*SunRay*

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 25!

4,433 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As a few said, I def think he's just reflecting on the HUGE step he's about to take. Especially if he hasn't travelled much, it can't be easy for him to pack up everything & leave all that is familiar (family, friends, culture, country).

Perhaps you can ask him how he's feeling.

Thanks~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please ladies I am begging for ur prayers right now. I just got word that my cousin is missing in Jamaica!! Please pray for us!! :(

1luv, my prayers and best wishes to you and yours! (F)

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

1luv, prayers sent.

--------

So we attended this "Get Motivated" seminar in New Orleans yesterday & there was one story in particular I want to share with you all. To give credit, Bob Kittell was the speaker who shared it.

He was driving his little daughter somewhere and she figured out how to break free from the carseat for the first time. "Get back in the carseat" he told her. She gave him a look like "___ Please!" He told her again & she gave him the look again. "If you don't get back in, I will pull over!" She didn't get in so he pulled over. He opened the back door, all upset... but then was struck with the idea "Give her a hug." So he gave her a hug and she busted out crying. That lasted for a minute or two, then he asked her if she was ready to go back home. She shook her head yes and got back in the carseat. He still doesn't know what was upsetting her, but is glad he didn't fuss at or punish her.

That story really hit home for me: sometimes when people (husband, friend, family member) act out, it's because something is really bothering them that we know nothing about. Instead of responding to their actions, we can get a better outcome by being supportive.

One night my husband was hanging with his friends in the apt complex for SEVERAL hours. By midnight, I was like: This has been long enough. I couldn't get through to him on his phone and didn't want to go knock on anyone's door. But I heard a noise & looked outside & saw him standing between two of his friends. They were LOUD (and obviously had been drinking). I couldn't tell exactly what was going on, but could tell that Steven was trying to diffuse the situation. He kept taking one guy on walks to cool off. Well, TWO HOURS LATER, he finally came home & I let him know how I felt about him being gone that long without calling or answering his phone, and how he needs to take care of his own business/family instead of getting in other peoples' business. He couldn't believe my reaction, saying I had no idea what was really going on. Basically, he possibly stopped one friend from doing something really stupid to the other one. He said he came inside and hoped I'd give him emotional support, but instead was greeted with an emotional (and perhaps loud) scene. In retrospect, I could've asked about what what happened, let him explain, then calmly state why I found that situation to be problematic, but instead I responded emotionally first, then he didn't even want to talk about what happened (until the next day). Anyway, I'm going to start hugging more & I bet the results will be better.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

1luv, prayers sent.

--------

So we attended this "Get Motivated" seminar in New Orleans yesterday & there was one story in particular I want to share with you all. To give credit, Bob Kittell was the speaker who shared it.

He was driving his little daughter somewhere and she figured out how to break free from the carseat for the first time. "Get back in the carseat" he told her. She gave him a look like "___ Please!" He told her again & she gave him the look again. "If you don't get back in, I will pull over!" She didn't get in so he pulled over. He opened the back door, all upset... but then was struck with the idea "Give her a hug." So he gave her a hug and she busted out crying. That lasted for a minute or two, then he asked her if she was ready to go back home. She shook her head yes and got back in the carseat. He still doesn't know what was upsetting her, but is glad he didn't fuss at or punish her.

That story really hit home for me: sometimes when people (husband, friend, family member) act out, it's because something is really bothering them that we know nothing about. Instead of responding to their actions, we can get a better outcome by being supportive.

One night my husband was hanging with his friends in the apt complex for SEVERAL hours. By midnight, I was like: This has been long enough. I couldn't get through to him on his phone and didn't want to go knock on anyone's door. But I heard a noise & looked outside & saw him standing between two of his friends. They were LOUD (and obviously had been drinking). I couldn't tell exactly what was going on, but could tell that Steven was trying to diffuse the situation. He kept taking one guy on walks to cool off. Well, TWO HOURS LATER, he finally came home & I let him know how I felt about him being gone that long without calling or answering his phone, and how he needs to take care of his own business/family instead of getting in other peoples' business. He couldn't believe my reaction, saying I had no idea what was really going on. Basically, he possibly stopped one friend from doing something really stupid to the other one. He said he came inside and hoped I'd give him emotional support, but instead was greeted with an emotional (and perhaps loud) scene. In retrospect, I could've asked about what what happened, let him explain, then calmly state why I found that situation to be problematic, but instead I responded emotionally first, then he didn't even want to talk about what happened (until the next day). Anyway, I'm going to start hugging more & I bet the results will be better.

I think we all need to be reminded from time to time to just CHILL OUT! I know I do well with others...I have lots of tolerance for schoolmates, aquaintances and friends but my family(kids & michael)...that is another story! I often times find myself yelling vs listening and talking so thanks for this Nat....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

1luv prayers are sent. (F)

Jamerican Queen, where our baby girl at?

Nat,I will definitely be taking notes on the whole experience...it has been an easy process for the most part. Congrats on Steve's grades...

The Rugrats I referred to was...the 5 kids I watched for a girlfriend on Saturday night!

Ells, hugs to you Mama! I applaud you for putting it out there. I pray things improve. Tell your hubby exactly what you demand...you deserve to be loved like you love.

Always, thank you for that prayer! I will definitely be going to get that book!

Lady C, don't work too hard and congrats to G!

Mo, I hope you get all your $$$ back soon.

KJ, hope you hear something soon about if you knocked up or not!

Besa, what's up?

Dills, where Nique at?

Dada, what's been up?

Char, hope all is well.

JG, Hope you been staying out of trouble. I saw you with them "CFM" heels on...sexi!!!! :devil:

Tee, hope all is well Mama! We're moving along in this AOS process!

----------------------------------------------

Hope I didn't miss anyone...that's what I get for missing a day or two! Blame my mind not my heart...miss you all!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I was reading other portals and found this story. I am outdone!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/250358-opened-sealed-envelope-at-the-airport-in-accra/

Edited by Shaunsgal

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please ladies I am begging for ur prayers right now. I just got word that my cousin is missing in Jamaica!! Please pray for us!! :(

My prayers are going up for your cousin!

1luv, prayers sent.

--------

Great words to live by Nat. Thanks for the sharing this.

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Timeline

slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapyes.gif

Sike, maybe you shouldn't have slapped him but you have the right to be upset.. See thats why I just know you are pregnant... look at all the emotions you are showing!yes.gif I bet he wont do that ish again lol

I'm hoping I am and I'm hoping I'm not, that's an indication that I am, with all those mixed emotions because before I soo wanted to get pregant. I will let y'all nosey azzes know as soon as I find out tho :yes:

kicking.gifHubby just called.. biometrics appointement on 4/29/10 @2:30 yippppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee kicking.gif

YAYYYYYYYY!!! So soon, wow I'm happy for yah. That just motivated me to stop touring hubby all over the place, save my $$$ and apply for AOS.

Girl, you are prego with that attitude!!!

That's about to be the everyday me if he don't shape up and stay the hell off facebook.

Thanks KJ! I know it's hard to come forward when having problems but I figure I've tried to do everything the right way in this relationship (although I'm far from perfect), I certainly don't feel like I jumped into anything with our relationship (waited a year of dating/knowing him before even filing), & I went in to the whole thing knowing full well that there's a good chance it won't work out but hoping & praying for the best. I just want to put it out there in case anyone else can gain something from it....even if it means knowing they are not alone in the issues they face. It's comforting to learn that others have a problem with their partners lying about things, especially insignificant things. It just makes me wonder, WHY??? Seriously, it's so much easier to just tell the truth & tell the story straight the first time! He did explain to me when we had our serious talk last night that his Grandpa used to tell him when he was a kid to lie if it could keep him out of trouble. I don't want to generalize & piss anyone off but it seems to be the way things go there often times.

By the end of this school semester (which I'm urging him to finish), if things haven't changed for the better, he can (1) try to survive here on his own (not living with me) by getting a job, etc., (2) go back to Jamaica or (3) go to St. Maarten where his Mom is. Now I just have to see if he takes this seriously.

I too have seen negative things and hope and pray that the good will overcome the bad. There's is never enough time in the world to spend in Jamaica to decide if the time is right to start filing, it truly is a gamble. I like the the options you gave him, sounds reasonable and to the point. As to why they lie, we don't know and never will and that's when we know there's a problem because they lie for no reason, it's as if they get pleasure from lying.

There were so many lines I wanted to bold here but then I could've just bolded this whole thing. Thanks Dada for the advice! I agree on every point here! After some reflection, I'm not set to throw in the towel yet but I'm bracing myself for anything that might come up. It's tough....he's a good, sweet guy for the most part but all of this mess is a serious problem & I spent a lot of time yesterday asking what I was getting out of this marriage. I couldn't come up with much & can't even after we talked last night. Maybe my 'payoff' (not that that was my intention in going through all this) will come later but right now, it's a burden on me & I'm not benefiting much from it. I hate to admit this but, I've spent a lot of hours recently thinking about life before this relationship & as hard as it was at times to be lonely, I've begun to think I didn't know how good I had it! I'm not even talking about the freedom to be with whoever you want romantically, just the freedom to do what you want, when, where, with whoever, etc.! If this doesn't work out, I may be one of the biggest advocates on the planet to tell folks to STAY SINGLE! It's not so bad!

True KJ! We've had similar convos before but never quite to this degree of seriousness. I *think* he knows I'm not playing anymore. Again, we shall see. I wouldn't feel bad about being a PI either...I'm about to don some dark glasses & follow him on my bicycle...ducking behind cars & bushes & ish! LOL!! :rofl:

Don't let one person ruin your view of marriage, EVERYONE faces problems in their marriage, it's about if the two parties care enought to work those issues out mama.

I like that PI stuff, it's ineteresting and I love the look on their face when they get caught. When I just started talking to G, he told me he was single. So I went through his phone, called this number that would not stop calling and told her the whole story. I said "girl your man is here giving me some positions I ain't never seen muchless feel, not to mention what he can do with his tongue" After I finished telling her, I woke him up, gave him the phone and said someone gotta talk to him, he was MADDDD. He was looking in the sky like to wanted to fly :D

One thing came to mind when you were saying all this Ells "Phenomenal Woman" by Dr. Maya Angelou.... We all are!!!

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.

I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size (except for kj and besa rofl.gif )

You wrong MrsTee!! :lol:

Oh KJ, I was mad right along with you....men can be so stupid & insensitive at times. And I don't blame you for smackin 'im! I feel a little bad though that reading that part made me laugh my a$$ off! I'm not laughing at you or the situation but I guess your frustration hit home with me & I took a little pleasure in imagining myself doing the same kinda thing! I hope hubby sees what a butthead he was being & is a little more supportive of you the next time around.

It's alright Ells, I'll say every and anything to make you laugh. Now he feels stupid cause he don't know what happened at the doc and I ain't telling him. :no:

UPDATE:

Basically a few of us wanted to headbonk.gif our hubbies because they gone madddddd! Ells put it out there though! She about to ship Lehi back in a barrel to the JA.. Me and Dada was fussin wit each odda but we good now lol.. umm lot of AOS activity.. Thats it..

Did you get your baby girl?

Great recap Tee :lol:

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im happy you got it done mi amor! :)

Hola mujer. En la lucha :( pero it will all be ok...

kicking.gifHubby just called.. biometrics appointement on 4/29/10 @2:30 yippppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee kicking.gif

Wow Ma, April filers are gettin it in already... mek mi jump pon the ban-wagon

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Great!

Oh ok.

On another note I'm so P'D OFF!

I'm sure I told y'all I'm not sure if I'm preggo, anyhow I had an appt today and he knew. So I woke up, got dressed and left. At the doc office he called and said he's coming so I said fine. Waiting and looking out for him, waitng and looking out for him :whistle::whistle: Then he calls to say he's drinking tea he'll be there in a minute so I said ok. The receptionist came out and told us the doc is gonna be late so we can leave or wait so I left without calling him, I walk in the door to see him sitting on the computer on FACEFRIGGGINBOOK!! His response "you couldn't call and tell me you left the doc, what if I had walked up there?" So I slapped the ###### outta his azz (shouldn't have) and grabbed my laptop and walked away. Now tell me, if you don't wanna come to the doctor's office just fcuking say so, but don't have me sitting there looking out for you and here fcuking rapping on facebook. Rant Over.

I'm trying my best not to put my hands on him because I'd stab his azz if he dare try to hit me back but I was pissed :angry:

LMAO... u are hilarious but I'd be ticked off too. I mean, he dont know if you needed support and didnt even bother to show, nor did he stick to his word by actually showing up instead of blowing you off... I've been there, well sort of.

I was crying and freaking out cuz I had a reaction to Depo last month (my first time). Hubby was at his bf's house and I called all crying and hysterical. He was comforting, but dude never came home. He came home the next day, freaked out and got all worried when he saw what happened to me. But I was mad and fought with him about it for a whole week lol. He should have came home to make sure I was ok.

But there is always his side, like my papi, he was scared as to what my reaction was and started stressing about it. Even though he should have came home, I understand that he was scared. Same thing, I believe happened with yours. They arent too good in showing fear or being intimidated, even though they are real... kitties.

He was wrong. But try to find out why he really didnt come, besides him being on facebook, chances are, it is more deep and serious.

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Okay I know no one is in here right now but I just need to share this with someone. I am sitting outside on the patio and my neighbor just came home and does not know I am up here. She just let out the BIGGEST fart I have ever heard...hope the smell doesn't come up my way. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Thanks Besa! Hubby is learning that there's very little he can get away with that I won't at least eventually find out about but I don't know if it will deter him. Only time will tell. Thank you (& everyone) for your prayers...I'll be doing the same because I do want this marriage to work.

Oh KJ, I was mad right along with you....men can be so stupid & insensitive at times. And I don't blame you for smackin 'im! I feel a little bad though that reading that part made me laugh my a$$ off! I'm not laughing at you or the situation but I guess your frustration hit home with me & I took a little pleasure in imagining myself doing the same kinda thing! I hope hubby sees what a butthead he was being & is a little more supportive of you the next time around.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We are here for you, like always. I truly believe he will change. I've seen it in mine and it can happen for you too. Please try to be patient but firm when he steps out of line.

What rugrats?

Glad to hear!

MoAcory: I've had the credit card theft happen a few times. Fortunately, it was always pretty easy to rectify, probably since I check my bank/credit card online at least twice/day. Glad your situation got taken care of.

This testimony put a smile on my face!

DensWifey, I'm excited about your closing! Be sure to note the "Lessons Learned" to pass on to those of us who will soon join the homeowner ranks.

Thanks Nat... It is amazing how God works.

Okay I know no one is in here right now but I just need to share this with someone. I am sitting outside on the patio and my neighbor just came home and does not know I am up here. She just let out the BIGGEST fart I have ever heard...hope the smell doesn't come up my way. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

U are a complete mess girl... lol. that made my day :lol:

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

LOL it really made my day too. I almost said let it out but I just sat here and cracked up to myself.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

One sorta funny note: This morning when we woke up Lehi tells me he had a dream that his Grandma beat him. I told him she came to tell him to 'tap tell lie'! If anyone can scare him straight, it's Grandma (& she was the sweetest lady ever). She told him before she passed that if he ever hurt me, she'd come back & squeeze his 'seed bag'! :rofl:

That aint right... Being jamaican, I learnt that whenever you get a dream from a deceased family member, YOU ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE AND NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER...

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

06/07/13 - Sent Package

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.