*SunRay*

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 25!

4,433 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL @ that horse picture!

We are vegetarian to begin with so those recipes are right along the lines of what we eat already. Just trying to stay away from anything processed. Pre-made type stuff.

Nat .. .I agree with hubby about the samples and buffets. NOT my favorite thing. I can't even think about who has touched, sneezed in, let their hair fall in.. whatever... ew!

As a matter of fact I'm not a buffet person either and its only bcuz to me the food isnt hot and two I love to be waited on. My ex was a buffet lover and we clashed all the time.

Im great, Friday Hubby and I went with our friends to see Ledisi and Mint Condition. Ledisi put on one hell of a performance. Mint Condition was a little weak. But we enjoyed ourselves.

Saturday my best friend and I, my daughter and her son, went to see The Cake Boss, but we never saw him!!! They had him in a room for 1 hour and they were overbooked :( We decided to get the kids some candy and took them to eat. We still had a good time.

Then hubby and I met up in Delaware with RegAl and her hubby, Heart In Jamaica and her hubby. Went to a reggae spot. Had a great time as well. Let's just say I was feeling no pain. RegAl and I sang karoke! (Car Wash and Long Walk) We both was feeling no pain hahahahaha. We even was windin it up! lol.. Today I stayed in bed most of the day. My son took hubby to philly and my daughter is with friends! I actually can walk around butt nekkid for a minute lol just kidding....I had a very nice weekend! :)

I LOVE MINT CONDITION!! I don't think they get the recognition they deserve. I bet they'll be on "UnSung" soon.

Ok....so now in Minneapolis/St Paul....have an hour till takeoff....I always find it interesting trying to figure out ppl story who are going to JA. Newlyweds, ppl going to get married, jamaicans going home and of course the females going to see thier men....(yes I know there are other stories-but these r more interesting)

I am soooo loving the fact that delta allows 2 peices of checked for FREE! they are gonna give me ###### cause I am only there for 4 days but have 2 bags. I hit up dollar tree for all kinds of fun stuff for the kids on the lane (jump rope,kites, swim goggles, bubbles...) then went to walmart and got the same kids (2 sets of twins) each a little outfit...I don't think anybody ever brings them anything and they live with their grandmother who can barely manage them.

Anyway....from my previous post, I was able to run and grab a wendy's chicken sandwich b4 takeoff BAD MISTAKE cause it was my brain telling me I should b hungry cause I had only eaten a filet-o-fish at 3 but my body wasn't needing anything so now I feel stuffed! Great stuffed to the brim with processed fast food....no good :(

Oh well...nobodys in here yet, i will hang out til I board cause I'm bored...

ME too. I would love to ask them so how did you discover Jamaica?

MORNING LADIES

My weekend was not fun at all I was in the emerg. for practically the whole day on Saturday. I had really bad chest pains. Doctors ran all sorts of tests. Everything came back normal. Acid reflux was the diagnosis. I am feeling alot better though.

Hope you feel better

Well I was on my period and so far I haven't told him that I am off.

Does anyone do it/or have you ever while there on their period? And be honest

Good morning ladies

Friday went to see Sinbad with hubby, dad, step mom, aunt and uncle. Everyone was laughing except my hubby. He was ready to go after 30 minutes talking about where did we park. I said Valet :bonk: :bonk: wanting to go sit in the car. I hate when he acts like that :angry:

So I just ignored him and kept on laughing.

We left and went home after that

Saturday I went to my Census job and sat there for 7 hours, not one person needed help with any form so I got paid for free. Ate and played on the computer. I also made my MP3 player list of new songs 104 for my Ja trip. My friend got MP3 speaker so we gone be ok in the hotel.. I love getting dressed and listenign to music.

Sunday we went to church and cleaned the house and just chilled. Hubby went to his soccer game and I washed clothes and relaxed. The kids are gone for the whole week. I also made plans to hit a few stores with my girl to prep for Jamaica but when hubby found out I was leaving. Well lets just say I didn't go anywhere. :devil: :devil: :devil: He always do that. :angry: Fresh out the shower attack me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::bonk:

PS.... Big lots had the Baby Phat Golden Goddess Perfume on sale for $$$6.00$ :dance: :dance: :dance: I love that smell,, I bought 3. 06225090006.jpg

Ewww thats a good deal

That's the same thing I did & told them exactly that. Our appointment was for sometime in January, but we walked in on December 23. We had to speak to the site supervisor to see if we could do the walk-in & she asked why. I told her because I was off that day & wouldn't be off work on the scheduled date. She checked the # of people waiting and it wasn't that many, so she said okay.

I think Quana or Dillon walked-in & was told to come back later in the day. It's def worth a shot.

Yea I tried that and they turned me down cause they "were so busy". :angry: They were but it pissed me off because you have to pay $7 fu**kn dollars just to park. And its cash only....

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yea I tried that and they turned me down cause they "were so busy". :angry: They were but it pissed me off because you have to pay $7 fu**kn dollars just to park. And its cash only....

That sucks. Where we went, parking was ample & free. That's how I felt last time I went to the gynecologist. She was 2 hrs behind, so my 4:00 would've turned into a 6:00. I rescheduled, but it sucked because I still had to pay to park.

When I was in college, we played "I Never" once & the question reminded me of yours. It was "I never received ___ while on my period." And to EVERYONE'S horror, someone drank to that.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

OK, I just sent my mom $500 moneygram this morning because they are buying my sister a car.

She is a good child just hella stuck up and boogie. She is 16 soon to be 17 this summer.

She gets good grades and has been in over 20 beauty pagents.

They are buying her a 2004 toyota camry and she was crying because the paint job is horrible. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

That what they get for spoiling the princess :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gotta love her 16 in 2010 God Bless her they got a lot to learn. :help:

$20 bills in the eggs, I'll come also Auntie Sunray :rofl: :rofl:

Me too

Look mami i got you slow down MrsJQBoomhotandbotheredforavjspreadsheet!lol

Can I get the spreadsheet too, ma'am thanks

Im making chicken parm tonight! mmmmmmmm I can't wait! *lickin my lips*

You know ever since I got married I have become this amazing cook. I not just saying it either everything that I make is delicious. If anyone knew me before they wouldn't believe it because I think I've burned everything including water (don't ask), but I prayed and asked God to please help me to prepare nutrious meals for my family and boy has He blessed me. ANYWOO, I said all that to say that Chicken Parmessan is one dish that I CANNOT make. I've tried it like 3 times and all of them were disasters. Any suggestions? cause I love getting it at Olive Garden

Good Luck with that I bought a Jack La lanne juicer about a year ago used it maybe 5 or six times it is awesome when I use it but for the most part it just sits on the counter :whistle:

Hey I bought that one for Hubby for Christmas and He LOVES it. Its a really good juicer, try it

Edited by ShaNette

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Does anyone watch Dancing with the Stars?

NAT: Girl, I tried those Morning Star BB burgers...................and they are DELICIOUS!!! I love them, I'm taking them for lunch tomorrow

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

That sucks. Where we went, parking was ample & free. That's how I felt last time I went to the gynecologist. She was 2 hrs behind, so my 4:00 would've turned into a 6:00. I rescheduled, but it sucked because I still had to pay to park.

When I was in college, we played "I Never" once & the question reminded me of yours. It was "I never received ___ while on my period." And to EVERYONE'S horror, someone drank to that.

:rofl: I plea the 5th to that one too :rofl:

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

Sounds good. I couldn't see the picture at work but will def check it when I get home.

I never heard that phrase in my life. Glad there were some later posts to clarify.

JQ, picture my husband won't eat at buffets or partake of free samples in grocery stores. He doesn't like food that multiple people can touch. headbonk.gif That definitely limits our options. I hope he gets over it soon.

Thats an ol head saying nat... rofl.gif

I was going to comment but mi changed mi mind..... whistling.gif

I don't spit or swallow, I'd rather die!!!!!headbonk.gifheadbonk.gif or do ####### rofl.gif

They may not even ask for a reason. Just tell them you have your appointment and wanted to see if you could get it done early. The worst they can say is no. Good Luck!

Thanks Dills Niq, cause thats what I'm going to do!

Timeline

Me too

Can I get the spreadsheet too, ma'am thanks

You know ever since I got married I have become this amazing cook. I not just saying it either everything that I make is delicious. If anyone knew me before they wouldn't believe it because I think I've burned everything including water (don't ask), but I prayed and asked God to please help me to prepare nutrious meals for my family and boy has He blessed me. ANYWOO, I said all that to say that Chicken Parmessan is one dish that I CANNOT make. I've tried it like 3 times and all of them were disasters. Any suggestions? cause I love getting it at Olive Garden

Hey I bought that one for Hubby for Christmas and He LOVES it. Its a really good juicer, try it

It's really easy to make chicken parm. Buy the chicken breasts that are fillets, clean them and season them. Take a mixture of milk and eggs, blend it and dip the chicken breasts in it. Bread it with Italian bread crumbs. put oil in the pan, let it get hot and put the fillets in. Just brown them on both sides. Don't cook them for too long, just a little brownness....When they are done line them in a pan. Cut up mozzarella cheese and lay it on (or you can use shredded mozz) the fillets. Pour your gravy (tomato sauce) on top of the cheese. Put another layer of cheese on them and use shredded or grated Parmesan cheese to top it off let it bake in the oven until the cheese brown at 350 deg. Make you some garlic bread and have the spaghetti noodles cooking..... and VIOLA.. CHICKEN PARM!!! The trick to any tasty dish is the choice of seasonings you use! Im going to post pics of it..

It's really easy to make chicken parm. Buy the chicken breasts that are fillets, clean them and season them. Take a mixture of milk and eggs, blend it and dip the chicken breasts in it. Bread it with Italian bread crumbs. put oil in the pan, let it get hot and put the fillets in. Just brown them on both sides. Don't cook them for too long, just a little brownness....When they are done line them in a pan. Cut up mozzarella cheese and lay it on (or you can use shredded mozz) the fillets. Pour your gravy (tomato sauce) on top of the cheese. Put another layer of cheese on them and use shredded or grated Parmesan cheese to top it off let it bake in the oven until the cheese brown at 350 deg. Make you some garlic bread and have the spaghetti noodles cooking..... and VIOLA.. CHICKEN PARM!!! The trick to any tasty dish is the choice of seasonings you use! Im going to post pics of it..

You don't put any parmessan cheese in the bread crumb mix? That where I get lost. It either burns and/or I can't taste the parmessan cheese.....but you've encouraged me to try it again. Your description got my mouth watering...yum

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

Alot of you guys may be wondering what all the fuss is about in FB lets just say Imma have to put this little girl in her place....a family member talking about things which she knows nothing about. She is about to feel the wrath of Rashida... I don't know why folks want me to get ugly but I can get REAL ugly. I have 25 vacation days. She gotta come out the house eventually! Chomad.gif

You don't put any parmessan cheese in the bread crumb mix? That where I get lost. It either burns and/or I can't taste the parmessan cheese.....but you've encouraged me to try it again. Your description got my mouth watering...yum

No because you will lose the taste and the trick is not to cook the chicken completely done because when you put it in the oven it will finish cooking. It will be dry if you cook it all the way. I used shaved parmessan on the top

Alot of you guys may be wondering what all the fuss is about in FB lets just say Imma have to put this little girl in her place....a family member talking about things which she knows nothing about. She is about to feel the wrath of Rashida... I don't know why folks want me to get ugly but I can get REAL ugly. I have 25 vacation days. She gotta come out the house eventually! Chomad.gif

No because you will lose the taste and the trick is not to cook the chicken completely done because when you put it in the oven it will finish cooking. It will be dry if you cook it all the way. I used shaved parmessan on the top

ok thanks

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

I have a question for the techie yardies (Philly? Nat? Anyone else?).

What do you use to remove spyware or malware from your computer? Or HOW do you do it? Do you change the registry, etc.? I need to get rid of my desktop computer to make room on the desk for the laptop BUT, I want to clean up the hard drive & save some of the files from that system before I recycle the computer. I used all kinds of things in attempts to clean it before but I'm wondering if any of you have some better ideas that are hopefully free!

Stuff I wanted to comment on from earlier...

Sorry if I missed anything important...I only skimmed this time.

LadyC, I was cracking up at your 'sexy party battle'! When are these men gonna learn that when they keep us happy, they'll be happy??

Congrats to Dens, Spanglas & Mrstee on the AOS send off!

Nat, I'm so with you on the food sharing thing with the hubby! Don't mess with MY leftovers dammit!

Shanette, Happy Anniversary again! And, I'm so relieved to see that man was arrested....God have mercy on him.

Philly, I liked that video but I like Gyptian's version the best:

I like this too:

Does anyone do it/or have you ever while there on their period? And be honest

Not often but yes, we have. Only towards the end though when it's really light.

Okay, off to bed. Night Yardies!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.