*SunRay*

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 25!

4,433 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MsSheka, I see you got the welcome letter today. Congratulations!

Umm Nat if he's buying a car can't he work a little further out now?? Anywho best of luck to him!!!

He could, but may as well work within walking distance if you can. I, personally, do not enjoy commuting at all. I'd love to live even closer to work than I do now (2.5 miles).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sorry girl- but its an urban legand

but still funny as hell

ive heard about it for years

http://www.snopes.com/embarrass/mistaken/troll.asp

Yeah I thought that was a likkle too crazy even for up here in Oregon...

ShaNette, that man was OUT OF ORDER 100%. Shame on him for what he did to you in the past & for the stunt he pulled in CHURCH on resurrection Sunday. :no:

Dillon, I hope he does well. That reminds me of something I COMPLETELY forgot to share here!

We went to Craigslist last week and the first job we clicked on was for a new cafe opening nearby (within 3 miles of where we live). We read the details and saw that it is a Caribbean cafe. It also required a food handler's permit. So we went about getting the permit, then sent in Steven's resume. Well, he got called back a few days later for an interview and turns out the place isn't just Caribbean, but Jamaican! :dance:

Once it opens, it will be the nearest Jamaican restaurant to where we live. Anyway, Steven has an interview for the position in 30 minutes. I feel like this is meant to be, for it to be a Jamaican restaurant and the FIRST thing we clicked on. I think God put this in front of us, but even if it doesn't work out, there are over 15 places within a few blocks of where we live that Steven can apply.

Shanette....OMgoooooodness....tru crazyness!

Dillon, he wore brown pants & a purple button-down shirt.

So I'm ALL excited to hear EVERY detail. His recap "It went well." I'm like, What! I need more info than that! I told him to pretend to be a woman for a minute & tell me what happened from the minute he got there. His story:

"I got there & they were talking to another chef so I had to wait a few minute. Jacqueline used to work for P.J. Patterson (former prime minister) and has owned a restaurant in JA for 20 years. Wendy asked me about my references."

Then it was like he got exhausted from all the talking & said he'll tell me the rest when I get home. I did get a bit more from him: The restaurant doesn't open until May 15, but they want him to start next week. :dance: The interview couldn't have been too long because it was at 1:30 & he called at 1:45 already back at home.

Dillion good luck tomorrow and Nat Congrats Today!!! WOW....I wanna be like yall when I grow up...2 incomes yeahhhhhh :dance:

Edited by jamerican

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

Hey yardies B-) just dropping in to say hey been real busy with hubby and kids but i have not forgotten mi yaadie dem :no:

JQ i know your daughter's interview coming up soon good luck girl bring that baby home :dance:

So glad all is going well....did you post your interview story?? I was out the loop for a minute so I hafta go check...

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello to my Yardie Fam....

I've been MIA the last fews days and I'm so far behind. :( I hope everyone had a great Easter.

Dills: I hope Mikel gets the job tomorrow

Nat: Congrats on hubby getting a job at the restaurant. That should be fun and you"ll get some food too. lol

Sorry for whateva else I missed because I can't go back and read right now.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

VJ is the stuff...I told Den he should be grateful to VJ cause it helped us stay together a few times I was going to be like forget this here...love you to pieces but this here...are you serious? I can't deal...some times I get too wired up...don't know if you guys have noticed that about me just yet... :rofl:

On a side note :ot: Den stated and seemed to be firm that I can not go on any girls' only trips to JA! :rofl::no: Poe thang, I got news for him...one will be planned for the near future...maybe not in '10 but definitely one of these times soon. :yes:

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Dens is my friend fellow Julyian but BOY BOOM :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

My hubby is going to be a mess when I am gone, I already know it, I didnt catch up yall will try to at home.

Going to get my hair and nails did

Holla

Hey yardies B-) just dropping in to say hey been real busy with hubby and kids but i have not forgotten mi yaadie dem :no:

JQ i know your daughter's interview coming up soon good luck girl bring that baby home :dance:

Thank you Sheka boo

Interview Friday :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

So I'm ALL excited to hear EVERY detail. His recap "It went well." I'm like, What! I need more info than that! I told him to pretend to be a woman for a minute & tell me what happened from the minute he got there. His story:

"I got there & they were talking to another chef so I had to wait a few minute. Jacqueline used to work for P.J. Patterson (former prime minister) and has owned a restaurant in JA for 20 years. Wendy asked me about my references."

Then it was like he got exhausted from all the talking & said he'll tell me the rest when I get home. I did get a bit more from him: The restaurant doesn't open until May 15, but they want him to start next week. :dance: The interview couldn't have been too long because it was at 1:30 & he called at 1:45 already back at home.

I couldnt catch up Nat but did Sterven get a job, Im lost but if he did

Praise Him, God is Good

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

I've been MIA the last fews days and I'm so far behind. sad.gif I hope everyone had a great Easter.

Nat: Congrats on hubby getting a job at the restaurant. That should be fun and you"ll get some food too. lol

I was asking about you.. I was going to send out a missing persons report!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was asking about you.. I was going to send out a missing persons report!!!!

Nah, mi deh ere Tee.... :lol:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Good Morning Yardies…I hoped everyone had a great Easter Weekend. I sure did. Took hubby to see the Cherry Blossoms on Saturday and then we went to see Why did I get Married. We went to church on Sunday and then just relax.

Funny Story:

One of my co-workers came in this morning and told us she has a friend who lives in Oregon and her friend has a slightly retarded son who is 12. Well her friend went to work and left the child home alone and around 11am the boy called his mom and told her to come home because he caught a troll. She told him to put the troll in a cage until she got home and she will see it. The friend figured it was a squirrel or something. Well the friend got home after work and saw all her furniture move and was blocking the closet door. She asked him why all the stuff was there and he told her the troll is in the closet. She moved the stuff and opened the door and a Midget man ran out the door. He came by to hand out religious pamphlets and the little boy thought he was a troll…..Damn im still laughing

Too funny :rofl:

Tomorrow, I get the results back from the dreaded "math" test. Pray for me sistas!unsure.gif

You got it girl!!

Hey girl ( see I told yuh I soon come back :star: ) I know you are feeling like oh hell no but Nette yuh got this! Like you say you know everything there is to know about yuh Hubby so nuh worry yuh self you both will pass with flying colors! Have faith! LOL @ yuh pulling yuh big girl panties up :lol: I know that's right!

Thanks Chica

Hi Finesse how are the babies doing? I usually send a barrel. It cost about $90 to $125 to send off and depends on whats in the barrel it can cost up to $250.00 to clear it. It helps iif you know someone who works on the warf.

Can you please share th barrel info, too? I have this big box that weighs like 30lbs that I need to send

Good Morning Ladies...

We had a good weekend too. Friday I left work early and Hubby and I went to see the Tyler Perry movie. We both liked it a lot and it was fun having a date in the middle of the day while the kids were in school.

Please say some prayers for Mikel he finally has a job interview tomorrow :dance: and I really pray that he gets it. It has been very stressful at our house since he has been back from JA and this is the main reason why. We have been filling out applications and sending his resume out like crazy and this is the first call he has gotten.

Prayers with you

:wow:

That's crazy. If I were you I wouldn't go back to that church, try your best to say outta that man's reach. Not that you should be scared of him but think about what would've happen if him and your husband got into it and your husband gets arrested? Sorry if I'm exaggerating but I always think what's the worst that could happen...

Me 2. I just kept moving my husband down to the car telling him its so not worth it. That psycho is always in/out of jail.

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

ShaNette, that man was OUT OF ORDER 100%. Shame on him for what he did to you in the past & for the stunt he pulled in CHURCH on resurrection Sunday. :no:

Dillon, I hope he does well. That reminds me of something I COMPLETELY forgot to share here!

We went to Craigslist last week and the first job we clicked on was for a new cafe opening nearby (within 3 miles of where we live). We read the details and saw that it is a Caribbean cafe. It also required a food handler's permit. So we went about getting the permit, then sent in Steven's resume. Well, he got called back a few days later for an interview and turns out the place isn't just Caribbean, but Jamaican! :dance:

Once it opens, it will be the nearest Jamaican restaurant to where we live. Anyway, Steven has an interview for the position in 30 minutes. I feel like this is meant to be, for it to be a Jamaican restaurant and the FIRST thing we clicked on. I think God put this in front of us, but even if it doesn't work out, there are over 15 places within a few blocks of where we live that Steven can apply.

That was def God's plan mama!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Timeline

Great!!!!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

hey dills..

roger loves it.. well except the hours, rather be in bed w/ me :devil:, but we make it do what it do in the hours we have LOL..i love the time cuz he can still pick up the kids from school so we don't have to pay for daycare anymore.

he likes that he is moving around from aisle to aisle and no strict supervision..he loves to work independently. he says the time goes by quickly cuz there is ALWAYS work to do..

the pay of course vexes him a bit, but luckily i beat it in his head since he got here that even tho he has MADD experience, he would not be making no $15 or 16/hr right away.. i think its a blessing not to be getting minimum wage.. he is seriously considering another job at least till he can afford the ja trip, but we'll see..

im so proud of him that he can send money to the kids..and buy things he wants.. he had some work to do on his car this weekend and he paid for it all.. :dance:

That's great!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

Timeline

I've been MIA the last fews days and I'm so far behind. :( I hope everyone had a great Easter.

Thanks Sunny..and thanks for your help. Wink Wink!

Edited by dillon

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Go Steven Go Steven!!!!! :dance:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey dills..

roger loves it.. well except the hours, rather be in bed w/ me :devil:, but we make it do what it do in the hours we have LOL..i love the time cuz he can still pick up the kids from school so we don't have to pay for daycare anymore.

he likes that he is moving around from aisle to aisle and no strict supervision..he loves to work independently. he says the time goes by quickly cuz there is ALWAYS work to do..

the pay of course vexes him a bit, but luckily i beat it in his head since he got here that even tho he has MADD experience, he would not be making no $15 or 16/hr right away.. i think its a blessing not to be getting minimum wage.. he is seriously considering another job at least till he can afford the ja trip, but we'll see..

im so proud of him that he can send money to the kids..and buy things he wants.. he had some work to do on his car this weekend and he paid for it all.. :dance:

What ever happened to the Jamaican dinners on wheels??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.