*SunRay*

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 25!

4,433 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I will think about that. Reminds me of Pinhead from that old horror movie. helpsmilie.gif

real talk- if i had the $$$$$ i would get acupuncture all the time

for stress, for mood balance, for pain, for pms, for being a ######

i love it that much!

i jokingly asked my guy if he could just sharpie the points on me once and could i order acupuncture needles off the internet?

he was like- you serious? you're crazy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband thinks I'm crazy due (in part) to my latest obsession with getting the best deal. The book "The Coupon Mom's Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bills in Half" is really helping! Tomorrow, I'm going to get paid to buy some Stride gum @ CVS, as well as strike a zillion other bargains. They're open 24 hrs so I almost want to go now, but should be asleep.

Anyway, here's what I made for dinner. Less than $5 for 6 servings:

• 1 lb ground beef (chuck) - $1.79
  • 1/4 white onion - $0.50
  • 2 boxes Kraft Mac & Cheese - $0.69 each (sale @ Walgreens)
  • 1/2 stick butter (or less) & 1/2 cup milk (or more) - let's say $1
  • various seasonings - pennies @ organic store, bought in bulk

Brown seasoned beef, adding chopped onion partway through. Drain & rinse off fat. Prepare boxed macaroni as instructed. Add onion/beef mixture & more seasonings. Eat. Say "Yummy!" Portion into single-serve bowls (tip from "Mindless Eating") for future meals.

I had a salad with mine. My husband won't eat the "goat food" though.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Some tips from the coupon mom book, and I'm not even finished the book:

1) Buy the cheapest ground beef, even if it is more fatty. Just rinse off the extra fat after browning. (In my HEB, the difference is like $1.79 compared to $3.49/lb for extra lean.)

2) Combine store coupons with manufacturer's coupons. (I'm buying someone Crest Whitestrips. I have a $10 Target coupon & a $10 manufacturer's coupon. :dance: )

3) Shop at drugstores, but be sure to combine their sales with coupons and with their rewards programs. (Stride gum is on sale for 99cents @ CVS, with a 99cent extra buck reward good on next purchase. Plus I have a coupon for the gum.)

Bonus: If you don't think you'll be back soon to use the Extra Buck Rewards, split your purchase into 2: first buy all items that come with EB rewards, then buy all other items USING the EB rewards

4) Buy seasonings in the bulk department of an organics store. (I already knew about this. I think I showed you my pictures of seasonings that averaged 40 cents/small jar)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's great news nuh worry yuh self I was so nervous in preparation for my interview but you have to give that anxiety to God and have faith everything will work out just fine and yuh man soo be by yuh side :thumbs:

Thanks a lot philly.

Timeline

Dillon you are so right, that is a huge step IMO and have to consider the other parties feelings that they are gonna miss the heck out of you when yuh gone! :yes:

Dills we must be the only couple who are attached at the hip. I don't need any time alone time at work is enough for me and when I'm gone is enough for him. I can't imagine leaving the country getting on a plane without my Husband for th sale of fun, God forbid something happened and I was never to return? All that aside I don't want to travel alone or with girfriends without him, I did that enough when I was single I love my Husband and want to spend every moment and share every experience I can with him. I understand there are certain instances where there is a need to travel alone, family emergencies and such, but just cause I need a vacation Nuh Suh not without my Man. :wub:

Now I know you Ladies prolly aint feeling this but its my feelings and I am keeping it real.

I know I am all late...AND my hubby aint even here BUT...I can't see me going on a vacation without him. Things may change but as of now and all this time apart...I can't see it happening. UNLESS...as in the case with JQ she is going to take care of business and he can't go...

:blink: Dang Nat and you were down JA pretty much for a minute....My tickets usually range from 298-398 my one for next week was only 301 but I didn't pay fi it so it don't matter.

ummmm who pay fa it>>???? Can I get a hook up>>???

Ha. Well we shall see he is cool ova de phone but I need to see for myself in person. Em cousin passed last week so I’m like uh oh dats means we will be at a wake. Not trying to meet folks just yet but oh well so it goes.

He’s really upset all mi chat bout is Mobay but hey dats mi hood I’m Mobay fi life. He told me we will see. I’m even thinking bout going back the movies to see Why Did I get Married Too if its out there yet. There is no show is Negril so guess where we’ll have to go? Did you guess yet? Yup dat’s right Mobay baby!!! LOL

Girl that movie was playing there in Mobay BEFORE it opened up here in the states....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

Mrs Z can you fill out your timeline? It would be helpfull to those of us (ME) who are following your path...THanks

I hated how it ended....

Sounds like that child shouldn't be left alone...that is NOT GOOD...

Well a lawyer did it for us and I am kinda in the dark about the whole process...all I know is that we filled out the I130 on march 15,2009, filled out G-325A,Biographical Information March 18,2009,I guess the case was completed January 24,2010, got the appointment letter March 25,2010,medical schedule for April 21,2010 and the interview date is May 4,2010 at 7:30 am. Sorry if this does not help much, I tried filling out my time line I don't even know if it's posted... the G-325A date on the time line I tried filling out is incorrect I just gave the correct date which is March 18,2009.

Timeline

I meant to say...please add a disclaimer up first...I can't even type cause I'm over here crying! :rofl:

Thank you Lady C! God is good! I hope you and your beautiful fam had a great Easter!

Thanks again Dens Wifey and congratulations on your home :) you guys are so supportive here I would be totally lost if it weren't for all of you.

Thanks again Dens Wifey and congratulations on your home :) you guys are so supportive here I would be totally lost if it weren't for all of you.

No problem! We're all here to help each other through this process... :wacko: We're going to get there!!! :thumbs::D

Some tips from the coupon mom book, and I'm not even finished the book:

1) Buy the cheapest ground beef, even if it is more fatty. Just rinse off the extra fat after browning. (In my HEB, the difference is like $1.79 compared to $3.49/lb for extra lean.)

2) Combine store coupons with manufacturer's coupons. (I'm buying someone Crest Whitestrips. I have a $10 Target coupon & a $10 manufacturer's coupon. :dance: )

3) Shop at drugstores, but be sure to combine their sales with coupons and with their rewards programs. (Stride gum is on sale for 99cents @ CVS, with a 99cent extra buck reward good on next purchase. Plus I have a coupon for the gum.)

Bonus: If you don't think you'll be back soon to use the Extra Buck Rewards, split your purchase into 2: first buy all items that come with EB rewards, then buy all other items USING the EB rewards

4) Buy seasonings in the bulk department of an organics store. (I already knew about this. I think I showed you my pictures of seasonings that averaged 40 cents/small jar)

Excellent tips...thanks for sharing!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone.

Just... when you do acupuncture does it work the 1st visit?

I have always loved going to the chiropractor but you end up having to go back forever! We don't have that $$ right now.

Louis has had lots of aches, pains, headaches lately and I think acupuncture might work for him... but wonder if they are going to tell him he should come back everyday for a month! LOL

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Good Morning Everyone,

Have a BLESSED Day

AOS

2/14/10- Married My Best Friend

3/15/10- Sent Off Check and AOS DOCs Express Mail

3/29/10 received Biometrics appointment letter for 4/20/10 will walk in on 3/31/10

5/28/10-Advance Parole Received

6/5/10-EAD Received

6/26/10-Greencard received

JmW0m4.png

Tell me about it TAM that is exactly why I am not letting go. My Neighbor Mrs Bootsy had her 41st year anniversary last night and it made mi yeyes dem watah cause TRUE love is so beautiful. :wub: I pray that God allows me to be blessed with my Husband for the rest of my life!

:thumbs:

Good Morning Everyone,

Have a BLESSED Day

Morning and have a blessed day as well! Hope all is well!

Good Morning Everyone.

Just... when you do acupuncture does it work the 1st visit?

I have always loved going to the chiropractor but you end up having to go back forever! We don't have that $$ right now.

Louis has had lots of aches, pains, headaches lately and I think acupuncture might work for him... but wonder if they are going to tell him he should come back everyday for a month! LOL

Morning Irie! That's a great question...I wonder that as well cause when I was going to the chiro...he wanted to see me like two times a week!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dada yes our journey was so long it took 7 months for our initial USCIS approval and I was losing my mind the whole way LOL. It seems like forever until the process was complete but it was 200% worth it! I know exactly how Honey is feeling as Den's would say Poe thang but that is why I was so happy to find VJ and be able to share that anxiety with you all. There are so many emotions during this process it helped so much to have other people going through it together.

I am just so blessed cause my previous relationships in JA and Haiti girl were a hot mess I never imagined I would or could actually be happy. Now it seems that I am living a fairy tale compared to the past, only the pickney issues. Speaking of pickney yuh get my text? Mi guh sen yuh pm bout the Phockery dis mawning stand by

Yeah mi get it but mi need ta calm down before responding. I was so vexed wid reading it I was ready to get in mi car and drive to Philly. But mi muss say it had me rrroollliiiinnngggg to.. Sorry.

I am so happy fi yuh Philly I truly am.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.