs or downstairs, it's the same thing. & how he will be looking @ a tv." I went off. I told him I got him some stuff & all now he hasn't come upstairs to see it. He replied " if I didn't buy anything, I wouldn't chat to him." A little insight ladies, hubby ran up my sprint phone bill to unimagineable amounts. They turned phone off. Now I have the outrageous $$$$ they want. But why should I pay it ASAP?! Ppl of importance have house #. His JA ppl don't. So he is suffering more. I miss my texting & my son calling me. When I approached him about phone, he says "sprint a thief." Now being ignorant b/c you don't have an idea about how contract phones work doesn't go over well w/me. So when it comes to that, I believe I ha e all right to be pissed. 2ndly, Monday my son says his tooth fell out while I was @ work. He said "daddy told me rinse my mouth." I replied" you called daddy for that? & I asked my son y he didn't tell cory. He told me cory was in bed." when I arrived home, I asked Cory if my son tooth fell out. His answer was " ah so him say" I went on about proper supervision & how he couldve looked in his mouth just to make sure everything was ok. I told him if it were his son, I wouldve done that. He tells me, my son is alright. That's beside the point!! My point was proper supervision!

I don't know ladies. I do know I'm getting out this bed to go do my nails & eyebrows. My man!! Boy oh boy. Well I hope he looks @ clothes, b/c I will return them. Anyhow, every1 enjoy the holiday weekend. Also give me your opinion about what I've said. Thanks

Oh my goodness, I have sprint and I'm scared that G will do the samething since there they talk til dem credit done. If and when you pay the bill, they have a long distance plan for $4 ; cell is 34cents a minute and landline is 14 or 34 cents a minute, I'm not telling you to get it so he can use it, I'm telling you to get just in case he uses your phone to call Jmaica again and don't tell him the plan is on the phone. Call sprint finance, give them a date that you can pay at least $100, pay the $100 and ask for another extension when you pay the $100 and keep doing that and they'll restore service.

My guess to his reaction is that he's probably stressed that he's not working. Go do your nails, feel good about yourself then ask him nice and kind if you guys can talk it out, see why he's not so in the mood... Don't approach him when your upset.

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning. Beautiful day here in NY. I have/had plans to go to auto show in city & also watch tyler new movie. Only thing is hubby has had some dead vibes of lately. My son is w/his dad & I figured this would allow us some "alone time". So wrong. 1st off I got him some clothes yesterday. Up til now he hasn't looked @ them. I approached him yesterday & asked him if he intended on coming upstairs. He responded with "whether upstairs or downstairs, it's the same thing. & how he will be looking @ a tv." I went off. I told him I got him some stuff & all now he hasn't come upstairs to see it. He replied " if I didn't buy anything, I wouldn't chat to him." A little insight ladies, hubby ran up my sprint phone bill to unimagineable amounts. They turned phone off. Now I have the outrageous $$$$ they want. But why should I pay it ASAP?! Ppl of importance have house #. His JA ppl don't. So he is suffering more. I miss my texting & my son calling me. When I approached him about phone, he says "sprint a thief." Now being ignorant b/c you don't have an idea about how contract phones work doesn't go over well w/me. So when it comes to that, I believe I ha e all right to be pissed. 2ndly, Monday my son says his tooth fell out while I was @ work. He said "daddy told me rinse my mouth." I replied" you called daddy for that? & I asked my son y he didn't tell cory. He told me cory was in bed." when I arrived home, I asked Cory if my son tooth fell out. His answer was " ah so him say" I went on about proper supervision & how he couldve looked in his mouth just to make sure everything was ok. I told him if it were his son, I wouldve done that. He tells me, my son is alright. That's beside the point!! My point was proper supervision!

I don't know ladies. I do know I'm getting out this bed to go do my nails & eyebrows. My man!! Boy oh boy. Well I hope he looks @ clothes, b/c I will return them. Anyhow, every1 enjoy the holiday weekend. Also give me your opinion about what I've said. Thanks

Welcome ta married hood chica. It sounds like your hubby is going through the depressing stages of missing home. With him not working and everything being new to him it sounds like it is starting ta get to him and in turn he’s taking it out on you. They never truly understand how there life will come to a stand still until they get all der paperwork completed.

I guess he does need to understand how your phone works. You figure when he had Digicel he could chat as long as der is money pon de phone. Not the case over here. I know your pain with Sprint. My phone got shut off too because I was chatting away even thought I had the Intl plan. Lets just say by the time I pay off Sprint it will be like I almost bought a second car so it will have to wait for a minute.

About your son I ca n see you begin upset. Its like umm honey excuse me your supposed ta be watching him. Go out and enjoy take some whoo saw time and then maybe when you come back try to sit down and talk about things calmly, maybe over dinner or going to the show might be a good idea for an outing. What ever you do don’t let it fester tell your hubby dat you want to talk not argue scream fuss or fight but talk. This too shall pass. Stay strong mami!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, I just asked him if he still wanted to go out. He said, "yes." so city here I come. That was wise b/c as I said it's a nice day. & sitting in house all day would be extremely boring. Hope we don't have any disagreements on road or train. More than likely not but who knows.

Yayyyy I'm glad he changed his mind....

BBQ chicken, Fish, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Potato Salad, Salad, and who knows what else

Dag dat sounds good!!!!

Good morning.

My teammates around the world are off today for Good Friday, but not those of us in the United States! :angry:

Can't be too upset..10 hours until the WEEKEND!

Hey Nat, girl I am the same way everyone is off except me :crying: but the good thing is my boss told me I could leave @ 3:00 :dancing:

Good Morning All..

Praise Jesus for his wonderful sacrifice, i feel so blessed today..

Hope u all have great weekends.. Be blessed

Hey Q thanks Sis I do too! all the things we complain about is nothing in comparison to the blessings we recv :yes:

Mawnin and Happy Good Friday to all....

Thanks for all the pic comments.

I want to leave work early to go see Why did I get married 2. I wonder if hubby is up for that? lol

It's so beautiful out today and I don't want to spend my whole day at work. Ugh!

Hey Sun, yes its so beautiful can't wait to get home and into the garden!

Wait wha mi miss what pic comments?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is just wrong Finesse. I wanna be outside on my bike so badly..

Congrats on the wedding license.

Sunray--did you go to the Cherry Blossom Festival?? My aunt went last year and said that I would like it.

I went to bank to get money order. I like for the money to be out right then and there.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. :thumbs:

I agree i think a cashiers check would be betta. Easier to track.

Not sure if you have a PNC in the area. If so get one from them therefore if something goes wrong I got someone who can get right on it fi yuh!!!!

LMAO, there is but I really dont know too much abt them lol

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Besa my mom just did the same thing with her citizen application so lets see if they send it back.

Nice pic Sunny!

I hope not... Idk, I guess my frustration is kicking in and school not helping the load, a bay fooli-nish a gwaan wid them ppl ya, a just hope mi nuh fail no class caw ppl inna di grp nah do nothin

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We went on a hike to see the Cherry Blossoms today. On the way Obama came through. This was the first time I'd seen his motorcade since he's been in office. I was waving... lol

Pretty picture Sunny :thumbs:

TAMH

Timeline

Mawnin Yardies!!

Yeah, Nat that probably averages about the same time.

Nice Pics!!

Have fun. I can't wait to get there!

I will be in DC June 13-17 for a conference! Who all lives nearby? I want to link up with mi fellow yardies. I will also bring hubby and maybe my daughter.

Hey Char, let me know when the MD link up is going down.

TAMH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone.....I am back and doing alright because this trip was FABULOUS! I tried to post from there but I was trying to hurry since I wasn't sure if I was gonna get charged on my phone ((even though I had it on airplane mode) using wireless internet) that the post deleted itself...I think. I will go back and try and catch up on what yall been doing the last couple of days...

Michael was so surprised...he was about 3 minutes late which gave me time to exit and watch from the side when he ran upto the front to see if he can find my "friend in jeans" who would be looking for him in his "oregon" shirt.... I came up behind him and bout near gave him a stroke (as he say's). We locked lips (after he said...I cyant believe!!) for what seemed like forever....

He kept calling his friends and family to tell them "my wife is here!" then handed me the phone to say hello.....it was toooo cute. We made it to the Bed & Breakfast which OMG was wonderful....if anyone EVER needs a place to stay in Mobay I have the perfect place!!!! Will review it for yall later...

I posted pic's on facebook...let me go back and catch up....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Quana did R get paid today why you're so happy?

Just kidding girl, when you look at what's going around the world, you recognize that it is truly a blessing to be alive, well and happy withthe one you love.

LMAO :rofl:

Have a great day y'all. Bout to go do my hair and nails and get my honey a suit for the wedding.

Sounds like a plan to me girl have a great day pampering yuh self :thumbs:

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20100401/

The visas of five of Jamaica's top entertainers have been revoked, THE WEEKEND STAR understands. According to information coming from the Fraud Prevention Arm of the United States Embassy in Kingston, the visas of Bounty Killer, Mavado, Beenie Man, Adonia and selector Ricky Trooper are in the process of being cancelled.

When contacted for confirmation last night, Minister of National Security, Senator Dwight Nelson, relayed through his communications department that "he has no such information."

However, a document obtained by THE WEEKEND STAR stated that: "The Embassy of the United States in Kingston, Jamaica, is in the process of revoking the visas of the following citizens of Jamaica. The people mentioned here currently hold a US visa that we have not yet been able to physically cancel. Do not allow these passengers to board any flights bound for the United States in reliance on this visa."

revoked

The document then names Moses Anthony Davis (Beenie Man) two visas; Garfield Augustus McKoy (Ricky Trooper), two visas; Sheldon Ricardo Aitana Lawrence, (Aidonia); David Brooks (Mavado), two visas; and Rodney Basil Price (Bounty Killer) two visas, as those persons whose visas are in the process of being revoked

This is really serious but if this was about Dudus why dem never revoke the politicians and dem family's Visas???. People nuh really understand how deep this really is.

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about hubby acting up, but he has to realize that you have to economize and cut back where necessary.

I can understand you loosing it, anyone would, but sometimes that approach doesn't help especially when dealing with men and their pride and ego. Try sitting him down and talk to him (If you haven't done so already)and hopefully he'll understand that he had a role to play. Good luck and I hope everything works out soon and he'll come around.

TAMH

Timeline

Life's Journey, I wonder what else is behind the revoked visa story.

Mo, I FEEL you on the cell phone story. Similar thing happened to me. Steven thought he was calling people using their Rebtel numbers (.20/minute) but was using the call history & instead calling their Jamaica lines directly (I had put both numbers for each contact in his phone). When I saw the overages, my heart DROPPED. Fortunately, it was still during the billing cycle, so I called T-Mobile & had them apply the international plan to the phone. That cut the overages by 2/3, but it was STILL a lot (I think around $80). Since then, we've only had one instance where he ran it up an extra $80 or so, calling his mother directly on her friend's line instead of putting it in Rebtel.

But as of yesterday, we're following a STRICT cash budget which will limit international calls to $70/month (whether topping up phones or Rebtel). I don't think it will be an issue because when he first got here, he talked to his family/friends ALL THE TIME, but now that he has friends here, he doesn't call Jamaica as much.

Eric_Jew Nug & Philly, I hope my supervisor (who just started the role yesterday) lets us go early, too.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Oh my goodness, I have sprint and I'm scared that G will do the samething since there they talk til dem credit done. If and when you pay the bill, they have a long distance plan for $4 ; cell is 34cents a minute and landline is 14 or 34 cents a minute, I'm not telling you to get it so he can use it, I'm telling you to get just in case he uses your phone to call Jmaica again and don't tell him the plan is on the phone. Call sprint finance, give them a date that you can pay at least $100, pay the $100 and ask for another extension when you pay the $100 and keep doing that and they'll restore service.

My guess to his reaction is that he's probably stressed that he's not working. Go do your nails, feel good about yourself then ask him nice and kind if you guys can talk it out, see why he's not so in the mood... Don't approach him when your upset.

Kjenkins, I have it. The $4 international plan. But it didn't help. So when I do turn it on, I'm putting a block on his line. He'll have to utilize phonecards. And the extension thing, did that too. Mind you, I called to give $1100 the other day. Lady refused b/c it isn't total past due. Ha e you ever. Bill collectors deny $$ in this day & age?! She also said acct is in collections. Straight madness.

Timeline

Life's Journey, I wonder what else is behind the revoked visa story.

Mo, I FEEL you on the cell phone story. Similar thing happened to me. Steven thought he was calling people using their Rebtel numbers (.20/minute) but was using the call history & instead calling their Jamaica lines directly (I had put both numbers for each contact in his phone). When I saw the overages, my heart DROPPED. Fortunately, it was still during the billing cycle, so I called T-Mobile & had them apply the international plan to the phone. That cut the overages by 2/3, but it was STILL a lot (I think around $80). Since then, we've only had one instance where he ran it up an extra $80 or so, calling his mother directly on her friend's line instead of putting it in Rebtel.

But as of yesterday, we're following a STRICT cash budget which will limit international calls to $70/month (whether topping up phones or Rebtel). I don't think it will be an issue because when he first got here, he talked to his family/friends ALL THE TIME, but now that he has friends here, he doesn't call Jamaica as much.

Eric_Jew Nug & Philly, I hope my supervisor (who just started the role yesterday) lets us go early, too.

Nat, it seems as if I'm going to have to implement a strict budget over here too b/c there is no $$$$ tree in my backyard

Timeline

Welcome ta married hood chica. It sounds like your hubby is going through the depressing stages of missing home. With him not working and everything being new to him it sounds like it is starting ta get to him and in turn he’s taking it out on you. They never truly understand how there life will come to a stand still until they get all der paperwork completed.

I guess he does need to understand how your phone works. You figure when he had Digicel he could chat as long as der is money pon de phone. Not the case over here. I know your pain with Sprint. My phone got shut off too because I was chatting away even thought I had the Intl plan. Lets just say by the time I pay off Sprint it will be like I almost bought a second car so it will have to wait for a minute.

About your son I ca n see you begin upset. Its like umm honey excuse me your supposed ta be watching him. Go out and enjoy take some whoo saw time and then maybe when you come back try to sit down and talk about things calmly, maybe over dinner or going to the show might be a good idea for an outing. What ever you do don’t let it fester tell your hubby dat you want to talk not argue scream fuss or fight but talk. This too shall pass. Stay strong mami!!!

Well the acct is in collections which I hate. But I'm going to turn in back on shortly but we have to be clear on phone usage. Plus I'm going to put a block on his line. He has to utilize phone cards. Enough is enough. I'm trying to save $$$!!!!

I did my nails & eyebrows. He complimented me so he is seeing the light. Lol

I'm @ barber w/him now. So soon we will head to city. Prbly come

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.