lilacvioletiris

K-1 May interviews Montreal !!!!

227 posts in this topic

You know I still haven't figured that out, everyone else was carrying theirs too, but the brown card specifies they only need the orange envelope WITHOUT the xray, and the interviewer just said "you will need it when you cross into the US" otherwise no one mentioned it.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Well if they ask for it now, it`s too late! I left it at home. We made it to Montreal safe and sound, though. Doing the sleep/rest thing today, the tourist thing tomorrow, and then... well.. playing guinea pigs on Monday. Fingers crossed!!!!

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Awesome! Thanks for the pointers! :D Do we need to take his X-Ray???

No, I think you will be fine without the X-ray. Montreal never asked for it.

HOLY MOLY! We just went and had THE BEST PASTA EVER!!!! On the far end of the Convention Center by Hotel Dauphin, there is a place called La Popessa. You pick your pasta type, the sauce, all of it. It's fairly cheap considering the quality, AND you get a bit of a show, too! The cook was flipping our plates around and tossing the pasta around and all of that jazz. We're going again tomorrow night for dinner!

Other than that, so far, it's been pretty dreary here. I'll likely have tons of pictures after tomorrow, though. We're going to head out and see some sights and what not. We're walking everywhere, so it probably won't be anything super fantastic, but yeah. I'm excited!!! :)

Hope you all are having a great evening!!!

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

My fiance' and his friend took me to St. Joseph's Oratory and Mount Royal. The Oratory was awesome! LOTS OF steps and a few escalators. But the view was awesome. We had to pay for parking (I think it was a "suggested donation").

Only because there is no hockey game Im sure, otherwise there would be riots in the streets tongue.gif

LOL so true, we were alarmed at the noise being made the other night during the game.

We left the car and walked everywhere, including to the top of the mountain.. good thing I have practice climbing steep hills lol.

Frenzy how do you like having exactly half of everything in french and the other half in English? My head was spinning the first night :lol:

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

I'm experiencing such a huge amount of culture shock, haha. A lot more than I thought I would. :wacko:

As for the dreary, I think it was mostly because of the fact that it was raining. When Matthew and I woke up yesterday, his dad came down and told us that it was supposed to be "Sunny alllll the way to Montreal! No signs of rain at all!" It was cloudy the whole way and the moment we entered Quebec, it started raining. LOL. That's okay, though; it was peaceful.

I'm trying to decide what time to set the alarm for tomorrow morning. I know I'll be up before he will be, lol. We're going to walk to the embassy today, to gauge our timing, so we'll probably be out the door super early. I want to be first in line, and as of right now, I haven't a clue where to stand by the building. LOL.

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

OH! Did you guys put the consulate's PO box address on the mailer, or their ACTUAL address??? :D (and I've already written the tracking number down - THREE TIMES, LOL)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

Stand on the left side of the door with your backs to the big yellow barricades so the trucks don't hit the building that are a little bit to the left of the doors. They open the right door to let you in, and you don't want to be behind the door. My fiance' and I arrived at 6:30 a.m. and were second in line. No one else came until 7 a.m. It is your call. Who knows when people will arrive tomorrow. If you need to use the restroom while you wait, you can go around to the front of the building on Rene-Levesque and ask the receptionist for a key to the "washrooms". I think my fiance' went 3 times he was so nervous. Just make sure you leave your fiance' in line while you go (or you stay while he goes).

We actually left the "from" section blank and only put in the "To" section on the xpresspost envelope.

Yeah I did the same thing, left the "from" section blank.

The consulate entrance is kind of hidden in a narrow street lol, but you will see the address and the American consulate sign above the door, plus information about hours and what you can't have with you in the window. Stand to the left side of the doors. And dress warm.. it's nice during the day but still pretty chilly at 7.. even though the sun comes up at like 5. I was so confused when I woke up to a bright room and my phone said 5 o'clock. :blush:

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

Ahh, mmkay. Thanks for the tips. :D

But GRRRR at Royal Bank right now! We've never really contacted them when we're going on vacation, because we haven't needed to. They never gave him any problems ALL the times he's gone to the States, even the first time! No, no. They choose while we're in Montreal to shut his card off, and of course, there's no bank branch open on Sunday. And of course, they didn't bother to call him and tell him that they killed his card. Oy. Luckily, we have my account, so I called and told them I'm in Montreal so they won't shut my card off, and then we transferred the money to my account and voila. Crisis somewhat averted. lol.

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

Yet another happy ending! Good luck to Jay and Beverley, jenni1921, and Supportgeek later this week! I can't believe there aren't any other May interviews! Now on to our weddings!

Lilacvioletiris May 3 - Approved!

jasonandsarah May 4 - Approved!

corcor May 7 - Approved!

WF & TS May 7 - Approved!

Arcadia May 11 - Approved!

Kevbev09 May 12 - Administrative Processing

Frenzyheart May 17th - Approved!

Jay & Beverley (aka Bevie) May 19th

jennie1921 May 19th

Supportgeek May 20th

Keep them coming Montreal! You have been making dreams come true!

Good luck to you three couples tomorrow and Friday!!! I know you all will do SPLENDIDLY!!!!!!!!

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.