*SunRay*

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 25!

4,433 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All they wanted for Jazz to register was his birth certificate, school records and a copy of his passport. They didn't ask what his immigration status was. If you file for them they will be in status and will be getting their greencards within weeks of them arriving so just showing them the stamp in the passport will work. They won't be coming up on a K1 they will be coming up as immigrants.

It is a hard adjustment and from my experience I believe it is best to have them start school fresh in the fall. It will be even harder to adjust if they come in the middle of the year. Just my opinion.

thanks.. i thought it would be better that way too, its just it takes so long..i figure its a year give or take so if we file now :wacko: we could have them here by the time school starts next year..or else wait until next summer.. option 2 i think.. :star:

Timeline

:rofl: mi nuh freak n tell...

alright..well i'll ask u something a lil LESS spicy..

wha baby mama tink bout the beautiful babies?? she still wan ur step daughter fi come live wid unnu or har acting up now???

no kidding...we need to install one of those revolving doors on our house....at least this time people are bringing us gifts! :lol:

thats always good!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

alright..well i'll ask u something a lil LESS spicy..

wha baby mama tink bout the beautiful babies?? she still wan ur step daughter fi come live wid unnu or har acting up now???

hubby hasnt talked to her in months....last time he talked to her he cussed her because daughter wasnt going to school...she told him to phock off and hung up. hubbys brother is the one who cares for daughter anyway so he dont have to deal wid her....she is sort of in and out of daughters life...not exactly a 'mother'...she never caused us much drama. she already signed the paper for her daughter to come.....we just put it on hold for a minute cause of the twins and hubbys LOC thing but we will be back on that soon.

mi sons father actually called me to say congrats...

Timeline

hubby hasnt talked to her in months....last time he talked to her he cussed her because daughter wasnt going to school...she told him to phock off and hung up. hubbys brother is the one who cares for daughter anyway so he dont have to deal wid her....she is sort of in and out of daughters life...not exactly a 'mother'...she never caused us much drama. she already signed the paper for her daughter to come.....we just put it on hold for a minute cause of the twins and hubbys LOC thing but we will be back on that soon.

How old is the little girl?

That was very nice for your son's dad to call and congrat you.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dillon, will Jazz go back to JA in the summer?

That is the plan...he has to go to summer school until 7/8 and then after that he will go to Jamaica to see his Mom until right before school starts in the middle of August.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

when jq going to ja?

You mean JQ Smiley BOOM... That's her new name. I'm not sure when she's leaving, but the interview is on April 9th.

ROC

Timeline

aww.. thats cool hubby bro taking care of his niece.. i love when men step up!!

glad ur son's father (baby daddy lol) is being nice too! what a relief when things go smoothly

Timeline

she will be 11 in april

Okay that's too damn young not to be attending school. Why do people think that is ok in JA? Just in general...

ROC

Timeline

That is the plan...he has to go to summer school until 7/8 and then after that he will go to Jamaica to see his Mom until right before school starts in the middle of August.

thats a nice break for him.. u think he will be hesitant to come back? does he miss ja alot?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

thats a nice break for him.. u think he will be hesitant to come back? does he miss ja alot?

I don't think he misses Jamaica so much...he misses his Mom a lot. I am not sure if he will be hesitant to come back. I know he really likes it here and would miss Marley a lot if he didn't come back. Plus Mikel wouldn't let him have the choice...he has to come back whether he likes it or not.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Okay that's too damn young not to be attending school. Why do people think that is ok in JA? Just in general...

i have no idea...it really pisses me off and i try not to think about it too much. the girl is so so so smart...she cries when she doesnt go to school...it is really a heart wrencher. can't wait til she gets here..so many things she could be doing..i have big plans fi har :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.